TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

It's a great looking ride an better than NOTHING I suppose...

I don't think this ride is the biggest waste of millions of dollars, I think Behemoth was. If they knew that they were just going to build the same thing 70' taller three years later, why didn't they just build a a really massive 54 million dollar ride?

robbalvey wrote:

Quote this post if you think that TPR should come back to CW and do another Behemoth Bash next year! (Yes, with ERT on Leviathan!)

My family attended Behemoth bash and had a great time we rode Behemoth 25 times during ERT's. We would defiantly be there if at all possible for "leviathon"

Quote this post if you think that TPR should come back to CW and do another Behemoth Bash next year! (Yes, with ERT on Leviathan!)

I'd support one, although I most likely wouldn't be able to attend.

Leviathan looks like a great ride, but I'm wondering why, of all coaster types, a B&M Giga-coaster would be chosen. Behemoth has been CW's star attraction, and I'm sure it could've easily remained the park's main draw for years. It's a tall, fast, long, exciting roller coaster; it's a coaster enthusiasts dream! And Leviathan looks to be almost exactly like that. That's where my confusion lies.

A few years ago, Canada's Wonderland wanted a great ride to draw more people to the park. So they created Behemoth, a wonderful ride that continues to receive praise from coaster enthusiasts. But with Leviathan, it seems like they wanted to make something that was just taller for height's sake. Aside from the height and trains, I see 2 similar rides made by the same manufacturer (with many of the same parts and design characteristics) that both offer great height, speed, length, airtime, and excitement in a similar package with a similar experience. While the general public might not pay as much attention to the manufacturer of the ride as we coaster enthusiasts do, I'm sure they'd notice how similar the rides are in terms of overall experience. I wouldn't be surprised if that causes Behemoth's popularity to decrease a lot.

IMO, Cedar Point did a much better job with fitting Millennium Force into its coaster lineup. Magnum was 10 years old when CP began building MF, and it was designed to be a significantly different ride from the start. As a result, MF took the crown from Magnum as the parks biggest ride without really making it a much less important attraction. Magnum is still popular to this day, even with 2 coasters in the same park that are much taller.

I'm not complaining that the park will have 2 great B&Ms that are above 200ft in height. I'm just stating my confusion as to why a park would add a ride that is similar to one built only 4 years ago, with the only major difference differences being height and the trains... Although I do have to admit, it's nice to see those original B&M trains being used again.

Patrick 'I like B&M, but it wasn't the smartest move for CW to build 2 similar coasters in a short period of time' Carnahan

I think this ride will exceed expectations. 306' is tall as heck, and 92 mph is fast as heck. The Giga coaster class are crown jewels of the coaster world, and combining that kind of gravity power with the B&M experience should be unique, to say the least.

MF took the crown from Magnum as the parks biggest ride without really making it a much less important attraction. Magnum is still popular to this day, even with 2 coasters in the same park that are much taller.

TECHNICALLY Wicked Twister is also taller but it sucks and everyone forgets it's there. lol

yeah so I have concluded that cedar fair is definitely buggin'. what is this! another behemoth (argue all you want they are the same ride) (when I first saw the video I thought they were upgrading behemoth like a bizarro type thing and just making it bigger (a great idea)) in the same park! I think it would be much better to give this to a park without a ride like this or at least one without a B&M hyper like knott's or something. It's like have two B&M inverts with one being bigger than the other. What's the point!

I recall many complaints about I305, and now it's one of the best coasters in the world? Will this be any different? I hope not. It looks like a strange move, but I'm sure it'll all make sense when the first riders come back in the station.

yeah so I have concluded that cedar fair is definitely buggin'. what is this! another behemoth (argue all you want they are the same ride) (when I first saw the video I thought they were upgrading behemoth like a bizarro type thing and just making it bigger (a great idea)) in the same park! I think it would be much better to give this to a park without a ride like this or at least one without a B&M hyper like knott's or something. It's like have two B&M inverts with one being bigger than the other. What's the point!

Okay, I'm kind of annoyed at all this negativity about this new coaster.. Yeah I get it it's B & M and our last hyper was B & M, so what...... If this exact same layout came in 2012 but was Intamin no one would be making these negative comments about how poor of a decision it was on Cedar Fair.. Get over the fact that it's another B & M, it's not an upgrade nor is it unusual, It's a hyper and a giga coaster, not two hypers! The coaster is FANTASTIC, and features a slightlty taller lift hill and def a larger drop then I305 as ours goes slightly below ground level, has some close to ground elements, amazing hammerheads never seen before, and NO ONE on their facebook page has been complaining, all of the comments are like "OMG this looks so scary" or "amazing". Please get over the fact that it's not Intamin cause you woudn't be complaining if it was exactly the same ride but Intamin, youre just complaining cause it's B & M... Canada's Wonderland deserves this for their attendance and it's free advertising from all the major highways that surround this park!

For those of you who are trying to "fit" this ride into another CF park and say it was meant to go there, that's not really how it works. If you recall when CF contracted a GCI to be built at CGA there was a layout released. The coaster fell through and CF had to relocate the ride somewhere else. WOF got the ride but as we all know, Prowler has a different layout. If the ride was supposed to go to another park but fell through it would have just been a contracted B&M giga, not specifically Leviathan.

Regardless, while I agree it seems odd that the ride landed at CW, I have to admit it's a pretty awesome looking ride for what it is. If this had been announced at a park without a hyper style ride (KBF, CGA, MiA, SFStL, SFFT, SFDK, etc) then everyone would be raving. It does seem very similar to other B&M hypers, but I think it does do a few things different (those low to the ground hops instead of back-to-back hills that slowly get shorter). I'm still interested to see this thing go up, even if CW just built something similar.

Must. Get. Passport.

Ignoring the Behemoth in the room, Leviathan looks pretty awesome! It looks like the love child of Millennium Force and a B&M Hyper!

The name is great too, the way it parallels Behemoth (both biblical monsters). I only wish they'd taken the Leviathan name further. In the bible Leviathan is a dragon like sea creature with a long snake-like body. It's big, but it's not know for being large. They should have gone for a real record with this thing and produced a sit-down with 11 inversions (and not just a bunch of barrel rolls, that's cheating). Still, this is really great. I was planning to hit up Canada's Wonderland for the first time next summer, and now I have extra incentive!

It's a hard life, isn't it? Having two B&Ms in one place. I guess we'll just have to bite the bullet and go somewhere with a B&M Hyper and Giga in one place. Now, I know it's tough, but I know we can unite together and just go. Even if it's just for an hour. Canada has it hard. I feel for you guys.

Quoted for Accuracy.

But the thing I'm questioning is, out of everything CW could have spent $28 mil on, a 2nd mega coaster in a row was deemed the thing that would deliver the best return on investment?

For those of you who are trying to "fit" this ride into another CF park and say it was meant to go there, that's not really how it works. If you recall when CF contracted a GCI to be built at CGA there was a layout released. The coaster fell through and CF had to relocate the ride somewhere else. WOF got the ride but as we all know, Prowler has a different layout. If the ride was supposed to go to another park but fell through it would have just been a contracted B&M giga, not specifically Leviathan.

While that does make sense, and could very well be the case, keep in mind that wooden coasters (with the exception of Intamin Plug 'n' Plays) are all built on site. Steel coasters are built at the plant and shipped off to the park, which I'm assuming means manufacturing starts almost immediately after a deal is made to ensure that the track gets there on time.

I'll probably be attending a few TPR events for the first time next year. This one would definitely be up there on my list.

Although I'm in Belgium, if the Bash is included in a bigger trip like Bizarro Bash was "included" in NE and East Coast Bash was included in TRTCP, then, hell YESSSS ! I have to justify flying overseas but this is a good starting point for my next trip

I'll probably be attending a few TPR events for the first time next year. This one would definitely be up there on my list.

It'l Be Your First? Good, We can have our TPR Cherry's Popped Together (Not Meant In A Gross Way)