TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Missed Credits: Coasters you COULD have...

I missed out on DeJa Vu at SFMM 2 years ago because we couldn't find it. We took a right on that random mountain path (near Tatsu) and ended up near Ninja and Superman.

I missed out on the last year BORG was BORG at Carowinds. My sister hates Batwing so she refused to ride BORG.

I missed out on Storm Runner last May because it was never open when we headed towards the ride, but everytime we rode something else, we would see a train full of happy riders blasting through the ride.

I also missed out on Comet at Hershey because the line was very long and it didn't look worth the wait.

I missed out on Speed the ride in Vegas. It was just sooo hot outside and we stayed at the Circus Circus which has an indoor amusement park without the heat! lol Even though Speed was right across the street, and I could see it from my hotel room, we never went. I regret it because I heard its the best coaster in Vegas, and it might not be there much longer.

I think thats it... for now!

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when I was 10 years old, I went to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure, and I didn't ride The Incredible Hulk coaster or Dueling Dragons, 'cause I was scared back then. I'm so mad at myself today because they both look so awesome, and I'm not going back until next year and I can't wait!

I forgot about a few fair coasters (a mouse in Germany, and three at the Del Mar Fair), and Cyclone at Williams Grove. I got there a little after the park closed for the day, and now it's SBNO. However, I've also heard that it was the definition of rickety.

Kingda Ka in June...it looked nice sitting there though

Grizzley at CGA...legs were too long

Windjammer...prior to working at KBF in 2006, I had only been in 1994 and 2004.

Flashback at SFMM...was never open when I went

Rocket Rods. Got the credit, but was too young to really remember it.

Dania Beach Hurricane b/c I didn't have enough money to go with the camp I was at (I was 12).

Volcano b/c it was closed (when is it not?)

and for some reason I didn't go on Vortex at Carowinds. I seriously don't even remember seeing it there. I feel like I'm missing a part of me.

I'll never live this one down. Back in 1995 or 1996, my gf and I were driving from Pittsburgh to Cedar Point. We stopped at SeaWorld of Ohio, which was beautiful and amazing. Now, we were into coasters, and we could see and hear Geauga Lake directly across the lake. But for some reason, we just didn't made it over there and continued to Sandusky. We kept making fun of the name "Geauga" because we'd never heard it pronounced before. In retrospect, I'm surprised my gf didn't want to go over there because she was into coasters and you would think that a lifelong Pittsburgher familiar with CP would also know Geauga, but no. In any case, I blew my chance. Fast forward 10 years later to when I got back into coasters and I learned the sordid tale of SeaWorld Ohio's sale and destruction and then saw the closing of Geauga Lake forever. Live and learn. Still grateful that I hit Astroworld in Houston that very same year.

-Martin

Superman Ultimate Escape/Steel Venom/Voodoo/Possessed. My only trip to GL was the 2007, the year after they removed it, and in my trip to Dorney last year, I had every coaster except this one. We were in the station and the VERY next train, but the ride broke down and never opened back up the rest of the day.

Because of this, Manta would end up being my 100th steel coaster. Had I ridden it, The Howler at HW would have been my 100th steel coaster. Funny how that works.

• 7 months later...

The Matterhorn: Tomorrowland side

Mulholland Madness

Xcelerator

Ninja (SFMM)

I have successfully acquired all the credits I initially missed in 2009. Now I only need some from 2008 and 2010.

Also, in 2010 I have only missed coasters that were actually closed, now that I am a dedicated credit collector. At the Disney parks I kind of had a similar idea in my head, but not quite strongly enough to actually commit to riding all the coasters.

Years ago, we were driving back from Vegas and stayed at Buffalo Bills. The next morning we had to leave early, and Desperado did not open until noon.

On my last trip to Vegas, I took a bus, so we did not stop at state line. I passed up the opportunity to ride Manhattan Express, because I figured that $14 was a little steep just to get beat up.

One credit that it looks like I will be missing this summer is Son of Beast.

My parents and I went to CGA on vacation in 1991. The park was very empty and my dad and I went on Demon, Grizzly and Vortex multiple times, probably at least 10 times each since there were no lines. I did not go on Greased Lightnin' since I viewed it as being exactly the same as Montezooma's Revenge and I only wanted to ride coasters which were different than the ones I had been riding on a regular basis at SFMM and KBF. I now regret missing a credit on a coaster which is no longer there at a park which I may never get to go to again. I did not go on Blue Streak on that visit either since I had no interest in riding a kiddie coaster.

When I was in Australia in 2000, I skipped going to Sea World and WB Movie World (I think that's the name) but did make it to Wonderland and Dreamworld. However, I didn't know about Luna Park in Melbourne and missed getting the coaster credit by one day! They were open on weekends, but the day I went the park was deserted and closed. Very sad for me!