TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I think I may have found a 2014 picture (looks like its still being worked on).

I found it in the css coding. This is how the fact that Banshee would be the longest invert in the world was leaked on KI Central. I thought it would be worth giving a try for Wonderland and it worked!

https://www.canadaswonderland.com/css/screen.css

Under the "global" heading, there are 4 picture links

body.internal{ background: #1542a0 url(/images/structure/bg-body-internal.jpg) no-repeat top center; }

body.dino1{ background: #000 url(/images/structure/bg-body-dino1.jpg) no-repeat top center; }

body.dino2{ background: #000 url(/images/structure/bg-body-dino2.jpg) no-repeat top center; }

body.dino3{ background: #000 url(/images/structure/bg-body-dino3.jpg) no-repeat top center; }

body.mountain{ background: #000 url(/images/structure/bg-body-mountain.jpg) no-repeat top center; }

Add the bolded part to the Wonderland's homepage url.

http://www.webcitation.org/6J4sh4eQ3

This is the mountain picture.

And just an FYI, after looking through some archives of the css page, I'm, 99% sure that the mountain picture is for 2014 as that image didn't exist in June.

(UPDATE: The park has removed the image, but I archived it last night, to see the picture, click the link above This pretty much confirms that the picture is for 2014 and that the ride will likely be a dark ride!)

Edited by Dom497

I remember hearing rumours when Paramount still owned the park that the Addams Family ride was being considered for inside the mountain. So, I guess the idea has been there for awhile.

If it is true, it should make for an interesting place for a ride. I was in there once when I worked at the park; there was a cube van parked in there and it was mostly used for storage.

I am so excited. If this is indeed a dark ride, or some variation of one, I will be super happy. I've been hoping for a new dark ride and would be honored if it was in my home park.

I will be there for the announcement on Friday next week bright and early.

I just checked out the Haunt site myself. I'm not reading much into the dive coaster. The same image appears on other Haunt sites (at least on the Carowinds one, too lazy to check the others, but you get the point).

In other news, The Ruins and Louisiana Scream are new Haunt mazes located in Wonder Mountain. I'm curious to see where they're accessed from, and whether the holes they've been cutting are being made for these mazes or are just for the new ride.

A solid dark ride that differs from the plethora of shooter/ interactive stuff out there by not having any of that stuff would be a breath of fresh air....just taking us on an awesome ride without having to do any work

Really looking forward to seeing what this is going to be. I'm sure that it's going to be a great addition.

So now after seeing the hole this morning, can say that it is not for the new ride what so ever. There's holes all over the mountain and it's (Patch work) so as you can see in this picture the massive hole has mesh covering now. There are plenty of smaller holes with mesh coverings or already filled in. Seems like the mountain is being patched and going to be repainted sometime this Fall or Winter

The new ride however I have no clue where it's going to go, cause I'm suddenly doubting that it's a small attraction anymore and may think this to be a decent sized family coaster kind of like Verbolten.

Why do I feel like were looking at a BIG addition investment wise;

1. A PUBLIC announcement first for Canada's Wonderland where they invited all passholders for a 6am-9am early entry and early access to rides and for a 7 am announcement.

2. The twitter and facebook teasers use the word Big and have even told some guests that they have tricks up their sleeves to top Leviathan.

3.Seems like President Matt Ouiment see's a lot of opportunity for Canada's Wonderland, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's a splash works/ hotel & waterpark year round type of thing along with thise dark ride.. just saying!

IMG_0712.thumb.JPG.e1fa5e94cc3287ebd3328e1e98b477e5.JPG

the hole keeps getting bigger! "That's what he said"

^That'd make sense. But, if it were just a mountain repaint/redo, then Mr. Pirtovshek wouldn't have tweeted a photo of the hole saying "I bet you're wondering why there's a hole in the side of the mountain" (I believe he wouldn't if it were something like that).

There are also markers up in the mountain and extending down into the field area.

I think the park needs a modern steel looping coaster. Can we do better than a 160 foot loop? dunno.

I would like a floorless coaster similar to scream at magic mountain. I went on it a while ago and really loved it. If not, i could live with a B&M invert like it seems every 6 flags has. I would go as far as something like tatsu.

I am not a big fan of heights, but got enough courage up to go on both behemoth and leviathan. once you get past the lift hill i really like them but because they are so high and fast they cant have very interesting elements. I would like a moderate sized coaster with great pacing and some awesome elements. I don't know how marketing explains that to the GP to draw people in, but that's their problem, they are well paid professionals...

What we don't need is: anything by Vekoma, a wing rider, a drop coaster or a spinning wild mouse. (spinning drop coaster?... nah)

And whatever they do, i want to see a decent break run on it (sound of can of worms opening)

Maybe we can steal another coaster from those guys down at knotts...

The Haunt site is now live and we are having 10, yes 10, mazes and 4 scare zones!!! That is amazing. The list is as follows:

Clowns At Midnight

Club Blood

Cornstalkers

Louisiana Scream *NEW*

Mother Noose

Sci Fi House *NEW*

Streets of the Undead

Terror of London

The Asylum

The Ruins *NEW*

As mentioned before The Ruins and Louisiana Scream will be inside Wonder Mountain.

As for Scare Zones we get:

Carnevil

Ghostly Pines

Toys

Steampunk

Seems they took Iron Empire maze and noticed it would be way better as a Scare Zone rather than a maze. I am pumped for this indeed.

Also new this year is a show called "MYSTERION THE MIND READER" - "New for 2013! Watch the dramatic psychic power of this master mentalist read the minds of the most unsuspecting mortals." That should be interesting at very least.

Also, Screamscape has confirmed that the 2014 attraction will indeed be inside Wonder Mountain. It was mentioned during a Q&A at an ACE event over the weekend. I cannot wait and I will be in attendance on Friday morning.

https://www.canadaswonderland.com/haunt

I think the park needs a modern steel looping coaster. Can we do better than a 160 foot loop? dunno.

I would like a floorless coaster similar to scream at magic mountain. I went on it a while ago and really loved it. If not, i could live with a B&M invert like it seems every 6 flags has. I would go as far as something like tatsu.

I am not a big fan of heights, but got enough courage up to go on both behemoth and leviathan. once you get past the lift hill i really like them but because they are so high and fast they cant have very interesting elements. I would like a moderate sized coaster with great pacing and some awesome elements. I don't know how marketing explains that to the GP to draw people in, but that's their problem, they are well paid professionals...

What we don't need is: anything by Vekoma, a wing rider, a drop coaster or a spinning wild mouse. (spinning drop coaster?... nah)

And whatever they do, i want to see a decent break run on it (sound of can of worms opening)

Maybe we can steal another coaster from those guys down at knotts...

Vekoma flyers are by far the best flyer in my book. It's hard to sit (and I said sit) in a B&M and actually feel like your "flying". Superman didn't sit when he flew.

Also, Screamscape has confirmed that the 2014 attraction will indeed be inside Wonder Mountain. It was mentioned during a Q&A at an ACE event over the weekend. I cannot wait and I will be in attendance on Friday morning.

https://www.canadaswonderland.com/haunt

I was at the event, the attractions inside the mountain will be 2 of the mazes for this years haunt. They would not tell us anything other than there is an attraction coming, no other information was mentioned about the 2014 attraction.

They did say, after someone asked why they were closed and if they had planned to reopen the trails on the mountain, that they would like to refurbish those areas of need. Apparently the trails were closed due to people tossing stuff off the mountain.

On another note:

1238198_10200682644090656_933647097_n.jpg

561928_10200682640970578_1858543654_n.jpg

1231642_10200682642650620_2003735661_n.jpg

1234666_10200682643850650_1243010146_n.jpg

1176136_10200682643050630_1736152767_n.jpg

Feeling the vibration as a train rockets down the drop!

1208497_10200682643610644_776116253_n.jpg

After the Leviathan walk back, I got 13 rides on without going around and re entering the queue. 2 rides in the front, and then walked to row 8 and got 11 more.

Rode Leviathan a total of 15 times on Saturday!

We all also got Dinosaurs Alive included in our event.

Here is a photo of the Dinosaurs moving:

994905_10200682647130732_469561744_n.jpg

Here are the same Dinos moving again:

599639_10200682647290736_1862444595_n.jpg

Have move photos on my facebook page (they are mostly Leviathan and Dinos):

https://www.facebook.com/jesse.caldwell.3154/media_set?set=a.10200682627530242.1073741828.1297644186&type=3

I was at the event, the attractions inside the mountain will be 2 of the mazes for this years haunt. They would not tell us anything other than there is an attraction coming, no other information was mentioned about the 2014 attraction.

They did say, after someone asked why they were closed and if they had planned to reopen the trails on the mountain, that they would like to refurbish those areas of need. Apparently the trails were closed due to people tossing stuff off the mountain.

I gotta imagine that Vortex taking up all of the observation deck space at the top of the mountain may be a problem in re-opening the mountain trails.

Personally, I'd love to see them re-open the pathway behind the falls. If I remember correctly, they were closed due to the path getting too slippery, but I'm sure that kind of thing can be fixed by now.

So with the recent Cedar Point announcement. Can we be "sure" the rumoured dark ride for CP is going to Canada's Wonderland?

Unless Dorney Park surprises everyone tomorrow during their announcement, I think its safe to say CW is getting the dark ride.

When you say they would like to refurbish the walkway, do you mean that they would like to re-open it in the future or they just gave a general response not hinting anything?

It was more along the lines of general improvements. Nothing said remotely hinted that a "RIDE" will be going into the mountain. As I said before, 2 of this year's mazes will share the inside of the mountain.

Of course, there may very well be plans to put a ride in there, but they did not confirm anything.

I think before they open it back up they would want a way to keep guests from tossing things over the side.

I'm headed to the park on Sunday for the first time and any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated! What can I expect as far as holiday weekend crowds? We are getting FastLane Plus to help us hit everything. It looks like to me FastLane doesn't include the lower-capacity coasters, so my thoughts were to get there the second the park opens and head to Thunder Run, Fly, Bat, and the junior coasters before those lines get long. Then, as long as everything is running multi trains the only other long wait for us should be Time Warp, right? Thanks again!

I'm headed to the park on Sunday for the first time and any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated! What can I expect as far as holiday weekend crowds? We are getting FastLane Plus to help us hit everything. It looks like to me FastLane doesn't include the lower-capacity coasters, so my thoughts were to get there the second the park opens and head to Thunder Run, Fly, Bat, and the junior coasters before those lines get long. Then, as long as everything is running multi trains the only other long wait for us should be Time Warp, right? Thanks again!

Over the long weekend, expect the park to be packed. Fast Lane is a must if you want to get on everything. Your best bet is to hit up Fly and The Bat first. Thunder Run typically has a full queue, but short wait since it moves quickly. The B&M's will be running all three trains and most everything else will be running two.

Hope you enjoy your day!

Sounds like you have done good research. It will be packed this long weekend, but your pass will save you. Greater Toronto has a population of 6 million and the park reflects this. Wonderland's coasters can be spread out, so it's important to try to avoid walking back and forth. Thunder Run, Fly and The Bat are all close together, so that's good start. Then hit The Beast as you make your way to Levi. Cross over the water and ride Flight Deck, then Time Warp which hopefully the line won't be that long yet. Ride Behemoth and then work your way around riding the remaining coasters ending at Vortex. The junior coasters are rarely busy, so you can ride them last. Now that your done, you'll probably want to ride the two B&Ms again and the unique Vortex. Levi can be a 20 min wait for Fastlane on a busy day and 10-15 for Behemoth, but they are people eaters and are usually shorter. End the day with Starlight Spectacular, It's a really cool show, projected on the mountain. Have fun!