TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

so far, it looks like a really big B&M. How many pictures of the drop can we take? lol

Um, why the f**k are you being so rude???? I'm honestly shocked that someone would be complaining after posting an awesome update like that.

Edited by robbalvey

Thanks everyone, glad you enjoyed it!

So the charity auction. As with Dinosaurs showing up briefly before being announced (maybe for testing?), it's not meant to be active yet as details are not yet fully finalized. Expect an announcement in the new year with that page going live and the auction most likely starting a week or two before opening day.

It was a very nice event back in 2008. It took place just before the park opened for season pass preview night, similar to is an ERT session. Of course we were able to bring a friend or family member and received some goodies and dinner at The Marketplace.

^^^That's very astute of you. To answer your question, the possibilities are endless. Just wait until we get started on the rest of the ride

Edited by rollin_n_coastin

I am really intrigued with what the themeing will end up being but how cool would some sort of Leviathan type statue / fountain be?

The theming will be called "Dinosaurs Alive!".

And everyone always says Cedar Fair doesn't theme!!! This is more extensive than even Disney!!!

Thanks for the update and braving the mud! The pictures of the lift give me a small amount of vertigo, I also love how there is no support at the apex of the lift hill making it seem that much taller and more precarious.

Does anyone know if those trees are staying?

^^Well, it did say that they would not remove any unless absolutely necessary. We'll see if those make it through the cut....(bada boom, cha...I'm here all night)

Anyone else really liking the original logo on the trains?

I'd prefer if it was the original restraints.

Minebuster was just never the same after the removal of the buzz bars, and re-profiling of the airtime hills.

So true, so true. Those hills were insane. Are the individual ratcheting safety bars and high seat backs really because of safety or pumped up to sell upgrades? Maybe it'll go back the other way one day.

And everyone always says Cedar Fair doesn't theme!!! This is more extensive than even Disney!!!

Let's not get too carried away The Taft parks had the right start from the beginning since they were built to specific themes. What kept CW consistent in look and feel is the number of long time staff that have been with the park since its early years, currently in leadership roles. The VP & GM has been with the park for about 30 years as an example. If they care about theming, landscaping and such, it could just be the way its always been done as a best practice. Most likely it's a combination of having Cedar Fair as an owner to innovate on the ride side and the park being successful enough to be able to spend on both rides and their surrounding environment.

Edited by rollin_n_coastin

That thing is gorgeous. Thanks for the pictures. I'll really have to get to Canada sometime soon to ride that. I still can't get over how thick the spine is on that drop track. I wonder if they'll be using the standard 4-across trains like on Nitro or if they'll spruce them up a little with any new features?

Since B&M is pushing their standards for size on this coaster, they wanted to go with their classic train design as they've been reliable in their previous installations. They'd like to avoid any "surprises" like the vibrations/rattling of the newer train designs used on Behemoth, Diamondback and Intimidator.

The more I look at it, the more I dislike the color of that first drop support beam.

Wouldn't it look better like this ?

But the beam is coming out of the thick track, so it should technically stay that same color. It would look really awkward with it being the color of the actual supports.

I actually like it better with it painted in the same color as the rest of the supports instead of the same color as the track.

Anyways Imo that is one ugly drop looks like something out of RCT, standing facing the drop it looks great but from other angles it looks very weird and RCTish imo.