TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

and it's gonna get faster as it warms up and breaks in, i approve

Yes it will, when they replace the winter Nylon wheels with the true Poly ones. OH and for better measure, I wonder what configuration they will use for the "speed versus silencer wheels" You know the big thicker ones they put on. I've seen usually for the hyper trains (well nitro atleast} they put them on rows 2 and 8.

Only the single test run was conducted on Thursday evening. I stopped by the park for a while yesterday afternoon but no tests. Not sure if they'll be doing work over the weekends. Today is cool and damp, so definitely not ideal conditions. I'm hoping to get some better footage soon to share with everyone!

Just found out from a CWMania member that Leviathan was testing about an hour ago. So I guess they're going all weekend long!

WHOA! That was flying through the first turn and speed hill. And it's SO LOUD. I love it. Also, I really hope that the World's Tallest Brake Run is handled the way it is in that first run, AKA the horizontal portion not slowing the train down at all. I think that might even add an extra thrill to the ride, as the uninformed might think "Oh God why isn't it stopping yet???"

I like the roar of it.

The only problem is the air-time hills definitely look like floater as it goes over the top pretty slowly. It's just going to be like an over-sized hyper, nothing really special. Also, it looks like there's some force to that barrel roll turn.

^The first drop looks like it's going to take this ride to a level the hypers cannot reach, but yes it appears slow going over the airtime hills. I am impressed with how slow the chain appears to bring the train up the hill. I feel like that is going to create some real suspense and intimidate riders.

Since the ride is in the testing phase, I'm sure they will be trying several configurations of trim brake application. However, regardless of what the final configuration is, this looks like it will be an excellent ride and I can't wait to ride it in July. It will be fun to ride this and Behemoth back-to-back and decide how similar or different they actually are.

I think the train actually crests the airtime hills faster than most B&M hypers, but I could be wrong. It will also be sad to see how much slower it goes over the hills once those trims are tapping the train. However, I like the low to the ground track transitions with the drawn out bump between the big hills, and that first overbank. It looks like its gonna be pushing some good positive and negative forces.

But for its height, and the momentum the train has going into the final brakes, the ride is waaaay too short IMO.