TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Was there on opening day and all the updates really make the park look nice and fresh, although I do not like the black paint in the fountains at all. There was also some specials going on during opening day. I got a foot long hot dog for $4 and a funnel cake for $7! I don't know about pricing of food at other parks, but that is an amazing deal at CW. Also walking around the park, I did not see any signs of possible construction for 2014, but it's still early so there is always hope something will pop up.

I've been really reading up on coasters of late and the one thing that surprises me is just how many coasters shut down or relocate. I feel like those of us who frequent Canada's Wonderland are lucky. The park is 30 years old, yet no roller coaster has ever been removed from it. The park just keeps expanding. Some might suggest that the fact that the park was independent for some time might have contributed to that, but it was owned by Paramount as part of their chain for several years.

I don't know how I'd react if news that The Vortex was being torn down were to come out...

Also, I'm new to these boards and this might have been discussed, but is there a reason that I can barely find any Canada's Wonderland videos on TPR's Youtube channel? I don't mind watching videos from the "bad guys", but sometimes, I need a "weeee!" included in the video for maximum entertainment.

Saw something of interest on FB...

Thank you Amber for posting this. I was up there getting some updates for the site you were on able to get a few snaps of the crews working on Leviathan, this was one of them.

I will post the rest pics when I get home tonight. I got a shot of one of the cars on the forklift as well.

Crazy day for winds so I am not surprised that it vallied.

I now have a new credit as well, one that many may not even want but, riding Behemoth in the middle of a hail storm. That was not fun, but will definitely be a memory with me for life.

WTF?! Let it go now, and let's get back to CW Discussion...anything interesting going on?

My last visit didn't really show too much "interesting", just general park changes (e.g., fountains, some repainting, etc). I am looking forward to this year's Starlight Spectacular show. If last year's was any indication, it should be pretty darn good!

I also got stuck on the brake run on Skyrider for about 15 minutes. That was the most uncomfortable 15 minutes ever.

Went for a 2 day getaway to Toronto for the Paramore concert on Monday. Got to the park at 4pm Sunday to at least process our platinum passes. Oh how lovely it was to not have to wait! Only delay was due to the employee being unfamiliar with how to enter the platinums, reasonable being opening day and I bet not many people process them there. Will be visiting Cedar Point far more often so let's hope I don't lose it, since you can only replace them at park of issuance. To be fair though the park is about 2 hours away from Buffalo and the Point is just over 3. I swear the forecast read better than the actual weather. It really sucked....bad. Only got on the fly and Behemoth. Behemoth definitely racks my nerves with those restraints. So many enthusiasts love them but they make me hang on to the seat for dear life. I'm 6'4 and they just feel weird hitting mid upper thigh, my butt comes up and forward during airtime. It's just odd to me but probably normal since my 5'7 fiancé says its like that for her too. Leviathan was down, no sign up front. I thought because of wind but when we left an hour later I seen that it vallied. Bummer! Haven't rode it yet and was looking forward to it. I really enjoy this park mainly for the waterpark so will be back anyways. Also, too tall or flight deck for whatever reason since I fit just fine on Mind Eraser at Darien Lake. Probably for the better though right?! Those SLC's Sorry about lack of paragraphs, on an iPad.

• 3 weeks later...

I had my second trip to the park today. It was pretty quiet in the queues. Ride attendants were great, hats off to Leviathan and Windseeker especially. With such a quiet day in the park, there's not much else to comment on other than things that changed since my last visit in May. Those notes are with the pictures.

Also, my trip video is up if you want to see it:

IMG_20130604_093851.thumb.jpg.9f149419b528ffe06fafb110bc435f31.jpg

The floral flag is back.

IMG_20130604_111543.thumb.jpg.75b91fe8f554626e8ea876e0b88d2c08.jpg

The black jets we saw earlier got metal caps with a hole in the center, which makes a lot more sense now. Also, the new white pipes that lead from the bridge to the jets are now black to blend in with pool floor.

IMG_20130604_112324.thumb.jpg.ef6fcaf37dd33a62be4ac24b2b5d7613.jpg

Sledge Hammer was closed. There were guys working on it in the morning but it was abandoned by noon.

IMG_20130604_121557.thumb.jpg.7a9756ea89de4f7e1091d6714c661c27.jpg

Silver Streak looks very clean with the new support color, though I kind of prefer the black supports.

IMG_20130604_134625.thumb.jpg.f9db2c1777adfce51ce7c1e5e9756dca.jpg

When I visited early May, it was just the top of the lift hill that had any new paint on the rails. Now the entire circuit has been painted. It doesn't look finished though.

Idk if anybody's thought of this for an idea for the next coaster, but how about a re-hab/re-build of the Wild beast by RMC? The ride seems to have great airtime, but sadly, it's nearly un-rideable due to the roughness. It would be great to see it get a rehab from RMC, which might not be too unlikely as there is enough open space around the ride to make construction relatively easy (@ least easier than Minebuster, which is in the middle of the park & would require maneuvering around the Water Park). Would be sick to see "Iron Beast" as CW's next coaster, but idk if it'll ever happen.

Idk if anybody's thought of this for an idea for the next coaster, but how about a re-hab/re-build of the Wild beast by RMC? The ride seems to have great airtime, but sadly, it's nearly un-rideable due to the roughness. It would be great to see it get a rehab from RMC, which might not be too unlikely as there is enough open space around the ride to make construction relatively easy (@ least easier than Minebuster, which is in the middle of the park & would require maneuvering around the Water Park). Would be sick to see "Iron Beast" as CW's next coaster, but idk if it'll ever happen.

The thought has passed though my mind multiple times but from what I'm hearing, it is rumored to be either a B&m wing coaster or dive coaster back towards White Water Canyon. As for 'Iron Beast', it does sound cool but personally I think that RMC could do something better with Minebuster than Wild Beast.