TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

What I don't get is how people rant and rave about how good Behemoth is, yet people are complaining about this ride, which is essentially Behemoth on steroids.

The coaster was announced. The coaster is being built. Quit complaining. They could be getting nothing for years like MIA. The decision is questionable, sure, but quit complaining about it.

Wonder how the trains will be (if it's be mentioned, I'm stupid).

The first turnaround looks sick, such heavy banking. A bit similar to Behemoth, yeah, but they'll still compliment each other well. That's why Leviathan doesn't have as many hills for airtime, and instead with gforce.

Leviathan looks like it will be a good addition to the park. Although it is a similar ride to Behemoth, I doubt most people will care. Besides, Behemoth looks like it is a series of airtime hills, while Leviathan looks like it has a lot more low-to-the-ground high-speed sections with a few airtime hills thrown in. I doubt the rides will be nearly identical like some people are saying, and I also don't think one will kill the other. Would something different be better for Canada's Wonderland? Probably, but this isn't a bad addition either. I'm just excited to see that B&M is joining the Giga Coaster market and I can't wait to see if more of these appear in the next few years (Knott's could really use one if they don't get an Intamin Mega or Giga this year).

What I don't get is how people rant and rave about how good Behemoth is, yet people are complaining about this ride, which is essentially Behemoth on steroids.

The coaster was announced. The coaster is being built. Quit complaining. They could be getting nothing for years like MIA. The decision is questionable, sure, but quit complaining about it.

If you read what is actually being posted, you would see that people aren't complaining about the ride itself. They are questioning the decision by the park. There is a big difference. I haven't seen one person post that this ride was going to be boring or really anything negative about it other than its similarities to Behemoth.

And seriously, the only really annoying thing in this thread today has been the people complaining about the "complainers". People have their opinion and are allowed to express it, that is what makes a good discussion.

I am just excited to see B&M finally go over 300ft.

Word.

That's what I'm talking about!

And for B&M fans to stop insisting B&M will 'never' go over 230 feet.

This is perhaps the best thing to come out of this ride being built!

Somehow someone is still gonna say that...or maybe not. People still have the "B&M will never build a launch coaster" tag line to blurt out.

Im ignoring the fact that its in a park with a similar coaster and rejoicing to the fact B&M took this step. It was said that they would never build a coaster of this height due to numerous reasons from the chain being to heavy, to the support structure couldn't hold to it just being too expensive but apparently those we all just lies or B&M's been busy profecting their infrastructure. Its apparent over the years the track has changed, while not drastic as in intamin and premier but in a way that we see the various thickness and withs. I've come to terms B&M and trims will forever go hand and hand lol but it looks like the first part of the ride til the first airtime hill will be no holds bar!

Who knows, maybe a launched coaster is in the works!

If you read what is actually being posted, you would see that people aren't complaining about the ride itself. They are questioning the decision by the park. There is a big difference. I haven't seen one person post that this ride was going to be boring or really anything negative about it other than its similarities to Behemoth.

+100000

As a resident of Michigan, I agree completely.

In my opinion, parks like MIA or CGA don't have the attendance for something of this magnitude. In reality, Canada's Wonderland got what it deserves. It may be similar to Behemoth, but is that necessarily a bad thing? Not in my opinion. I obviously have not rode it yet, so can't say for sure, but I think this will differ from Behemoth enough in terms of ride experience.

Ignoring the Behemoth-ness of this, what does everyone think about the ride itself?

Seriously, there is more bitching about people complaining than there is actual discussion about the ride itself. Can I just politely ask that if you're not going to discuss the actual ride, please just STFU? Thank you!

In my opinion, parks like MIA or CGA don't have the attendance for something of this magnitude. In reality, Canada's Wonderland got what it deserves. It may be similar to Behemoth, but is that necessarily a bad thing? Not in my opinion. I obviously have not rode it yet, so can't say for sure, but I think this will differ from Behemoth enough in terms of ride experience.

Ignoring the Behemoth-ness of this, what does everyone think about the ride itself?

Ok so KD should take a step backwards & add a B&M hyper....of course I want a B&M invert for the park as their next coaster.

As far as this ride goes it's about time to see B&M do something they swore they'd never attempt...funny how they're going back to their old style trains for this one though but after my two rides on Intimidator at carowinds I can say that I don't care much for their new style trains.

Whether MIA deserves one or not has nothing to do with my desire for them to get one, regardless of the unlikelihood.

As for the ride itself, I think it looks like a riot, but I am definitely not bored with B&M hyper coasters (perhaps because I've only ridden two? Most likely). I do really want to know how long the ascent to the top is going to take, could be pretty crazy.

I also think this coaster will be a big success. I think it's odd to have the...what, 100ft brake run? I don't know how high it is, but it does tower over Dragon Fire. It looks really really odd to me. But the ride looks great with the overbanked turns, the nice B&M floater air hills, and the low hills which should have some nice air. Maybe I should make this park a part of my bucket list.

Well, in order to see my mom's opinion on a park we would be going to and some of the rides there, I showed my mom the videos of both Behemoth and Leviathan. My mother can be considered part of the general public BUT she has still been to all of the parks i've been to. She doesn't ride the rides, but rather enjoys the ambiance of the park and stuff like that.

"Well, this one looks a lot faster and bigger but there is no helix. It looks kind of boring. The problem is it doesn't have stuff going on. Some of them have tunnels, and water splashing everywhere, and flashing lights. This one doesn't have any stuff going on." -Awesome mother

Maybe I should make this park a part of my bucket list.

Toronto is a really cool city to visit, CW or not. As an added incentive the legal drinking age is 19...

Once the ride is up and running, no one will be (or should be) questioning CF's decision. It's their $28 mil; let them spend it as they like.

I really dig Intamin rides, but I don't own a pick-up truck with a sticker of Calvin wearing their t-shirt while peeing on a B&M logo. I can't wait to see what this ride is going to be like. And it will be a huge success for CW...look how much chatter it's created here!

Toronto is a really cool city to visit, CW or not. As an added incentive the legal drinking age is 19...

And don't forget - it's Scott Pilgrim's home town! And if a B&M giga isn't your thing, you can take the Scott Pilgrim Toronto Tour: http://actsofminortreason.blogspot.com/2010/03/phototour-scott-pilgrim-age.html

With some elements on the Leviathan website like the banners that come down when you mouseover the menu, I'm really hoping for a nice grande entrance to the ride and some more medieval elements added to the area (to compensate for the modern shock of Drop Tower and Speedcity next to it).

You know what would be really good idea, and really inexpensive for the park? A giant plaque at the entrance of the ride telling a story between Behemoth and Leviathan. I can see why people are comparing the two, I am myself... But what's done is done, Wonderland should roll with the way the public is taking their announcement.

Another observation is that with the loss of the grassy area people typically use for picnicking, they should really make the picnic pavilion more noticeable and have signage around the front gate that points to it. And what's going to happen with the Canadian flag?

Edited by asimowalk

^From what kunpc1 posted earlier, this ride has been in planning since 2008 right around when they opened Behemoth. With it being in planning that long, I firmly believe this ride was always intended for Canada's Wonderland. Not to mention, the layout seems to fit in very nicely with Canada's Wonderland. I mean, if it was intended for a different park, do you think the station, lift hill, turn around in the island, run beside the courtyard and finally the supports all around Dragon Fire would fit as well as they did?

Also, not sure if anyone remembers, but back in 2007 there were rumours that Canada's Wonderland would be receiving something huge for 2012, but most were distracted by Behemoth.