TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

They're magnetic trims. There's a pneumatic actuator that can slide one of the reactor plates back and forth to adjust braking force.

Image below shows the brake assembly plus pneumatic actuator directly below. The assembly shown in image is part of Intimidator's main brake and not a trim however B&M seems to have implemented this same design for a trim brake on Leviathan. Obviously fully loaded trains will get more braking force than an empty train.

This type of trim brake makes no physical contact with the train thus reducing wear and providing a smoother ride for the riders.

Source: Carowinds' Intimidator Site

^^It's taller than the Québécois B&M .

^^^Nexus, is the best thing ever! Much better at airports than land crossings but always a huge help. It's hard enough to convince people to get a passport let alone going through the Nexus application process though. Assuming the new border deal is implemented, it's supposed to be streamlined.

I'm so pleased with how quick construction is coming along. Looks like the hammerhead will be started by the weekend at this pace. I was told way back when the park was hoping to have most of the vertical construction completed by the end of December. Hopefully the weather holds out so it can be done by the end of January.

Seeing all that track near the front gate is so impressive. I can only imagine the statement Leviathan will make once the layout is complete. It's going to be amazing watching B&M trains fly overhead by the front gate.

I will be creating an article on what you (the public) think will make Canada's Wonderland a perfect amusement park. If you have any thoughts please send them to: themeparklover1@yahoo.ca. I will try to include as many of your thoughts as possible. ***All names and emails WILL REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL.***

*The email above is only for things related to this article*