TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I got some really "terriable" news. I was talking to a wonderland rep earlier today and they told me that the walkway to the top of the mountain will NEVER reopen to the public...even if Vortex and Thunder Run were to be removed. The reason is because of saftey concerns that Cedar Fair has with the way the walkway was built and that the inside of the mountain is now used as storage.

This really sucks as I was never able to climb the mountain and was hoping to do so one day. Looks like ill just have to get a private tour...

Anyway, if you still have any ideas to what would make canadas wonderland perfect, send them to themeparklover1@yahoo.ca (all names and emails will remain confidental) or simply post them in this forum. The last day for alll submission will be Janurary 5, 2012.

Here is a quick shot I took of the entire layout so far (as of Wednesday). I do have other pics that I took from the parking lot, and yes, security saw me and said nothing. But, just to not risk anything I will not post those pictures unless someone higher here at TPR gives me permission to do so.

DSCN8311.jpg.38cf1d646d3b0561c0b3b552b062349d.jpg

Edited by PCW_Nut

Some many not agree but that most recent picture looks like the B&M version of Millennium force with the over banked turn after the first drop and slight low to ground curve to the left coming out of it and then large air time hill into another huge over banked turn...

Trim brakes are used on nearly every B&M hyper I can think of... I really don't think it's cause for concern. I also think the Millie comparisons are a little bit of a stretch. There are a few similarities, but not enough to compare the two IMO.

Also, I'm starting to make my summer plans and I cannot believe how psyched I'm going to be walking into Canada's Wonderland for the first time and seeing this thing!

Trim brakes are used on nearly every B&M hyper I can think of... I really don't think it's cause for concern. I also think the Millie comparisons are a little bit of a stretch. There are a few similarities, but not enough to compare the two IMO.

I agree. It resembles other B&M hypers a lot more than it does Millennium Force. I also don't understand why there would be much cause for complaint with having 2 sets of trim brakes on this ride. Nitro has 2 as well and it's considered one of the greatest hypers out there. Not that they even effect the experience that much, which I'm thinking they wouldn't on this ride either. However, I did find that there were cases where they did, such as on Diamondback. We'll see what happens.

God that's beautiful. Even if it's just another tame B&M hyper style, it still looks great!

I'm torn, mostly because of that crazy brake run. Intamin has done some odd inclined brake runs, but B&M really took the cake here. They took the cake, sat on it, and then rubbed their cake-covered butt all over everything.

Didnt get to mention on here yet, few weeks back I went down to Dayton OH and on I-75 heading North as I was traveling south (obviously) I spotted 2 pieces of track heading via flat-bed to the park. Gorgeous color, very bright in person.