TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Based on my rides last year during Leviathan Bash, I would rather see Wild Beast get made over. I loved Minebuster and ended up taking multiple rides on it at the end of the night before the park ended their normal operation. It may have been a little rough in places but it had pretty decent pacing and was overall a really fun ride. I think I took maybe 2 rides on Wild Beast due to the roughness.

That said, I think Minebuster is probably the easier of the two coasters to give an "Iron" makeover thanks to the out and back layout. (There would be some tricky spots during construction thanks to the water park above but that's why they have cranes.)

I could reverse your argument and say that fourteen steel roller coasters is "a bit much". Hersheypark does just fine with four, and it has less roller coasters total than Canada's Wonderland.

I think that Sledge Hammer's novelty is awesome, but is it really worth it for Canada's Wonderland to hold onto a ride that has such significant down-time?

Well Inow I think about it, the mine buster would orobably have a better chance if getting re built by RMC, due to the fact that it is the most famous woodie in the park, & RMC seems to be rebuilding iconic woodies that have aged poorly.

As for the wing rider or dive machine, I'd probably take a dive coaster over the wing rider due to the fact that I like my rides intense (Behemoth & leviathan... Ak L306... arre actually second to thevintamin free fall due to the fact that drop zone's more intense)

Another idea... Since CW seems to be turning into a testing ground for B&M (which isn't a bad thing ), maybe well see another prototype...Another crack @ launchers maybe?

Could also see a b&m invert getting built, taking out flight deck & time warp to be built. It would also be fitting to have one go in that spot because of the whole story behind flight deck was that @ the time it was built, paramount had to change their plans from a b&m to an slc (think it was like the second Slc to be built in the world), after Cedar Point built raptor the year before, & made a contract with b&m not to build any inverts in any states/provinces bordering them for the first 5 years raptor was open or something like that. Now that CF owns CW, it would almost like they're giving back what they stole from CW.

Justus two cents

I don't think CW would remove Flight Deck. When I was at the park last week I rode it and it hurt like hell. One of the employees came up to me with a smile on his face. I told him this thing's gotta go and he said something on the lines of, the ride hurts but people love it and it's not going anywhere.

It seems that regardless of how crappy a coaster is, CW will not remove it until it falls apart. They haven't got rid of a single coaster since they opened back in 81. I would consider this a blessing, if the coasters were good, but it's Wonderland! Almost every coaster is a clone, or it sucks (or both). I know the GP loves all the rides, but for an enthusiast it's a pain to have your home park have 16 coasters, but only have 3 of them actually be good.

As for the next coaster, I have been dreaming of Minebuster being re-done by RMC forever! I would die if it actually happened! It would be the perfect way to bring Minebuster back to its glory days. But, I have a gut feeling it will be a Wingrider or some sort of B&M.

In regards to buying a Fast Lane Pass for Wonderland...my advice would be not to purchase it/them online and wait and see what the weather will be like on the day you you to the park. If its going to be sunny and warm then you can expect very long lines but if it's going to be cool,cloudy with a chance of rain then the is a very very good chance the park will be pretty empty regardless of what day of the week it is.

Case in point....my girlfriend and I went to the park during the Saturday of the Canada Day long weekend last year. Usually going to Wonderland on a Saturday during July is a recipe for disaster in itself let alone a long weekend Saturday but the forecast was calling for rain. When we got to the park we were greeted by an almost empty parking lot. When we got to the flag drop the clouds had started to part and the sun came out and we ended up riding Leviathan 26 times before leaving around 4 o'clock and the wait for Leviathan was still around 10 minutes.

^I totally agree with that. I've visited the park almost everyday it has been open this year, and Fast Lane would of only been needed maybe five of them from what I saw. It would be best to wait until you get to the park to see how busy it is and then buy them then.

But, during the week, if you show up to the park anywhere between 10 to noon, the park will look busy, but it isn't. For some reason, everyone will crowd at the front gate during the weekday mornings (I think it's cause they come on school trips), but once you get past it, the park is normally empty. The best way to see if it is busy and if you will need Fast Lane is to walk towards Leviathan, see the lines on some rides, and then (if needed) buy Fast Lane from the little shop beside the entrance to Leviathan. Plus, that little stretch of the park is the busiest section now, so if it doesn't look too bad from the front gate to Leviathan, you most likely will not need Fast Lane.

Today was another prime example of why people should wait until getting to the park before buying their fast lane passes. It was raining this morning but started to let up by the time me and my girlfriend got to the park around 11 and then cleared up in the midafternoon. Because of the rain in the morning the park was empty and everything was a walk on all day.

The funniest part of all this was seeing the people who were using the fast lane....they all looked so sad because they realized there was no need for it and that they has wasted their money. Moral of the story folks....wait until you see how the crowds will be until you decide to purchase.

On a side note...I would like to like to give kudos to the park for keeping Leviathan and Behemoth in 3 train operation and the rest of the coasters in the park running with 2 trains or more even when the crowds were nonexistant which allowed me to get 41 rides in on Leviathan. A personal best for me on any coaster.

Someone already posted the entire new Starlight Spectacular show on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxfpFY5Tbsw

While we're talking about Starlight, I was thinking the other day about how they could use some of those lasers and lights from Haunt to add even more to the show. My favourite part of the show was the ending with all of the trees flashing, it would be cool to have lasers and spotlights flying all around you too.

I said this in 2011... Check out the 7 minute mark of the video.

CWMania had the opportunity to get a bit more info on Starlight Spectacular - Illumination of Water:

And Canada's Wonderland has been doing unique shows for many years. Nights of Fire in Arthur's Bay is a personal favorite of mine. It was a combination of fire, water screens, lasers, fireworks and live actors. Also, in 2000 and 2001 they did "The Eruption" which turned Wonder Mountain in to an active Volcano each night. They're always looking for new things to add! I hope it does well and gets rolled out to Kings Island and Kings Dominion next season.

I just got back from a trip to Canada and got my first ride on Leviathan. All I can say is WOW! That ride kicks some serious butt. This is my first coaster at 300ft. and it just blew me away. I couldn't get over how spread out the coaster is and how fast it races through the layout. How does it compare to other Gigas like Millenium Force? If only my home state of Florida could get something this big and awesome. I hope we can look forward to a Giga coaster at Busch Gardens some day.

According to Screamscapes super duper spy network Canadas Wonderland will be getting their next coaster in 2015. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this is one of those Screamscape rumours that ends up being true.

Oh...Dear Wonderland management please don't put in a B&M Wingrider.

I am really hoping Wonderland adds a B&M Dive Machine with multiple inversions. The park really needs a decent multi looping coaster.

According to Screamscapes super duper spy network Canadas Wonderland will be getting their next coaster in 2015. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this is one of those Screamscape rumours that ends up being true.

Oh...Dear Wonderland management please don't put in a B&M Wingrider.

I am really hoping Wonderland adds a B&M Dive Machine with multiple inversions. The park really needs a decent multi looping coaster.

A Kumba clone?