TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Leaked image of Leviathan....

thumb_tracks.png

Hmmm....while I'd like to believe this is one of the press materials, there just isn't anything about this image that screams OMFG to me like some of the I-305 concept images did.

This looks more like something that someone threw together in No Limits, applied some photoshop filters to it, and then spread it around the internet saying it was "leaked." Perhaps if this is one of many images, but I can't imagine this would be "key art" for the ride.

Thoughts?

Edited by robbalvey

thumb_tracks.png

Hmmm....while I'd like to believe this is one of the press materials, there just isn't anything about this image that screams OMFG to me like some of the I-305 concept images did.

This looks more like something that someone threw together in No Limits, applied some photoshop filters to it, and then spread it around the internet saying it was "leaked."

Thoughts?

Straight out of CW website (before it got locked down). Proof? Part of the deafult.css file:

* { font-family: "Old Standard TT", "Palatino", "Georgia", serif; } 
body, html { height: 100%; }
body { background-color: #000; min-width: 900px; text-align: center; margin: 0; }
a img { border: 0 none; }
img { border: 0 none; }
/* img { behavior:	url("/_includes/images/pngbehavior.htc"); } */
a, a:visited, a:active, a:link { text-decoration: none; color: #00c4df; font-weight: bold; }
a:hover { text-decoration: underline; color: #008998; }
input, textarea { border: 1px solid #153F73; font: normal 12px/16px "Lucida Sans", "Lucida Grande", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; 
color: #000000; background-color: #FFFFFF; }
form { margin: 0; }
form input, form select, form option, form textarea, form img { z-index: 2000; position: relative; }
p { padding: 0; margin: 12px 0; }
h1 { padding: 0; margin: 20px 0; font-size: 34px; color: #153F73; font-weight: normal; }
h2 { padding: 0; margin: 30px 0 16px 0; clear: both; }
h3 { padding: 0; margin: 25px 0 5px 0; clear: both; }
h4 { padding: 0; margin: 20px 0 5px 0; clear: both;}
h5 { padding: 0; margin: 12px 0; clear: both; }
h6 { padding: 0; margin: 12px 0; clear: both; }

#background {top: 0px; left: 0px; min-height:790px; width:100%; position:fixed; z-index:2; -moz-user-select: none;}
#background #imgBackground {position:relative; left:0px; top:0px; z-index:-2; min-width: 1200px; width: 100%}

#background .fader {background: transparent url("[b]/_upload/images/site_backgrounds/park.png[/b]") no-repeat scroll center bottom; top: 0; bottom:0; left:0; position: absolute; width:100%; z-index:-1}
#background #footer { bottom:2px; position: absolute; width:100%; z-index:7; height: 80px; color: #fff; display: none; }
#footerContent { width: 900px; margin: 0 auto; }
#footerContent p { font-size: 18px; color: #c9b387; }

.fader { visibility: hidden; }
#imgBackground { display: block; }
#imgLightning { visibility: hidden; }
#imgTracks { visibility: hidden;}
#imgEyes { visibility: hidden;}
#imgLogo { visibility: hidden; margin-left: 40px; display: block; }

Pay notice to the bottom part (#imgTracks { visibility: hidden;})

The original address was Leviathan.CanadasWonderland.com/_upload/images/site_backgrounds/Tracks.png

thumb_tracks.png

This looks more like something that someone threw together in No Limits, applied some photoshop filters to it, and then spread it around the internet saying it was "leaked." Perhaps if this is one of many images, but I can't imagine this would be "key art" for the ride.

Thoughts?

If that's NoLimits, then they added a lot of custom 3d work on top of the photoshopping. The style looks really close to the custom animations Cedar Fair has used in the past to preview their new rides, including Behemoth and Diamondback. If I had to bet, I would say it's real.

Edited by orangeblue

The far left hill has no chain return after the drop. Assuming its the lift hill maybe it will be a launched lift hill to a massive airtime first drop.

Also, keep in mind that if this is supposed to be a site backdrop, then it's very possible they could have pulled certain elements out of the image to minimize it a bit. And remember that the source is 'concept art', which is never exactly like how something is going to look.

As awesome as this looks to be, I have to wonder about the decision making. CW is in much more need of a good looping coaster (an SLC and old Arrow don't count). A custom B&M flyer, a Maverick style Intamin, a wing-rider - all would make for a much more well-rounded coaster lineup for that park. Don't get me wrong, this looks like it could be incredible, I just don't understand the logic behind having two very similar rides at a park when they're lacking in pretty much every other coaster metric besides number of rides.

I know most of you on the board know my feelings on the 'newer' B&M's, but I REALLY hope something special gets announced tomorrow. If this is seriously just another B&M hyper with some extra feet and the old hyper trains...blah...

Start flaming me now!

The far left hill has no chain return after the drop. Assuming its the lift hill maybe it will be a launched lift hill to a massive airtime first drop.

I wouldn't look into it that closely, the chain return might have been omitted from the image. But I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of alternate lift style other than a chain.

Also, keep in mind that if this is supposed to be a site backdrop, then it's very possible they could have pulled certain elements out of the image to minimize it a bit. And remember that the source is 'concept art', which is never exactly like how something is going to look.

Exactly this. I would assume they wouldn't get into such details on concept art... this is why there is also no reason to assume or expect this coaster to run 2 trains simultaneously - obviously this isn't the exact track layout, but it does give a general idea.

I know most of you on the board know my feelings on the 'newer' B&M's, but I REALLY hope something special gets announced tomorrow. If this is seriously just another B&M hyper with some extra feet and the old hyper trains...blah...

Start flaming me now!

No, I totally agree. If this is just another, longer, taller, Behemoth, then that's stupid and makes no sense to build 4 years after their last B&M hyper. I am really hoping the announcement ends up being something more than that.

thumb_tracks.png

Thoughts?

IMO it's a little premature to judge based off of that picture, as that likely shows just a fraction of the ride, but I also have doubts that it'll be anything earth shattering like I305...and I also agree that it'd be pointless to build something that even comes close to resembling Behemoth. I'm thinking something in the vein of Raging Bull/Fujiyama maybe? Not 100% different, but different enough.

Regardless, it's nice to see B&M step outside of their comfort zone and try something they (alledgedly) claimed they would never do.

Edited by Josh Linn

It needs to be a VERY, VERY different layout from Behemoth, IMO. Otherwise they have two versions of the same ride. That would be like Busch Gardens building SheiKra, and then 4 years later building ANOTHER Dive Machine that's taller and has one more inversion. Why?

It needs to be a VERY, VERY different layout from Behemoth, IMO. Otherwise they have two versions of the same ride. That would be like Busch Gardens building SheiKra, and then 4 years later building ANOTHER Dive Machine that's taller and has one more inversion. Why?

Agreed. If it is very similar to Behemoth I can see almost every GP from Canada's Wonderland saying "It looks just like Behemoth blah blah blah". I am very excited for the announcement and can't wait until tomorrow!