TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I actually really like the new site I like the fact that the website looks cleaner and I think looks a lot better. I don't really like the sparkly logo however. While there are a few glitches/typos (such as the Paramount cup) stated above I am sure they will fix it soon

I wonder how long fast lane at CW will last.

When Italian Job opened with a regular queue and a single rider line, people waiting in the regular queue kept complaining that it wasn't fair that other people got to ride faster and the park had to get rid of it.

I can see the same thing happening here.

If CW offers it, It'll be Cedar Fair giving it a go this time and they've had plenty of time to figure out the logistics. In CW's case, the Director of Operations, also in that position during Paramount days, mentioned at Behemoth Bash that the reason they didn't offer it earlier was because of logistics and not because it wasn't fair. No lives are being harmed with a quick queue option, it'll be available to all based on availability and not everyone desires it at every visit. It depends on the visitor type--out of towners there for one day vs Season Pass regulars just going to spend time at the park primarily.

Do I think it's not fair that I have to wait longer to check in at the airport or board a plane because elite points members, first class and business class members paid a ton more for their travel in a year? Nah, they actually paid for the privilege and we're all going to the same place.

Edited by rollin_n_coastin

It's a premium service for those of you who want it. People standing in regular line have every right to go and purchase the Fast Lane passes themselves as well, so it's not like anyone is being left out of this opportunity.

I say it's a good thing for the parks. Think of it this way, it's extra revenue in CW's/Cedar Fair's pockets which means the better chance at that money being spent on upkeep, new attractions, etc etc. If you are coming from out of town, which a lot of people will be doing this year for Leviathan, you are going to want to make sure you can get all your credits in on one day and the best way to do that is with the fast lane.

Would I do this being my home park? I don't know, I think may I would try it just once for sure and would probably use it should I have guests coming in from out of town that want to visit the park.

Good on CW and good on Cedar Fair! Keep up the good work of making CW one of the top tier parks out there!

I wonder how long fast lane at CW will last.

When Italian Job opened with a regular queue and a single rider line, people waiting in the regular queue kept complaining that it wasn't fair that other people got to ride faster and the park had to get rid of it.

I can see the same thing happening here.

I can see this really basic "fast pass" lasting a year or two. If this method is the same at CW than it is at KI than I think it won't be great. If guests can ride as many times as they want and lets say there are exactly 32 guests that get in line for the fast line on Behemoth imagine how much the regular line will be affected. I hope CW will realize how inefficient this is and change it. I am hoping for Lo Que with regulated entry times. While this is a step in the right direction I probably won't use it very often considering I am a season pass holder and visit around 10 times a year.

^^^&^^^^ EXACTLY!!!!

I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape over skip the line programs. It's no different than anything in our capitalistic society. You pay more, you get more. There is no issue here!

I can't WAIT to use this system on our TPR Trip this summer and get it for all of our trip participants! The only thing that could be better is if LoQ takes it over!

I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape over skip the line programs.

Because they can't afford it, so the only argument they can find while they stand in a longer is that "it's not fair?"

If you would rather stand in hours worth of lines, and save money, that's your CHOICE. Personally, I'll easily drop $50 to not stand in hours and hours worth of lines when I could be RIDING instead of waiting. People who don't understand this concept, IMO are completely stupid.

We will absolutely be using this on our TPR trip, and we will be encouraging as many people as possible to use this system. Parks that do NOT have a virtual queue or 'skip the line' system in place, IMO, are living in the past. There is so much money to be made out of a system like this, it's an insanely great value, and now that "Fast Pass" has been around sine 1999, there should be no reason for people to be surprised or complaining that people are passing them up in a line. If you haven't been exposed to a system like this, you're living under a rock.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

While I rarely buy Quick Queue at BGW, my home park, I tend to go there on days when I know I won't need it; however, if I'm there with out-of-state friends at, say, Howl-o-Scream on a Saturday, I always recommend buying it.

If I'm visiting a park that I know I probably be visiting again for some time, I uaually go for a skip-the-line pass if it's offered.

On the NorthEast Trip we used systems at La Ronde, Six Flags New England and Great Escape, I will never not purchase one on a busy day at a park. I had only used a system before back in 2009 at BGW. Glad to see this park is getting Fast Lane.

For those that in all fairness aren't able to afford the add-on, just think of it being kept as an add-on as a great thing, unlike the Disney method where it is included in your admission. This way helps keep the general admission options more affordable for those that may not otherwise be able to visit the park.

While I rarely buy Quick Queue at BGW, my home park, I tend to go there on days when I know I won't need it

THIS!!!

This is what I don't understand about when local theme park enthusiasts complain about a system like Fast Lane being unfair...

WHAT ARE YOU DOING AT YOUR LOCAL PARK AT A BUSY DAY IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?!?

Seriously, be smart...like Chuck. Visit your local parks when you know they aren't insanely packed with people.

We lived right next door to Six Flags Magic Mountain for YEARS while they either had Flash Pass tickets or Q-Bots. We never would bother buying them because we knew not to go to the park when it was insanely busy. I can't imagine why anyone would go to their local park and stand in line two hours for anything.

--Robb

If you would rather stand in hours worth of lines, and save money, that's your CHOICE. Personally, I'll easily drop $50 to not stand in hours and hours worth of lines when I could be RIDING instead of waiting. People who don't understand this concept, IMO are completely stupid.

Exactly!

At the end of the day people, this is a company. A company which needs to make money and what better way to make money then the offer of being able to skip a line!

Either stand in the line and wait or bust open your piggy bank and buy a Q-Bot/Fast Lane/etc and have some fun!

This makes me extremely happy. I don't always go to Wonderland on non busy days due to either work schedules or friends. The option to get this makes going to the park that much easier on everyone. It's about damned time CF joined the 21st century and has a fast pass type system (apart from the wtf-style ink blobs they had at CP).

While I rarely buy Quick Queue at BGW, my home park, I tend to go there on days when I know I won't need it

THIS!!!

This is what I don't understand about when local theme park enthusiasts complain about a system like Fast Lane being unfair...

WHAT ARE YOU DOING AT YOUR LOCAL PARK AT A BUSY DAY IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?!?

Seriously, be smart...like Chuck. Visit your local parks when you know they aren't insanely packed with people.

We lived right next door to Six Flags Magic Mountain for YEARS while they either had Flash Pass tickets or Q-Bots. We never would bother buying them because we knew not to go to the park when it was insanely busy. I can't imagine why anyone would go to their local park and stand in line two hours for anything.

If you spend a lot of time at a single park, you also can figure out the flow of people, and know what rides will be busy and when they are at their worst. I can always have a great day at Hershey even when crowds are at their worst, because it's easy to skip out the busiest rides knowing you will be back another day. That plus side of being a season pass holder, you're only limited by your time and desire to go to park.

But if I'm spending one or two days at a place like Busch Gardens, and it will tend to be on a busy weekend, you need to maximize what you can do in much much shorter span of time. That's why I'll gladly pay for something like Quick Queue, it generally changes the tone of the experience and makes it far more relaxing, especially when you do mostly as you please, rather than worrying about budgeting time, or just the stress of a hot summer day in a long line of people.

New site looks good. Have noticed they are promoting Fast Lane on Knotts new site.

Does anyone know if Fast Lane is coming to CW this season?

Yes, CW will have Fast Lane this coming season: http://www.canadaswonderland.com/group-sales/corporate-sales#71F30868-155D-F53F-0EC5B4F6D53815B8

This is great news. More info from Quick Tips - you'll be able to buy them online in advance. http://www.canadaswonderland.com/plan-a-visit/quick-tips

Make the most of your visit!

Speed to the front of the line of the park's most popular attractions with Fast Lane. Limited waiting. Unlimited access. A limited number of Fast Lane passes are available each day. We recommend that you get your Fast Lane passes in advance online. To use your Fast Lane pass, look for the Fast Lane sign near the entrance / exits of an attraction.

Someone on CWMania posted an excited event (for schools that register):

Learn all about Bolliger & Mabillard's first ever giga coaster - Leviathan on Friday, May 11th, 2012 as we host Leviathan Day at Canada's Wonderland. Engineers from B&M in Switzerland will be at our park to host seminars on the construction, design and physics behind this roller coaster marvel.

http://www.canadaswonderland.com/group-sales/school-programs#720BADDE-155D-F53F-0E3467DC7E9B66BE

Someone on CWMania posted an excited event (for schools that register):

Learn all about Bolliger & Mabillard's first ever giga coaster - Leviathan on Friday, May 11th, 2012 as we host Leviathan Day at Canada's Wonderland. Engineers from B&M in Switzerland will be at our park to host seminars on the construction, design and physics behind this roller coaster marvel.

http://www.canadaswonderland.com/group-sales/school-programs#720BADDE-155D-F53F-0E3467DC7E9B66BE

Thats awesome! I wish they would do this publicly I would love to see B&M Engineers talk about Leviathan (and early access )

I am also glad the Fast Lane is confirmed.

I wonder if that has to do with the annual Math and Physics Day the park holds every year.

Last year I helped organize it since the park always asks the provincial body that overlooks engineering schools in Ontario to organize volunteers and judge the marble coaster contest. If it's on the same day, I may have to ask my friends organizing it this year for an invite.