TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I don't think anyone is saying it'll the end of the world if it's similar to Behemoth. I'll be lined up riding it all season long next year! I'm ecstatic to be getting another great B&M addition to Wonderland. 6 years ago if you had asked me if I thought we'd ever get a B&M, my answer would be NEVER. Now we're getting a second one! I just hope we get a coaster that flips you upside down over the next few years

So it's not a problem when Holiday World announces a ride that already exists at the park but it's "end all be all" when Canada's Wonderland is rumored to do it? I'm so confused

You're obviously not a "water park person." As someone who IS a water park person, a family raft ride is very different from a tube slide. And having it be a LIM launched one is even more interesting.

Just like a regular tube slide and a family raft ride are different.

But this is also not the Holiday World thread, and your comparisons aren't even about a roller coaster, so really, I find your comment sort of pointless and off-topic.

--Robb

I don't think anyone is saying it'll the end of the world if it's similar to Behemoth.

It won't be the end of the world, BUT, it would, for example, make or break if we do another Bash event at the park next year. If this ride ends up being something really different and stand-out, you can bet that we will try to find a way to add CW to our "new hotness" trip and/or do a bash event. If it ends up being a "bigger Behemoth", I'm not sure I could justify holding an event there, even if it ends up being the tallest ride B&M has built to date.

^ Robb even if it's just a bigger Behemoth I still expect you and Elissa to come up for a visit to try it out!

I'm really hoping that this turns out to be something incredible so that I can hold it over the heads of all my British and American TPR friends.

I'm sure Robb and camera will be there soon enough at the behest of the park. Somebody has to film the new stuff, may as well get the best.

Nobody is complaining or saying it's going to be a bad ride, but come on, even the most Canadian B&M Fanboy types can agree that it would be cooler if it really has something special or different than Behemoth?!

It's going to be a giant B&M, it will be reliable, smooth, and a people eater. That's great for the park! I just can't help but think it would be a bit 'greater' if it was something a bit more different than what they already have.

BTW, have any of us thrown out the 'Aquatrax' word yet?!?! B&M MEGA AQUATRAX!!!!! There, it's been said!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH enough drama! Look at us were not Acers, so why are we fighting like them we need to stop with the drama and just focus on this great addition to roller coaster enthusiasts.

Leave it to the Canadians to try and be polite and make peace!!!

I love America's Hat!

FYI, everyone should watch Canadian Bacon...it has an amazing scene about Canadian politeness.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH enough drama! Look at us were not Acers, so why are we fighting like them we need to stop with the drama and just focus on this great addition to roller coaster enthusiasts.

Not every roller coaster that gets built is actually a "Great Addition", just like not every movie from a major film studio is a blockbuster. Someone want to tell me why Cars 2 hasn't made it's money back domestically yet?

I think it's totally reasonable and fair for people to have opinions, both positively and negative on this ride, especially based on what little we've seen so far.

Part of this hobby is about the speculation of new rides. We are really being no different then Twilight fans who waste a whole lot more internet bandwidth speculating about what Edward is going to do in his next crappy movie.

So when you look at it in that perspective, I think we're all doing pretty well...unless you're a coaster enthusiast, a Twilight fan, AND Canadian...then you might as well just go shoot yourself!

--Robb "What Elissa said!" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

Im calling it right now its going to be a 320 ft B&M Giga prototype that will splashdown into Edwards hair and it will be called Puff the Magic Dragon.

You mean Piff the Magic Dragon!! . Called it on CWMania but here it is again. Final prediction:

B&M prototype giga. 310-340 feet.

Splashdown in employee lot.

Will reach the front gate.

Also I just want to let you guys know the leaked track pic has been seen by 2500 unique eyes according to my cloudapp account. And rising! Glad to provide you guys with it!

Why is Wikipedia saying "CONFIRMED 403 foot Bolliger and Mabillard Prototype Giga Roller Coaster". Could this be true!?!?!?

No, it's Wikipedia.

edit: ahaha one of the Wikipedia admins semi-protected the article because people kept editing it with their "IT WILL BE TOTALY RAD YO 403242432 FEET" additions.

Edited by Zpoon

Why is Wikipedia saying "CONFIRMED 403 foot Bolliger and Mabillard Prototype Giga Roller Coaster". Could this be true!?!?!?

Yes, it's true. And it will also be the first coaster in the world to rip off your testicles and feed them to you via robotic arm.

Edited by robbalvey