TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Missed Credits: Coasters you COULD have...

I missed a couple when we went to TX with R&E back in 2004, including one that I will never get to ride.

Astroworld:

Texas Cyclone

Six Flags Over TX:

Batman

Titan

Also some up north that I plan to rectify next weekend:

SFDK:

Boomerang

Kong

CGA:

Vortex

Invertigo

Grizzly

Demon

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stormrunner- It always seems to break down when I'm near it! I'm not joking! It will be running fine the whole day but as soon as I get near it... "We are sorry, this ride is closed". My bad luck... Hopefully it will be open this trip on the 12th!

Sidewinder- I had already been on Tidal Wave down at OCMD and... That had been painful. Did not want to take chances on this one.

Fly the Great Nor'Easter- Was closed during my ENTIRE 3 day trip! It was open during 9pm-11pm on Saturday but I had been on the other side of the boardwalk at that time and did not know that it was open until 10:30! By then I was too tired to wait.

Sea Serpent- See Sidewinder, (I did learn later however that it is a non rough boomerang)

The Dark Knight (SFGAV)- Line=30minutes, and we had Nitro to ride.

Blackbeards Treasure Train- Closed

Road Runner Express- Closed and its a kiddy!

Kingda Ka- Hard to explain but the line was about 2 hours long, and we had better things to do. (Such as ride Nitro and marathon Scream Machine.... Not the smartest idea)

Thanks to the limited amount of time I had at Canada's wonderland, I only got in two coasters and few flat rides:

If I had more time, I could've rode:

The Bat

Fly

Dragon Fire

Back Lot Stunt Coaster

SkyRider

Thunder Run

Wild Beast

Vortex

So it was just two rides on Behemoth and one on Flight Deck as far as coasters go. Time Warp I wouldn't have gone on anyway. I vowed to make Manta my first flying coaster.

SHEIKRA! Yeah, I know... bad bad Lena. But as we were on the line, the sky just OPENED UP! Our group ended up leaving due to the already long day. I wanted to possibly wait it out, go on Montu again in the meantime... but everyone else wanted to leave. We were on the stairs just before loading.

SHEIKRA! Yeah, I know... bad bad Lena. But as we were on the line, the sky just OPENED UP! Our group ended up leaving due to the already long day. I wanted to possibly wait it out, go on Montu again in the meantime... but everyone else wanted to leave. We were on the stairs just before loading.

I know the feeling. I went to BGA with my friend once, and we were right by the gate where they sort you into a row. Then a thunderstorm came by, and they had to shut the ride down. My friend's mom called, and wanted us to leave the line....

Superman Ride of Steel at Six Flags America

It was closed for the week, and I went for 2 days.

Corkscrew, Gemini, and Wildcat, at Cedar Point

I Chose to ride Maverick 2 more times (it was worth it).

Speed The Ride

Didn't stop to ride it.

Starliner at Cypress Gardens... I've never been to Cypress Gardens, and always said I'd get there some day... well, now the amusement section is completely SBNO, so I won't get the chance... THAT is what procrastination gets you!!!... A coster which received a second chance and I missed it BOTH times!!!...

I've been to Six Flags over Georgia like 5 times and I've never ridden MindBender, once it was closed all day,another time I stood in line and it broke down,other times like during Frightfest I just didn't have that much time and opted for another coaster.

My biggest missed credit I wish I'd ridden was the Texas Cyclone. I was at Six Flags Astroworld during spring break back in about '93 or so with college buddies who weren't big amusement park lovers like me and I got them to ride most of the other rides but they wouldn't wait the hour to ride the Cyclone. It was pretty packed that day and I did make them wait an hour for Ultra Twister and managed a ride on Greezed Lightnin' too so at least I didn't miss out on those two.

The 'old' Space Mountain at Disneyland - scared

Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom - don't remember it, but I know I disn't ride it (scared)

Big Thunder Mountain at Magic Kingdom - don't remember it, but I know I didn't ride it (scared)

Barnstormer - didn't even know it existed, but I would have been scared

Incredible Hulk - don't remember it, but I know I didn't ride it (scared)

Dueling Dragons - don't remember it, but I know I didn't ride it (scared)

Flying Unicorn - didn't even know it existed, but I would have been scared

Revenge of the Mummy (USF) - wasn't built yet

Woody's Woodpecker Nuthouse - didn't even know it existed, but I would have been scared

Lightning Bolt (MGM) - don't remember it, but I know I didn't ride it (scared)

Psyclone (SFMM) - scared

Flashback (SFMM) - SBNO, but I would have been scared

Spider (Lagoon) - closed, probably wouldn't have ridden it anyway because of spinning

Exterminator (Kennywood) - skipped it because of spinning

Son of Beast (KI) - closed

Percy's Railway - too tall

18 missed credits.

My biggest missed credits (in the sense that I will never be able to ride them) would be:

* Flashback at SFMM (never bothered while it was open)

* XLR-8 at Astroworld (waited 2 hours for Ultratwister instead)

* Batman and Robin's Batman side at SFGAdv (chose Robin instead, didn't want to wait in line again)

Only real regret is driving right by an open/operating Dania Beach Hurricane on my way to a Yoko Ono retrospective in Miami.

// Shoot me now

I'm loading the clip right now. Two shots oughta do it. One for missing the DBH, and one for mentioning her.

We were in Fort Lauderdale for three days waiting to board a Trans-Atlantic cruise for our honeymoon. Talked about taking a bus to ride Dania Beach Hurricane, but never did it. Regrets. Who knows if we'll ever be back in Fort Lauderdale/Miami again or if DBH will still be standing.

Same trip, after the cruise: At Walibi World Holland, we skipped La Via Volta (Boomerang clone). Some regret, as we skipped it because it's just a boomerang clone and we've ridden enough of them. But we're probably not going to have an opportunity to get that credit again.

Also, El Condor was closed. But I don't think this topic is about credits you missed because of circumstances beyond your control. Rather, the crdits you willingly passed up, only to regret later.

-Mr. Bebe

When I was 6, I chickened out on the Scream Machine at Expo '86, aka Ninja at SFSL. I only rode Big Thunder when I hit the Magic Kingdom when I was 8, so I missed both Space mountain tracks. I also passed on the giant boomerang at SFDK after Tony Hawk had his way with my equilibrium.

Oh, and I didn't even know about Veggie Tales at Dollywood. I totally would have whored-out on that ride.

Various kiddie coasters (I either didn't bother, was too tall, or it was closed), the invertigo at King's Island (I didn't have enough time; I just barely made it on Vortex as-is), Windjammer, SFAW (I was reasonably close and didn't go), Montu (thunderstorms), one side of Gwazi (closed), Rye Playland (we were outside the parking lot a few hours before it opened, but didn't have time to stick around), and various other parks I've driven by but didn't go to.

• 2 weeks later...

my biggest coaster regret - well back in 1992, I had the chance to go to Elitch Gdns to ride Mr Twister...

but what did I do...

skip it and flew to CP to ride P*ss Streak! I think you folks would agree wrong decision big time. 2 years later it was gone and I never got to ride that incredible coaster.

If we're also counting coasters that you've simply seen (as opposed to actually visiting the park), then I have a couple more:

The Ripper--Thrill-Ville USA

Little Ripper--same

I think I used to consider the park too ghetto to visit...but I would gladly go now! Especially because they had a Spider and a Rock-o-Plane!

I hope the coasters and rides actually get resurrected at some point, rather than scrapped (which I fear may end up being the case).

I recently missed the Go-Gator at Flamingo Land because the ride operator was very mean and said I was too old . I also drove straight past Knoebels on the way to Dorney Park from Hershey, probably the stupidest thing I have ever done.