TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I think those rumors that this coaster was originally supposed to go to Knott's are right. Just because the hammerhead may fit perfectly with the "tree island", doesn't mean it couldn't have gone to another park. That part of the coaster wouldn't have been built until later (not even today) in the year. CW an B&M could have easily made modifications to the part of the coaster.

I think those rumors that this coaster was originally supposed to go to Knott's are right. Just because the hammerhead may fit perfectly with the "tree island", doesn't mean it couldn't have gone to another park. That part of the coaster wouldn't have been built until later (not even today) in the year. CW an B&M could have easily made modifications to the part of the coaster.

I have nothing against Dom497's opinion, but here's a question that I want to know for those who side with Dom497: Why didn't they build in Knotts?

Thats what I was thinking too. After all, Screamscape does say that there is a Giga rumor for Knott's. The park could have changed their mind with leviathan and bought a new design. The original design (leviathan) could have been transferred to CW.

But we will never know for 100%

I'm still thinking that this coaster was destined for Canada's Wonderland all along. Even if some of the sections could fit at Knott's, or any other park for that matter, it just fits to perfectly at CW for me to believe it was designed for another park. I suppose it may have been intended for another CF park, and that when the decision was decided to move it, the design was changed as well, but it would take a long time to edit the design. So if it was intended for another park, the decision was made to move it a LONG time ago.

P.S. just because Screamscape reports the rumour of a 500' looping aquatrax dive machine, does not mean it is happening.

Why didn't they build in Knotts?

Plans for parks change all the time like Chang @ SFGAm, the dive machine at SFFT, the MTV coaster at CGA, the wooden coaster at CGA all the proposed rides for SFA, Demon Drop @ Knotts and so on. Sometimes it has to do with management changes, or permits, competition and sometimes they probably just decide something else would be a better fit. So, the ride very well could have been destined for Knotts originally, and then one of those factors or something else sent it to CW instead.

I find it interesting that B&M would opt for the chain to be returned through the track, the chain would then have to be longer and be heavier. Would that cause problems?

Only time would tell.

Don't think so, were only taling about a couple of extra feet here.

It's a bit more than just an extra couple of feet... An extra 76 feet in height equals over 150 feet of extra chain. I'd say that weight is a substantial sum.

I was thinking about the chain returning in the track as opposed to hanging under like Behemoth.

And I say that's just a couple of extra feet in length.

If the chain on the coaster would ever break... CW would just get a new one. If it happened a second time, they probably would put a new one on again. If a third time were to come around... I think it would be a good idea for CW to consider replacing the chain lift with a cable lift during the next off-season.

But in the end... lets hope that it doesn't even happen once.

Well there are a lot of factors that would weigh in to something like this, but I think the only significant difference would have to be the strength of the motor; just to move the extra length of the chain, because the train's gonna weigh the same if not less than a typical hyper (only 8 rows), and gravity isn't going to change the taller the ride gets, so the same force will get the train moving the same speed up the lift, just for a longer period of time. Also, you take into account the stress on each individual chain link, which would be the same as any other hyper (again, 8 car train), which means the Leviathan chain should break about as many times as any typical B&M hyper coaster.

Server Error

401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

My guess is they're probably just working on something with it.

...and if not????