TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Yes, those are the flags of the provinces in Canada. I think the exclusion of USA in the park comes from the original design of the park. They went with more exotic countries for the international themed areas, but still put an emphasis of being a Canadian attraction. I guess the red, white, and blue never made it past any drawing board.

Edited by asimowalk

When we were there for Leviathon Bash, my son and I managed everything in 6 hours without the fast lane and that was on a busy day. I would recommend working hard in the morning to get around so you can use the fast lane for re-rides in the afternoon. Definitely doable.

^ I agree. I was there this weekend and we did most of the park without FastLane on a very crowded day by getting there early - they opened gates at 9:20ish for International Street. We waited for rope drop/walk back to Leviathan (10am). WE got right on (by the time we got off the queue was full) and looped our way around the park finishing the park shortly after 1.

On a different note... is Behemoth running bad as of late? I set the bar quite high for it and my first ride (middle of train) it was very rough (I thought it was similar in roughness to Silver Star at Europa) and barely any airtime. Second time towards the back it was smoother but still not as great of airtime as some of the other B&M hypers. I thought maybe I was being overly critical but my non-enthusiast friends got off after the first ride and said "never again - that was really rough!" Maybe we just had sat over a bad axl - I wasn't expecting Nitro or Goliath (SFoG) but at-least thought it would be better than Diamondback or Intimidator.

Behemoth rough, really? I was on it not even a week and a half ago (front seats 3/5 rides, 2nd row once, 2/3 of the way back once) and thought it was perfectly smooth, and definitely a great coaster; maybe not quite as good as Nitro, but still one I'd love to get back on any time I get the chance.

I was there last week. Very busy, I'd have bought a Fastlane for my Fastane if I could have. Managed to get all the credits bar the kiddy coaster.

Thought the park was very nice, clean, helpful staff.

Coasters were a bit of a mixed bag, but a really good selection. Plus lots of flats. Only criticism is standard Cedar Fair stuff really, stacking, spieling and seat belts. Too much of all 3! I'll certainly revisit the park though.

Vortex was a very pleasant surprise for me, no idea it would be this much fun.

Leviathan had the best ops in the park and that staff were great. Front seat ride and certainly my favorite B&M coaster over 300 ft tall.

I was there last week. Very busy, I'd have bought a Fastlane for my Fastane if I could have. Managed to get all the credits bar the kiddy coaster.

Thought the park was very nice, clean, helpful staff.

Coasters were a bit of a mixed bag, but a really good selection. Plus lots of flats. Only criticism is standard Cedar Fair stuff really, stacking, spieling and seat belts. Too much of all 3! I'll certainly revisit the park though.

Vortex was a very pleasant surprise for me, no idea it would be this much fun.

Leviathan had the best ops in the park and that staff were great. Front seat ride and certainly my favorite B&M coaster over 300 ft tall.

If you went to Guest Relations and told them, They would've given you a paper to ride Taxi Jam without needing a Kid.

It's the only B&M coaster over 300 feet tall. Instant win!

I know some here have mentioned the vibrations/rattle felt on Behemoth (also Diamondback and Carowinds Intimidator) and here's the issue:

Behemoth's wheel/bogie assemblies are not rigid. There is a metalastic bushing between the wheel assembly and the bogie. It appears this metalastic bushing has reached the end of its lifespan and has become rigid and hard. This is what is causing the vibrations/rattle.

Now, the good news... The park plans on replacing this part during the off-season this year! Hopefully Behemoth will be running as good as new next spring when the park opens for the 2013 season!

Now, the good news... The park plans on replacing this part during the off-season this year! Hopefully Behemoth will be running as good as new next spring when the park opens for the 2013 season!

Thanks for the update! I know riding Leviathan then walking over and doing Behemoth myself and my non-coaster enthusiast friends really noticed a difference in terms of the rides being smooth... and after hearing everyone rave about the ride for the last few years I was taken aback by the rattle.