TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Missed Credits: Coasters you COULD have...

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is still running I feel that I still have a chance to ride. So with that in mind the only truly missed credit was the lazer at kennywood. At the time I thought why ride it. I had been on King Kobra at Kings Dominion and it was basically the same ride.

Dollywood - I've been to Pigeon Forge but never on a day they were open. Speaking of Pigeon Forge, that go kart place that had that small woodie "The Intimidator" or w/e it was called before being sold and all that, I missed out on that as it was still under construction when I went...

Disneyland - I was only a couple years old so I didn't get on any of the coasters, don't remember the trip at all actually.

I missed all the credits at Hershey except Coment, one side of Lightning Racer, and Storm Runner the first time I went since it was during an all night party thing for schools. They only had the front of the park open for a little while then the back later on and only some rides running. So until I came back a few years later I had a lot of missed credits.

SFOG - I missed Goliath by a month or so because I went during the park's opening weekend of its first year operating. I also missed Ninja because they were repainting it, and I missed Deja Vu since it was closed.

Carowinds - I skipped the kiddie credits there that adults can get - Scooby and Reptar

Heres a situation that I've had to deal with - being from the UK getting the chance to go to SFMM on a business trip I only had a certain amount of time I could commit to coaster riding. As I was a little pushed for time I had to pick either Tatsu or X or X2 as it is now. I went for Tatsu and must admit very pleased with myself. Now the big question - did I make the right call on picking Tatsu?

^If it was X2 and Tatsu, then you missed out, X I'm not quite sure about since the 1 time I had the opportunity to ride it, it broke down when I was 2 trains away from getting on

My cousin wouldnt let me attempt at getting the SFDK Roadrunner credit....and Percy's Railway just taunts me every time I go to SFMM

^If it was X2 and Tatsu, then you missed out, X I'm not quite sure about since the 1 time I had the opportunity to ride it, it broke down when I was 2 trains away from getting on

My cousin wouldnt let me attempt at getting the SFDK Roadrunner credit....and Percy's Railway just taunts me every time I go to SFMM

I missed X out as the queue said 2 hours plus - I'm not going to queue that long. Managed to fit in Tatsu front row which I was really pleased with. Would be happy to ride it all day long if I could - managed to catch most of the other main rides at SFMM but unfortunately missed my X credit. Should I be disappointed for not picking up the credit? Would you recommend giving Tatsu the miss for X2? Not sure when or if I'll get the chance to find out.

I wouldn't ride coasters until late 2006. So as far as missed credits go...

-Steel Phantom (prior to becoming Phantom's Revenge of course)

-All Hersheypark coasters except Fahrenheit, which was added two years after my visit

-Both Dutch Wonderland coasters

I'm not including the rest as I'll have them within two weeks thanks to my vacation.

Well, the first time I went to CP I was too scared to ride Wicked Twister because I saw the towers shaking in the wind (I wasn't an enthusiast then so I didn't know they were supposed to.) I have since gotten the credit though.

I also never got Head Spin or Steel Venom when I went to Geauga lake, Head Spin because I didn't feel like getting my brains blown out and Steel Venom because it was broken down.

My friend wanted us to do our annual trip early this past May because he didn't know when his summer job started, meaning we'd have to go somewhere other than Cedar Point (fine by me on that end). He ended up backing out with a week before the trip, Meaning the rest of us could've gone three weeks later if our hotel reservations weren't already made.

Due to that situation we missed out on:

-Storm Runner

-Rollersoaker

-Possessed

-Kingda Ka

-Bizzaro

Can't be too mad though, because I also took my first trip up to CP and Geagua Lake by chance the last year of the latter's existence.

went to magic mountain in the spring of 2007, rode everything except for

Riddlers Revenge- Line was to long

Tatsu- Line was to long & I never rode a flyer at that time and it looked like it could possibly make me sick. Also I missed Jet Stream, Tidal Wave & Log Jammer, but im not that big on water rides.

I missed RF3, a kiddie coaster.

Wild Cat, and some small kiddie coasters at CP.

I missed Black Hole and Beastie at Alton.

I missed one of the coasters at Legoland.

Thats it I think.

I missed Dragen at Tusenfryd because I forgot it was there.

I missed the indoor coaster at La Ronde because I didn't know it was there, and the map I had was in French so I had no idea.

I don't think I've ever deliberately not ridden a coaster at any park I've visited except the kiddies where you need to borrow a kid - though I did get the Taxi Jams at Kings Island and Carowinds (luckily there was someone in the TPR group short enough to ride with).

The Mattherhorn: Tomorrowland side: I don't think I knew there were two sides.

Mulholland Madness at DCA: I forgot it was a coaster ???

Klondike Gold Rusher at Wild Waves: It was closed for maintenance, and I decided to go anyway because I thought it would be closed for a while. Turns out it re-opened only 2 or 3 weeks later. I'm thinking of getting it at the end of the season.

Pole Position: Technically doesn't qualify since I wasn't actually at the carnival, but I did see it from the road on the way to Gilroy Gardens/SCBB and back again. I'm hoping to get the credit at the State Fair.

Also, I've missed some really small kiddie coasters because I was too lazy to see if there was a height maximum, etc. I.E. Roadrunner Express at SFDK and Taxi Jam at CGA. I absolutely do not pay any regard to those kinds of coasters because it's not worth my time worrying about them. (I understand those who are interested, though! I'm totally on the c.w. side of the fence; I just have some limits.)

I got one of my skipped credits this year though! I got Boomerang Coast-to-Coaster on my second visit to SFDK.

Although the I don't have any missed credits regrets, my only coaster regret is my last visit to Geagua Lake. I was there the friday night before the park closed for good.

Geauga was has their annual Oktoberfest weekend and I just happened to be on my way to Cedar Point when I talked a friend into making the stop.

The stop was his first visit and my first visit since 2001. We rode everything but Big Dipper. We waited in line for thirty minutes and then the clouds opened up.

After a few minutes of the down pour, we decided to hit to the parking lot as we still had to drive to the Point.

As we exited the parking lot, the rain stopped.

Three days later Dick K. announces the park's closing.

My regret is not getting one last memorable ride on Big Dipper. So close yet so far.

Decided to expand on this list:

Islands of Adventure

Dueling Dragons - Fire (lines)

Dueling Dragons - Ice (lines)

Pteranadon Flyers (lines)

Universal Studios Orlando

Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster (family didn't want to)

Cedar Point

Jr. Gemini (too tall)

Woodstock Express (not enough time)

Lakemont Park

Leap-the-dips (closed)

Six Flags Great Adventure

Runaway Mine Train (closed right before we got on)

Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train (no interest)

Road Runner Railway (no interest)

Six Flags over Texas

- Wild E. Coyote's Canyon Blaster (Not enough time)

- Tony Hawk's Big Spin (Don't want to get dizzy)

Cali Great America

- Psycho Mouse (Kept breaking down)

- Taxi Jam (Not enough time)

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

- Roadrunner Express (forgot all about it)

- Roar (Broken down)

- Tony Hawk's Big Spin (Don't want to get dizzy)

Adventuedome

Didn't get to ride either of them, I was only 8 and hated roller coasters.

All the kiddie coasters exept for the ones I rode when I was a child or rode recently with a child.

Boomerang at Knotts Berry Farm (didnt care about credits then)

Boomerang at SFDK (didn't care about credits back then)

Superman-The Escape at SFMM (close the 2 days I was there)

1 side of Colossus at SFMM(closed)

Gwazi-Lion (closed)

Superman-Ride of steel\Bizarro (closed; but got it a couple of weeks ago... 2 years after my initial trip to SFNE

Kingda Ka (closed)

A bunch of coasters at CW (didnt care about credits back then. Didnt ride the coasters that looked boring ex. Dragon Fire.)

Many coasters wore taken down the year before I visited the park or built\opened the year\months after.