TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I know virtually nothing about the negotiation process a park and coaster company go through, but is it possible that CF basically ordered a hyper or giga for another park, made the decision to move it to CW, and then changed the layout? It seems unlikely but not unreasonable to me...

Making a change in the destination the ride is going to is very common, but any major changes to the design, not so much. Mainly because those designs take MONTHS to put together. If it's a chance of elevation for the station or something like that, it's not as big of a deal, but to totally re-design a ride for a different park at short notice, that isn't as common.

That's the strange part, the ride looks to be have been designed perfectly for Wonderland, with the hammerhead lining up at the grassy area in front of the main gate, and having it track the grass walkway to the park's main gate so well. At some point not that recently the decision to have the ride be at Wonderland must have been made, so it could be customized.

Like almost everyone else here I have mixed feelings about the ride.

Love the design, colour, and theme. The entrace to the park walkng under the ride will be amazing. Can't wait to ride it. If this ride was annouced instead of Behemoth would have been out of this world estatic. Finally, a coaster that at the time it was buildt was truly the special, the first B&M giga.

Suprised it is at Wonderland when we were in need of such a different ride after Behemoth.

Earlier in the thread there were complaints about Wonderland fans feeling they 'deserved' a great ride, like spoiled children.

I understood those complaints and agreed. Historically, having Wonderland as your home park was downtrodden and depressing.

Yes, you had great seasonal attendance, yes a great selection of rides, almost as many coasters are Magic Mountain and Cedar Point but save for Vortex 20 years ago we always got the cheapest rides possible. Famously we are the only park in the world with a regular hour plus line for a bommerang clone almost 25 years after it opened.

When it came to inverted coasters, King's Dominon got Volcano, CGA got a proper B&M, we got the cheap SLC.

Flying coaster time, our sister parks got Vekoma's, we got the travelling volaire.

Flight of Fears, amazing launched themed coasters - not for us.

XLC and Son of Besat - aggressive, painful, troubled, flat out ballsy rides, give us a generic wild mouse instead.

All we could do is brag about our collection of flat rides, we also made us feel like an also-ran.

So with Cedar Fair finally realizing our potential, we get two 25 million dollar plus coasters in a row. Nothing to complain about at all, but like everyone else can't help but wish it was a Dive Machine, a floorless or a proper flyer. Dominator would have been perfect at Wonderland.

Don't think the giga was the best way to spend the money, but certainly better than Paramount would have spent it.

Maybe one time we will learn about why the decision was made to out Behemoth - Behemoth, but I don't think it was done in the last six months, the decision had to be made earlier.

All we can do is hope that we continue to get rides of the same calibre in the future.

Other comments

Curious about why they didn't include a water brake or water element since Leviathan is the water monster, yet they put Behmoth the land moster near the water.

Also suprised they didn't make the ride just 15 feet longer to beat Dragon Mountain's 5,500 record for Canada's largest coaster.

Curious about why they didn't include a water brake or water element since Leviathan is the water monster, yet they put Behmoth the land moster near the water.

I have been wondering this myself. I love the name, hell I've used it many a time in RCT, but the placement of the two seems reversed.

Ok, for the record, I did NOT poop my pants. However, my stomach did not react well to my New Hampshire $5 footlong buffalo chicken sub and I had to Skyrush to the water closet before I Leviathaned in my shorts.

I just included coaster names so this topic would stay on topic.

FTW!!!

Whenever I have a $5 buffalo chicken sub I usually Peyton Manning my shorts, or have to take a huge Rascal Flatts.

I think most people are happy with the addition (I know I am), but it's that "weirdness" that's throwing everyone off. At any other park, I would have been "holy crap, that's awesome". But here, I'm all "that's cool...but wtf?".

Exactly. At any other park that DIDN'T just get a B&M hyper coaster as their last coaster, you wouldn't have questioned it, even at one of the CF parks who already have a Morgan hyper from 10 years ago, you wouldn't question it. But this...sure, it will be great for the park considering what they've gotten in the 10 years prior to Behemoth...it's just weird, that's all.

Thank you! Perfectly put. I want to think it was planned to be at Wonderland since the beginning, but you can't help but wonder... why this park, right after Behemoth?

Ahh well. It's going to be an awesome ride, I couldn't be more excited to get B&M's first giga, and it'll definitely alleviate a lot of the traffic from the Action Zone area and bring it over to Medieval Faire/International just for traffic heading to the new ride. It really was a good idea, good placing and balancing the traffic flow of the park, if you think about it that way. It also makes for an awesome "Welcome to Wonderland!" and the front gate!

I think most people are happy with the addition (I know I am), but it's that "weirdness" that's throwing everyone off. At any other park, I would have been "holy crap, that's awesome". But here, I'm all "that's cool...but wtf?".

Exactly. At any other park that DIDN'T just get a B&M hyper coaster as their last coaster, you wouldn't have questioned it, even at one of the CF parks who already have a Morgan hyper from 10 years ago, you wouldn't question it. But this...sure, it will be great for the park considering what they've gotten in the 10 years prior to Behemoth...it's just weird, that's all.

Thank you! Perfectly put. I want to think it was planned to be at Wonderland since the beginning, but you can't help but wonder... why this park, right after Behemoth?

Ahh well. It's going to be an awesome ride, I couldn't be more excited to get B&M's first giga

Thank you for understanding where I'm coming from. People seem to be very confused between people "complaining" about the ride, and just thinking how strange it is for really the first time in the amusement history for two rides that are so similar to be build back-to-back at the same park.

I don't really think I've seen anyone have major complaints about the ride itself.

But when you can't really draw a comparison to something like this happening...EVER...the discussion around it is 100% warranted.

Ok, for the record, I did NOT poop my pants. However, my stomach did not react well to my New Hampshire $5 footlong buffalo chicken sub and I had to Skyrush to the water closet before I Leviathaned in my shorts.

I just included coaster names so this topic would stay on topic.

Ugh. That disgusting thing shivered my timbers bad enough to have to unleash a thunderhawk at MIA. And of course the wife told me I was a moron for getting it.

Never again.

Thank you for understanding where I'm coming from. People seem to be very confused between people "complaining" about the ride, and just thinking how strange it is for really the first time in the amusement history for two rides that are so similar to be build back-to-back at the same park.

I don't really think I've seen anyone have major complaints about the ride itself.

But when you can't really draw a comparison to something like this happening...EVER...the discussion around it is 100% warranted.

I do agree, but I think that's where the weird factor comes in. My favorite type of ride is a "hyper coaster" style layout. Judging by the way the big yearly polls usually turn out, most enthusiasts agree, or at least those willing to join a poll.

I think most of us love the idea of a park having both of these types(styles?)of coasters, its just that the proximity of opening dates is weird. That said, is there any park out there with a hyper that we wouldn't like to also have a giga?