TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^ Yes.

It looks great! I'm really looking forward to seeing the entire lift and drop complete. Hopefully, they'll add some creative lighting as they have been doing with their recent installations (Behemoth lift chaser lights, Windseeker lights, our elaborate Starlight Spectacular)

It's good to see that as this thing starts to take shape a lot of the negativity is disappearing.

Don't confuse confusion with negativity.

It should be a great ride. However the choice of building this ride at CW is a bit of a head scratcher, and will be debated for quite some time.

But at the end of the day, there's not much to complain about.

Honestly, I think the only reason why people are getting so worked up about is that it's being built by B&M. The layouts are completely different in my point of view, but just the fact that Leviathan and Behemoth have the same manufacturer is why there are so many complaints. Once it;s completed and opened, everyone will forget the similarities and will be blown away by the outcome.

^I guess it's a lot like CP with Millinium Force and Top Thrill Dragster. Like Behemoth and Levi, Milli and TTD are two skyscrapers built only 4 years apart by the same manufacturer at the same park... Although I do think Behemoth's and Leviathan's layouts have more similarities than Milli's and TTD's...

I guess my point is that this is not unprecedented for Cedar Fair, and I guess it isn't as odd as I first thought.

Honestly, I think the only reason why people are getting so worked up about is that it's being built by B&M. The layouts are completely different in my point of view, but just the fact that Leviathan and Behemoth have the same manufacturer is why there are so many complaints. Once it;s completed and opened, everyone will forget the similarities and will be blown away by the outcome.

I'll use Hershey as an example of a park with rides from the same company that share some similarities in terms of twistyness etc.

If you want the best way to differentiate Behemoth and Leviathan it's quite simple, and has been stated time and time again. Speed vs Airtime.

In terms of the decision to build at Wonderland? Meh, who cares where it's built. The fact of the matter is, if the coaster rides well then people will come and people will be happy. Could another park used something like this? Sure. Could wonderland use something like a master blaster waterslide like Mammoth? Sure. Fact of the matters are those rides are at those parks and that's that. Let's just be happy that this will pave the way for other B&M giga's around the world and a whole new era for B&M.

I know i'm probably changing the topic, but WHEN ON EARTH IS WONDERLAND GOING TO ANNOUNCE DINOSAURS ALIVE!!! We already know its true! There are small cranes in the aquarium area and already dinos have been spotted outside the maintenance buildings.

^ My guess is that marketing is still riding (pun intended) on Leviathan for the 2012 hype. They'll either come out with Dino Alive this Christmas for stocking-stuffer season pass sales or the spring sales. I'd lean more toward spring so that the local schools will be aware of it and they can book immediately.

On a clear day at the top of the lift hill, you'll be able to see Cedar Point.
NICE! best joke ever.

I was confused about why they were adding so many rides in a short ammount of time ala Six Flags, but Im guessing they are rewarding the park for almost surpassing them in annual capacity? Im not sure, but now that they have added three rides in a short period, what will they do now. Don't take this as an "Im ungreatful", beleive me, I am very happy (it gives me an excuse to go back to canada) I am just curious as to their next move. will it be maintaining the park as is, getting new trains for the arrows & vekomas, installing a bunch of flat rides? Im sure whatever they will do is awesome, and I am so glad i get to go to canada next year

^ I'd go with maintaining the park. At least for a couple years.

Maybe throw something back in splash works after removing the drop slides a few years back. Perhaps they can even work on yearly updates to Starlight Spectacular? I would love to see that show get more attention as it was quite amazing.

Either way, I think for at least the next couple years they can rest a little in terms of the thrill rides and focus on the rest of the park infrastructure.

So the last "supported" piece of track was installed today. I've read that the supports were attached to the track later this afternoon. I was able to get some pictures from the employee lot as I was meeting up with an employee at the park today.

Vaughan-20111111-00004.jpg.a3c0f0f84901799b032ff72d9ecd0135.jpg

Vaughan-20111111-00006.jpg.5e40b773db90807f1b8f82df86d1816d.jpg

Vaughan-20111111-00008.thumb.jpg.0af318ca6da101a7be6a3e03d4860b52.jpg

Vaughan-20111111-00009.thumb.jpg.9c93976b9ce7eecdcaa91825dd9d756f.jpg

Vaughan-20111111-00010.thumb.jpg.0a906dfcf04d0536aa0beba934c9940b.jpg

Vaughan-20111111-00011.jpg.bc9762bbaaa59ffb1ff2210a76b3c736.jpg

Vaughan-20111111-00012.thumb.jpg.338aa06837ed8427f591ea08dae9cd6f.jpg

Vaughan-20111111-00014.thumb.jpg.cdf2b7ef5c9d1f8b0f72b0b9512c7a66.jpg

Vaughan-20111111-00015.thumb.jpg.d4211ea97767c1362b223db1e99f17c9.jpg

Vaughan-20111111-00016.jpg.cb9d139ab74f17df35bc52d609c681de.jpg