TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Either Intimidator or Silver Star, both of which as stated above are B&M Hyper-Trimmers .

I've heard Behemoth is even more so , though having ridden Intimidator MANY times, I can safely say the trims aren't always firing s they are "Train selective" when it comes to weight, and also in more cases they are on forced on by maintenance in stormy or rain conditions I would believe. You get a good 3 click ride with No trims and doing Pufferfish's "Cannon ball" Its insane.

So far having ridden Goliath at both La Ronde , Goliath at SFOG, Nitro at SFGADV, Apollo's Chariot at BGW,Intimidator at Carowinds and DiamondBack at KI. I find them to be very good and very much different experiences. They MAY be of simular design (not so much Apollo) hey DO provide different experiences.

s

Um...all the hypers? They're all basically the same.

That's a bit harsh on Raging Bull. B&M do seem to like their O&B but they are almost all well respected if not well loved rides so it clearly works for them. Now I just have to get out there and ride one of them :S

I honestly never count Raging Bull, solely because it was a one-time thing. Now they found their mold, and they haven't put out a truly unique one since. They're starting to throw in unique elements though, like on Shambhala.

Either Intimidator or Silver Star, both of which as stated above are B&M Hyper-Trimmers .

I've heard Behemoth is even more so

I dunno, every time I've ridden Behemoth it's usually only the first trim that does anything. And it's not really enough to even feel it, you can just hear it.

Very small update

A bunch of the supports all the way up to front gate have been put up, and the so called "barrel roll" lol was added on a little bit. Kind of a pointless update but meh... I would have taken more pictures but security was parked right next to me and it was just a little awkward lol.

IMG_0126.thumb.JPG.c68ab3ab147f5472ed94cc96dc553dac.JPG

IMG_0124.thumb.JPG.e78339bd3b61a32fe56932504058f6ee.JPG

The barrel roll is basically a half overbank. Instead of doing it like MF, it breaks at the second half and just goes straight. Seems like it'll be a mean element with lots of force! I really hope this B&M offers an experience different from the others. Thanks for the pictures!

Nice pictures. The first picture of the 'barrel roll' progress really shows off the scale of this project. There was a lot of excitement with the completion of the lift, but I think that excitement will run up to the incredibly long brake run... at least for us locals.

Is security allowing people to come into the parking lot to take pictures? I'm sure with the coaster being in plain view that people coming in for a closer look was expected so I'm curious to hear if they're turning an eye this time. I remember with Behemoth, the park was asking people not to come onto the property, specifically Canada's Wonderland Drive.

Although this manoeuver may NOT be as forceful (but you never can tell, with the speed this will be negociated at) and less of a surprise, it makes me think of one of my favourite elements ever on a non looping coaster: Dutch Goliath's Stengel dive (why didn't they build another one of the same scale ?). Probably it won't have the "snap" I liked on Golie, but it reminds me of that more than MF's first overbank.

Is security allowing people to come into the parking lot to take pictures? I'm sure with the coaster being in plain view that people coming in for a closer look was expected so I'm curious to hear if they're turning an eye this time. I remember with Behemoth, the park was asking people not to come onto the property, specifically Canada's Wonderland Drive.

The whole lot is blocked off due to the parking lot being used as storage for local car dealships during the off season.

Since the ride is at the front of the park there is more then enough areas you can still walk and get good shots with a decent zoom. During the winter it may just make the small hill around the park that much more fun to climb but I am sure myself and others will be around to take pics of it.

You actually can drive into Canada's Wonderland through the employee entrance to take pictures. Security has seen me do it 3 times now and not stopped me or anything and been right there. Just do the employee entrance on Jane Street. Thats where I keep taking my pictures, in the employee lot from my car.

Just a few shots from today. Enjoy.

DSCN7466.jpg.b6d93820567bdd26c2ae8a86bf95030f.jpg

Overview of the site. The "barrel roll" is coming along quite nicely. Still looks like this element will be quite forcefull.

DSCN7468.jpg.007d748ea77bb41bf1229103b08f2821.jpg

Showing a bit more of the angle for the turn.

DSCN7470.jpg.99cdbe40c5d840521b12e96e391ce613.jpg

Track by the front gates waiting to placed in their future homes.

DSCN7477.thumb.jpg.85c471e6edb662812edc51f561540b4b.jpg

Loving how low this appears.

DSCN7479.jpg.891762599d30987fd302ef264d95aa66.jpg

Another angle showing what's been done so far. That's it for now.