TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^AMEN!

I'm loving the trains, thank goodness we are back to 4 across trains. I always felt like those 7 trains should have 4 more seats per car. Looks like this will be a well loved ride by many for years to come... even if some find it "Slow."

BTW, MF looks like it crests the Magnum hill pretty slowly off the ride but on the ride it's spectacular... just food for thought.

Can we please stop posting the same on-ride video over and over? Apparently, it's not even accurate to what the actual experience will be when the ride opens.

Not to mention the one right there isn't even from CW, but one of the many copies of that video...

I'm still not sure if I'm going for a season pass, but it seems more likely with every update. I'm impressed with what they've done in the area. I realllllly hope that one day they will retheme Drop Tower when it's due for new paint.

Also, with the way they were talking about Starlight Spectacular, it seems as if it was meant to be a one-season attraction. I always thought it was to stay until it somehow got stale.

I'm guessing with the different colored trains...there won't be a menacing Leviathan on the Front of the trains??? There's still work so hopefully we will see something added...btw...the whole area looks great. The station looks good and the photo area looks fantastic. Where will the picture be taken during the ride?

Wow, missed a lot in here over the past while. Have to bump this up--those awesome videos plus the warm weather plus Leviathan Bash being announced = a great week so far!

^I bet they're going to look a little more menacing than they already are! It's so cool seeing the four across seating at Wonderland.

I was at the park today, and not sure if this was common already or not, but Leviathan has been running with human riders today. I've got video of one test run with what looks like a construction crew and an exec riding in the back row as well as a shot with them in the front row.

Gotta say, watching this beast run in person really helped with an worries I had about it. Should be a great ride and cannot wait to get on it myself.

I'll post the video tomorrow.

793232509_WonderlandSept25th2011.jpg.ae6c4d9b24f7906b4e8b2c822f8b01df.jpg

You can see the riders in the front row. I was going for an artsy shot...had I known riders were on it I would've gotten a better shot.

DSCN9760.thumb.JPG.dbb5776982df1e43fbe6c73e24822cc8.JPG

A shot of a train coming over the first airtime hill.

651741457_WonderlandSept25th2011.jpg.e8e8c8726f2b7ecb53ddb8db82001a97.jpg

I love how close you can get to this ride. Will be some AMAZING photo ops.

1480425264_WonderlandSept25th2011.jpg.5e5e9c66e2128c0209cdd7e69c27fbf5.jpg

Nice overview as the night sky falls over Leviathan.

^What time did you get there today? Would have been great to meet up with you! I was there between 3:30ish and 5:30. Got some amazing video. I didn't notice any human riders while I was taping. But maybe I'll go through all my footage again to see if I did catch it.

Wow, I hope the trims were on in those pics. If so, the ride will be AWESOME. If the trims were off and are going to be turned on, it may not be quite so awesome. As it is, with or without trims, it seems to be FLYING through the course and looks like it may actually deliver some ejector air.

I'll bet anyone $10 that the upchrage 3D movie being added is just the old Escape from Dino Island 3D.

I also find it kind of crazy you now have to pay for a ride that has been free since it's opening. I'd understand if one side was free and non-3D and the other was extra plus 3D. People might be more enticed to pay the extra $1 if it meant a shorter line.

You can hear when the brakes are "opened" or "closed" as they are pneumatically controlled. You just won't hear the typical "scraping" noise made by the B&M friction brakes as there won't be any physical contact between the train & braking system.