TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^

Just beacause Krake is a mini Dive Machine it doesn't mean that it can't be a huge Dive Machine with the same trains and track as Krake.

When that is said, i don't think that this will be a Dive Machine the track IS too small even though if it will be a "mini". I have ridden Krake and the track is not as small as "normal" B&M's certainly not as small as these pieces of track.

I think that this is a B&M Sitting Coaster. Now that would be sweet!

I don't know why people keep saying flying coaster -- It's never going to happen as long as Time Warp is there. CF would not waste their money on such a similar attraction in the same park that both market as the same thing.

I'm actually quite interested to see if this is another B&M with prototype trains. I'm really liking the relationship the park has with B&M now.

I don't know why people keep saying flying coaster -- It's never going to happen as long as Time Warp is there. CF would not waste their money on such a similar attraction in the same park that both market as the same thing.

I'm actually quite interested to see if this is another B&M with prototype trains. I'm really liking the relationship the park has with B&M now.

I don't know much about CF's buying patterns and whether or not this "never going to happen" thing is true, but I keep seeing people saying that... I personally think it's silly to say that we won't get a flyer so long as there's Time Warp at CW. Time Warp is a joke, and was a waste of money on Paramount's part, if you ask me (I think they should sell it and put something else there... anything... a flat ride or even a snack stand... or toilets). You never see the line even close to full, and it's certainly not one of those rides that people go "let's run to that one first!" when they enter the park. I think CW could still use a real flyer. And to say it's too "similar" is another thing you wouldn't catch me saying. Just take into consideration the footprint of this ride so far, and if it really is a B&M flyer... it would be completely different than Time Warp. It would be more like having a "thrill flyer" and a "family flyer".

Anyways, I'm not saying I think it's going to be a flyer. I don't know that I want to throw any official guesses out yet... but I just don't think we should say "never" to any option right now. It could be anything!

I'm just excited at all the potential possibilities!

I'm just trying to think in CF's shoes... How would you market a new flyer with Time Warp there?

Anyways, I'm still counting on a Wing Rider or some new prototype train design... So curious to find out what's so unique about it.

Edited by asimowalk

Is anyone else bummed that it is a Beemer? I really was hoping for Intamin...... Maybe I'll see redemption when they release the details.

I am..NOT!

Thats like saying, to me, the park already has a wooden coaster so why get another. I think a B&M flyer and that other flyer are as comparable as apples to oranges.

I will not look at Time Warp and call it a flying coaster. I call it a glorified carnival ride. A B&M Flyer vs a Volare? Not even on the same level.

I will not rule anything out until I see the announcement go up. Either way, another B&M? Sweet!!! I am excited.

It will be a clone of Starry Sky Ripper. It's the same color track.

I like the colors. As some have said - glad that it's not red or even yellow for that matter. I'll take a wild guess, and I'll be proven wrong soon enough, but say it's a floorless sit down instead of a dive machine or wing coaster.

I'm just trying to think in CF's shoes... How would you market a new flyer with Time Warp there?

Simple, "this time we built a good one!".

If it did end up being a big flyer the park wouldn't have a hard time advertising it. No one would look at the new addition and think "I don't think I'm going to go ride that awesome looking new ride, it's too similar to that crappy one I've already ridden".

Anyways, I'm still counting on a Wing Rider or some new prototype train design... So curious to find out what's so unique about it.

Well how would you market invertigo with voo-doo(yes I prefer it's original name) there & right next to it nonetheless?Obviously if CF feels that having three inverts in one park(dorney) will work then what's to stop them from doing the same at their other parks?(most notably KD adding a B&M invert in the future).

A floorless would do well for CWL as it'd be the first of it's kind in Canada & yes,the GP will eat it up if it's that as the crowds at KD still go crazy for Dominator.

Kind of bummed it's a B&M...However, what it is, it'll be a hit, and at the end of the day, that's what counts. That said, I do hope it's a floorless. Ever since I rode Dominator at Geauga Lake, I was hooked on the floorless concept.

I wish I could be bummed about a B&M at my home park.

I can't say I'm bummed one bit! With everything else our park has, we're LUCKY to get another B&M. Behemoth is one of the most air-filled hyper coasters I've ridden. If this next addition is as good as Behemoth, I'll be ecstatic.

What's to be bummed about having a ride that will open on time, not need to be modified/reconstructed, have little down-time and have great capacity (which Wonderland DESPERATELY needs!)?

I have love for Intamin as well... I think a lot of their coasters are AMAZING. Bizarro/Superman is crazy (minus the horrible new restraint system). I have lots of love for Millennium Force and their impulse coasters as well. Perhaps our next addition will vary the coaster brands in our park.

I just think for anyone to be disappointed before even know what type of B&M coaster this is going to be is a little premature.

With the flyer in China, the invert in France, and the supposed mega wing rider going to Dollywood, B&M really seems to be pushing the envelope again after so many years of basically mailing in every design. More than anything, I'm excited to see if this will signal a new direction for B&M moving forward.

I'm also going to go ahead and say this is a wing rider, as well. My reasoning remains rooted in the fact that the "floorless craze" is over in the U.S. (well, North America), and this track looks very similar to the track that's showing up at Dollywood.

Edited by Skycoastin Steve