TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

If these hills provide airtime:

I'm sure this will provide floater air as well:

But those do not provide airtime. Whatsoever.

-------------------------------------------------

I do agree, the hill does look really drown out, much more than normal B&M.

I think it might give a sensation similar to Goliath/Titan's Airtime-Hill.

I've had very mixed experiences on Millennium Force rides. When it's colder, there's no air. But getting some rides in during a hot day when it's running faster, you can definitely get some floater air on both hills. Sure, it's not the typical Intamin ejector air many of us love, but the gentle, floater air is there.

I think it might give a sensation similar to Goliath/Titan's Airtime-Hill.

If that's the case, I'll take it! Those hills are a major part of why I love those two rides.

I personally thought Millennium Force had a decent amount of airtime, certainly enough to keep it highly ranked in my book (along with several other aspects that also endear it to me). I realize it may be a matter of time or weather; I experienced this from morning to night on dry, hot days. At any rate, gentle airtime is perfectly fine by me.

After seeing the progress on Levi, I'm thinking that this might be more thrilling than I first imagined - I sure hope that I can eat my words from a few months ago, but we'll see.

Still don't get the "no-airtime" comparisons to Millenium though. Perhaps I'm a little weird, but every time I ride MF, I get two spots of nice airtime no matter where I sit. The smaller hill in the photo and the bunny-hop towards the end of the ride. I've been on Millenium about 50 times and those are still two of my favorite hills on a coaster. And yeah, I happen to like the first drop too!

Mill-pg-horizontal.jpg.0b980776905f288ff2b2e6a4f5b04c3d.jpg

Am I the only one that gets airtime here?

I've never gotten any airtime on Millennium's hill going onto the island. I've gotten some very minor air on the return hill.

The only spot on MF that I get decent airtime is the small hill by the station. Which oddly enough, Leviathan's speed hill after the first turn reminds me of, except at a higher speed. That hill on Leviathan is what I'm most curious about.

I think people get bent out of shape over Millennium Force because the transition is much more gradual. It's not going to throw you out of your seat, but the weightlessness is still there. And yes, there is less of this experience depending on weather, but it's just not the type of coaster with quick transitions. B&M, on the other hand, tend to incorporate very quick transitions (I refer to the transition from +g to -g) as is evident by Leviathan's first drop. You shouldn't really confuse this with airtime, because if there's one hyper coaster I experienced less airtime on than Millennium Force, it was Diamondback (I refer to sitting in the middle of the train, of course).

It's definitely LARGE. It's quite a walk going all the way from the front gate to the bus loop (near the bottom of the first drop). During our last construction tour, we were told the walkways & driveway/parking lot will be redone right around the supports for the large camelback hill (directly under the ride). So the potential is there to be walking or driving beneath this beast as trains whiz by!

A bit of both. The first drop area was completely dug up and dirt pushed out around it. Parts of the coaster have been built directly over the parking lot and will have driveways/walkways under neath it. The park hasn't officially announced any landscaping details yet.

New Leviathan update on the official page and Facebook page:

http://leviathan.canadaswonderland.com/public/latest/

The rising waters building has been moved to its new location:

Track installation should be completed by the end of next week. They've already started track alignment. Once that's complete, the clearance envelopment frame will go around the track (mainly to check tree/branch clearance ). Then testing can begin!

Those shots with the snow are surreal. They don't look real, but more like something fantastic in RCT or Nolimits.

Agreed. The snow and the sky blend with the track and supports incredibly! I am really looking forward to the completion of this ride. I am excited its almost time to see testing videos! (hopefully).