TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Great pics Nick!

Now that we have confirmation that the colour of the track is aqua, I'm going to make a prediction that it's a B&M themed to "Barbie World".

Edited by Ian_D

Teal track with teal supports??? Madness!

I'm not sure if you've seen actual supports or not (so I could be wrong), but if you're referring to the pictures posted earlier in this thread, I'm pretty sure those are either transfer track supports, or more likely, the supports that stick to the track and hold up the catwalk. So it may not be an all teal coaster just yet.

Teal track with teal supports??? Madness!

I'm not sure if you've seen actual supports or not (so I could be wrong), but if you're referring to the pictures posted earlier in this thread, I'm pretty sure those are either transfer track supports, or more likely, the supports that stick to the track and hold up the catwalk. So it may not be an all teal coaster just yet.

There is the possibility that another support color will be incorporated (Just look at Diamondback), however since there is no evidence of that so far, I'm just assuming that it's an all teal coaster because of the supports on site. Nothing is certain so far.

Edited by Audio111

The supports may not necessarily be teal, so far all we have seen are presumably the I-Beam style station supports. The real supports maybe a different color. Also doesn't Diamondback have two different colors for the supports (tan and yellow)

Either way still excited to see what this turns out to be, I think America may be about to get more WingRiders then we can handle!

I find the color 'teal' to be the Vogue color this year for coasters... Look at SkyRush with it's teal supports, and now this thing for CW... Either way, congratulations to them, and it's good to see that Cedar Fair hasn't given up on B&M coasters.

Weren't the track pieces spotted for Dollywood teal-ish blue also?

Skyrush is more like a powder blue. What this coaster is looking like it will be is a B&M floorless or wing coaster.

If it's a floorless then the track we have so far would be stored rail side up,it may be an invert or flyer though what with CF adding two inverted shuttles to Dorney with invertigo's relocation...I so hope we get a B&M invert at KD in the future.

I find the color 'teal' to be the Vogue color this year for coasters... Look at SkyRush with it's teal supports, and now this thing for CW... Either way, congratulations to them, and it's good to see that Cedar Fair hasn't given up on B&M coasters.

Don't forget the repainted Invertigo going to Dorney!

So the track (or at least part of it) is teal, the I-beams on site are teal, and that one lone support column in some of the pictures is also teal. I can see it now - NEW at Canada's Wonderland - THE TEAL STREAK!

I wonder if it will be all teal, or just parts of it will be all teal. Perhaps the station and lift is completely teal, with another color for the supports on the rest of the ride. Or they pull a total RCT mindblast and make all the support teal, but the station and lift track a different color from the rest of the ride.

Why would Cedar Fair install an invert when CWL already has A Vekoma SLC? Kinda pointless if you ask me. (And don't give the La Ronde and Dorney have more than one invert arguement). It makes more sense for some type of sit down roller coaster to be built in the park. A floorless would complete CWL lineup.

^The track is teal while the supports are probably going to be more of a mid blue.

Exciting! Maybe we'll finally get that Footloose coaster that's been tossed around for the last decade.

^ That last picture looks like it would be mounted facing up, so maybe no to the flyer? I just think that piece would look odd mounted upside down if it was a flyer. But it can be hard to tell from one track piece.

Krake @ Heide Park also has the standard sized B&M track, so I wouldn't count out a dive machine just yet. However, I believe CW is leaning more toward a floorless looper after Cedar Fair's success with Dominator @ KD. I furthermore believe that whatever CW is getting next year, CP will get something similar in 2013.