TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I just got back from a trip to Canada and got my first ride on Leviathan. All I can say is WOW! That ride kicks some serious butt. This is my first coaster at 300ft. and it just blew me away. I couldn't get over how spread out the coaster is and how fast it races through the layout. How does it compare to other Gigas like Millenium Force? If only my home state of Florida could get something this big and awesome. I hope we can look forward to a Giga coaster at Busch Gardens some day.

I personally like Millennium Force and I305 better than Leviathan, but Leviathan is still in my top ten. I loved it!

I personally like Millennium Force and I305 better than Leviathan, but Leviathan is still in my top ten. I loved it!

Agreed. Leviathan is a good time but i305 is an angry and unbeatable foe and Millennium Force has a certain unquantifiable charm.

I like Leviathan better than Millennium and I305. The first drop is the best of all the gigas (maybe the best on any coaster) and the ride felt faster than I305 to me, mostly because of the surroundings of Leviathan.

Plus, if you get a ride on Leviathan when the trim brakes are off, it is so much better because the last turn is taken at a much faster speed and there is more airtime on the second airtime hill.

How does it compare to other Gigas like Millenium Force?

I actually find it a lot like Millennium Force. It's got the big sweeping turns, a few airtime hills and is really built to show off the sensation of speed. I305 on the other hand is a completely different beast. It's all about balls to the wall intensity with very quick transitions and some killer pops of airtime.

In my opinion, I305 > Leviathan > Millennium Force. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Does anyone know if there is any flooding at the park?

I was at the park today and didn't notice any major flooding. There was however some pooling of water in Wild Beast's infield and underneath Minebuster's station. Other than that, I didn't notice anything significant.

Does anyone know if there is any flooding at the park?

I was at the park today and didn't notice any major flooding. There was however some pooling of water in Wild Beast's infield and underneath Minebuster's station. Other than that, I didn't notice anything significant.

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Something is going on in the mountain, as a big chunk near the top is ripped open and they seem to be patching up around it with some markers on the outside.

IMG_0673.thumb.JPG.d694b87ea3282d82046b5bc7855e937a.JPG

markers on ground and mountain wall

IMG_0672.thumb.JPG.555f0160ed557172dcfe8d174c913775.JPG

mountain work

IMG_0671.thumb.JPG.d00df860bfbf084a981c34dc8edaa318.JPG

old fencing and tree clearing going on behind white water canyon as well

IMG_0670.thumb.JPG.12c64438aaeb906237975b18e2c096d8.JPG

weird stumps near white water canyon appear to be hiding stuff

the white water canyon area didn't have significant clearing just looked like they cleared some stuff for maybe surveying. could be a 2015, 2016 , 2017 project as you know these things are planned years in advance. A haunt maze wont go back there as it leads to the water flow for white water canyon and out towards the highway. plus all the mazes are pretty much done exterior wise.

plus all the mazes are pretty much done exterior wise.

No....all (or at least most) of the mazes still have their exteriors under construction...

Also, I've spotted those blue survey markers in the WindSeeker and Skyrider areas and they all seem to marking water/hydro/electric access points.

More holes are appearing in the mountain under Vortex and some new blue and red markers in and around Vortex. Some you can tell are new from how clean the paint looks. I took a picture of the haunt maze running through the woods and its exterior is up and on the opposite side. Some of the markers are so far out you can't see them on an Iphone

IMG_0680.thumb.JPG.de99f9b704de9469b17f140df788318c.JPG

IMG_0679.thumb.JPG.7ef12aef3420285a1965b40eb53e7798.JPG

IMG_0678.thumb.JPG.648d353782bb0c0e3bfa8777a2cd36d0.JPG

IMG_0677.thumb.JPG.e25ba3c22686311731747bdf13c674e8.JPG

IMG_0676.thumb.JPG.184614d87197eda52a75845c3be0e0e9.JPG