TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^^Does it really matter? With Behemoth a B&M and if this is a giga it will more than likely be an Intamin they both offer different ride experiences even if they may appear to be similar ride styles. Intamin coasters are a bit more intense/aggressive compared to a B&M. However you look at it it's going to be a win/win situation at CW next year.

Giga really just defines the height - who's to say that this coaster won't be 300 ft tall and do something quite different than Behemoth... just saying.

There aren't many Coaster Components you can use (well) when going 90 mph. Just sayin.

Would you rather have 2 of the same coaster except 100 feet apart, or a Giga and say, a Dive Machine? or a Floorless? Or a Wingrider?

Personally, I have wanted a custom Giga for the park for over 10 years. With Paramount in charge it was NEVER going to happen. I have a low level of respect for what Paramount did with the park while they ran things. We have always needed a big coaster with a high capacity - and with Behemoth we did finally get that basic requirement. I would like to see them tear down Great Canadian though since the rides just a crusty old wooden version of Behemoth that has been in need of either love or demolition for a lot of years now.

Yes, I was hoping for more than what we got from Behemoth, and I get plenty of flack for it. I would NEVER say that Behemoth is a bad ride or anything like that - It's great! I was just hoping for something more than an out and back.

I have never been all that impressed with the Dive Machine coasters, but to be honest I have not been on any so I cannot say much. Floorless I think is a joke and would hope Wonderland would never waste it's money on one of these. We have wasted enough of our money on our collection of silly useless micro wanna-be coasters. Wingrider is something I would have liked to see instead for sure - though I am more interested in the launched Intamin version. Don't think B&M made a launched Wingrider as of yet. Actually, has B&M really launched all that much of anything ?

Edited by Brother Jay

Only The Incredible Hulk at UOS, but the friction wheels were made by a different company. Dive Machines are short but provide a load of airtime compared to Gigas (Comparing MF to Griffon). But thats just me. (Giga's are Hit or Misses)

Only The Incredible Hulk at UOS, but the friction wheels were made by a different company. Dive Machines are short but provide a load of airtime compared to Gigas (Comparing MF to Griffon). But thats just me. (Giga's are Hit or Misses)

Which gigas are hit or miss? There are only three in the world. The two in North America are quite awesome, intense and memorable. They also offer a totally different experience compared to other megas and dive machines, agreed there. Therefore it would be a great addition if we are so lucky

Edited by rollin_n_coastin

Calm down everyone a giga coaster isn't even certain, I disagree with the outcome of a regular giga heading our way. I really think were in for a surprise on August 18! I feel this is a completely new Intamin or Mack design.

Curious as to where Mack comes into play? Blue Fire isn't known as a thrilling machine. All that's left are pointless e-motion coasters, good water coasters, good wild mice and powered stuff.

Agree that nothing is certain. Can't wait to see what this is going to be

Would you rather have 2 of the same coaster except 100 feet apart, or a Giga and say, a Dive Machine? or a Floorless? Or a Wingrider?

I'd rather have two good coasters 100 feet apart than only one good coaster.

Today construction moved into both the employee parking lot the regular lot. Employee lot has a large area fenced off - regular lot has markings that indicate a 'put fence here' zone as well. In the regular lot, the area to possibly be fenced holds approx 160 cars.

From all the pictures taken and provided I have thrown together an overhead so we can put things into perspective as they happen.

Feel free to point out any glaring errors or things missing and I will happily make the alterations.

Changes will be made as information becomes available via others photo's.

http://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/U0Sa5oQ7D5

Thanks to everyone for providing the regular flow of pics thus far. Keep it up!

Gigas are hit or misses when it comes to Airtime, Intensity, etc. Millennium Force front seat had absolutely zero airtime and very low intensity the first time I rode it. But when I rode it same place later in the day it was much better.

Gigas are hit or misses when it comes to Airtime, Intensity, etc. Millennium Force front seat had absolutely zero airtime and very low intensity the first time I rode it. But when I rode it same place later in the day it was much better.

Well, the first two giga coasters were built 11 years ago. Consider all that has changed and progressed over the years... In other words, check out I305.

I'm still kind of doubtful about the giga coaster. That straight line of footers through Dragon Fire screams launch track to me. Considering our only launch coaster is Backlot, I wouldn't mind it if this were the case.

Or I could just be looking at this the wrong way and that's just the brake run.

Well Giga just means 300 ft to 400 ft, so there are a lot of in betweens. But There arent many elements you can use when going 90 mph. It could possibly be a launched Giga, but it seems strange to do that if theyre not gonna try to beat out the records. cant wait till the 17th.

^^Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't CW's attendance better than any other CF park not named KBF last year. As a matter of fact, wasn't their attendance better than any park in North America that wasn't located in Central Florida or SoCal. ...So why not have a giga?

Well, the more important question is "WHY have a giga"?

Seriously, if it's attendance is already so high, and with very little competition in the surrounding area (unless you count Darien Lake, which is hardly competition for them), then why invest tens of millions of dollars on a major new coaster so soon after you've already just done so?

Hell, with very little major added for so many years, attendance remained one of the highest in North America. Then they just added a major new attraction to raise and maintain that attendance. How much would a new major attraction right now actually help the park, financially?

Sure, as an enthusiast, I'd totally agree that the park needs another great coaster. (Which would give it two!)

But if I were a shareholder, I'd question the use of so many of my funds for a park that's already performing very well.

If you were a shareholder, the first question you would ask is "What's the Return on Investment (ROI)" from adding a giga? Since the park's attendance is so strong, a 5% increase in attendance is significantly higher at CW than a smaller park with a lower attendance, yielding a stronger ROI. We'll find out on the 18th, but also keep in mind Gary Slade has said this ride will be an engineering marvel, so maybe this ride will have something the other 3 gigas world-wide don't have.