TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^^^^ Compare that layout image, to this: http://intimidator.carowinds.com/public/ride/layout.cfm. Basically, the ride is a more badass verison of the very "blah" Intimidator down at Carowinds.

I totally agree with this - I've been on quite a few B&M Hypers now, almost back to back in the past 14 months - Silver Star, Apollo, Nitro, Goliath, Goliath, Intimidator, Diamondback, Hollywood Dream, etc, and Elissa is right, they all feel exactly the same.

And yes, I agree. Every hyper I have been on (Intimidator, Apollo's Chariot, Diamondback, ect.) feels the same and that's depending on if the trims on the airtime hills hit hard or not. Very fun enjoyable rides, but not thrilling at all. You can have a conversation with the person sitting next to you the whole time while on B&M hypers...

Edited by Intimidator305

Makes me wonder if this coaster was originally intended for Knott's and had to get moved.

My thoughts exactly.......

Everyone keeps commenting on Knotts as the original home, aside from the park needing a coaster like this, what are other hints that this was for Knotts?

Pure speculation as none of us are on Cedar Fair's Planning and Development team.

i find it strange that Canada's wonderland is getting another large coaster when they already have one and im even more surprised that they would choose the same company. but it doesnt matter because i am most likely going to get there in 2012 my current park lineup for th next four months months is:

Marineland (definitely)

Martins fantasy island (hopefully)

Darien lake (hopefully)

Michigans adventure (definitely)

cedar point (definitely)

Busch gardens williamsburg (hopefully)

universal studios (definitley)

Legoland florida (definitly)

Busch gardens tampa (hopefully)

^ Yeah, I have not been following CW, so seeing this on TPR's front page was a huge shocker. And yeah, my first thought was "...don't they already have Behemoth? What will this add to the park other than a 306' lift hill?"

Well either way, it definitely looks like something to check out, with it being B&M's first giga. We can only hope for a nice, forceful ride, but only time will tell.

I kept editing a post as I kept looking into this and by the time I posted it it was about 10 posts old. I hope it's okay if I just make a new post...

Anyway This ride may really have been meant for Dorney. We know they're having issues with height variances lately and they removed Laser a few years before putting anything in it's place... just throwing that out there.

Take a look at this view of Dorney.

I actually really like this - maybe public/county approval couldn't be achieved, and that's why they got sent the Invertigo while CW got Leviathan? After all, why does a park need an Inverigo, an impulse, and a B&M invert? Interesting...

Honestly I think this ride could be plopped down on the border of a lot of parks - now all that matters is that CW is the one actually getting it!

This looks like another impressive coaster in B&M's already impressive lineup.

However......I will agree with a lot of people in that watching the POV I was thinking nice place for a Mid-Course brake run, then saw it was the final brakes! It feels eerily short for the speed it must surely be carrying at the brakes.

This ride looks quite good in my opinion. I really liked Diamondback, Goliath, and Apollo's Chariot, and this seems to be a plus-sized version of all the best elements of these rides. Although definitely not as intense as the Intamin mega/giga coasters like I305, the grace of B&M megacoasters is a lot of fun. Although a little odd with Behemoth so recently, it looks like it will offer a slightly different ride experience and the different trains are honestly probably enough to differentiate the ride from behemoth in the general public's eyes. I'm excited to see this one rise. And for B&M fans to stop insisting B&M will 'never' go over 230 feet.

I will make it to CW next season to get on this! I agree it's kind of an odd choice with behemoth and all... But who cares! I'm just glad that there are two awesome B&M hypers that I'll have the opportunity to ride.

B&M will NEVER build over 310 feet.

At a Cedar Fair park!!!

I seriously sometimes wonder if they should split CP off to another company. I really feel like that park holds back the other parks in the chain sometimes!

When I got the e-mail with this announcement I thought it was TPR pulling a joke. "Why would you build 2 similar coasters by the same company within 4 years of each other?"

To the complainers and counter-complainers---I really don't think the ride itself is getting ripped (I'm sure it will be great fun) but the decision to build it at CW is a head-scratcher to me. Why not make it a record-breaking looper, inverted, or flyer?

I wonder if the hiccups I305 experienced last year influenced the decision to go with B&M.

I for one am VERY excited about Leviathan!! I love all of the B&M hypers - many of them are in my top ten - so how could I not be excited by a 300+ foot B&M? I guess I'm not too concerned whether it looks similar to something else, or was originally meant to go someplace else... to me, the bottom line is - this looks like it will be a GREAT ride!

I love the original name - very cool. (If this were in a Six Flags park, I'm sure there'd be some sort of Batman or Superman tie-in with the name and theming...) Nice color scheme too. And, looks like it will have a couple more drops than 305 and MF, which is what I always loved about the hypers in the first place - big drops and lots of 'em!

Already looking forward to returning to Canada next year...

Okay definitely shocked at this announcement. My first choice for this amount of $$ would have been a tatsu type flying coaster. 2nd choice would have been a maverick style. 3rd a Storm runner type launch coaster. 4th a hulk style or 5th a dive machine

Having said that I go to wonderland a lot and although behemoth is a good ride, I think this one has a more interesting layout personally. This reminds me a lot of millennium force, and who can go wrong with that in your park. This will really help with capacity in what is the busiest park I've ever been to.

Surprised but excited. Anyone who complains about a 300 ft monster coaster needs to look at other parks in the area (marine land, Darien lake) and see how lucky wonderland is to be getting these magnificent additions.