TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Missed Credits: Coasters you COULD have...

Having just visited Great Escape on Monday, I guess I could've gotten on that kiddie coaster, too, but I'd say I made the better choice of not outright embarrassing myself.

Yeah it was pretty embarassing on Saturday. Since it had a longer line than the Comet, the operator was pairing up single riders. I was paired up with a little kid who didn't speak English. When the kid sat down and wouldn't move his lapbar to let me in, his dad basically had to serve as a translator between the ride op and his son.

Sad thing is I'd do it again to get the credit since I didn't actively have to search out a kid. I draw the line there.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't recall any coasters I regret missing. I love flat rides too, and there have been some flat rides I regretted missing:

X-Scream at Stratosphere

Scorpion (saw this once and only once in my life at a carnival 17 years ago, almost rode it):

Mondial Fighter (it was listed on the ride operator's website that it would be at the Tulsa State Fair, went there mainly for that ride, but it wasn't there! It's the only ride of its kind in N. America I think, maybe the world now?)

Wisdom Boomerang (saw this only once in my life at the 1994 Arkansas State Fair, looked interesting but I didn't ride it for some reason. You basically got in a tub that spun around a circle very fast, then your tub was released into a tunnel (you can see the curved tunnel in the first pic here) where you went around the curve. Seemed intense.): Boomerang Ride

I have exactly two dozen missed credits However, over half of these are kiddie coasters, so they're self-explanatory. They are:

Roadrunner Railway (SFGADV), Harley Quinn's Crazy Train (SFGADV), Original Kiddie Coaster (Fun Spot Kissimmee), Wacky Worm (Old Town), Lucy's Crabby Cabbies (Carowinds), Grover's Alpine Express (BGW), Great Pumpkin Coaster (KD), Sea Serpent (Fun Spot Orlando), Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster (Universal Orlando), Pteranodon Flyers (IOA), Air Grover (BGT), Trailblazer (Hersheypark), and Cocoa Cruiser (Hersheypark)

Anyways, onto the meaningful ones:

Primeval Whirl (Left Side): it seems like every time I try to ride it, it's closed.

Raging Spirits (Tokyo DisneySea): I never grew to the minimum height Requirement for the couple years it was my home park

Rolling Thunder (Both Sides): My sister rode one side while I rode Kingda Ka

Rebel Yell (Left Side): Rode one side on my first visit, but the second time left side was down.

Tempesto: Down for maintenance

Lightning Rod: Self-explanatory

Sand Serpent: would much rather ride Scorpion or Falcon's Fury

Laff Trakk: Didn't have time

Sidewinder: Under refurbishment for magnetic brakes

Following up on my original post from ten pages ago, now I'll never have the original Riverside Cyclone because of its closure. I'll have to get back there and ride the RMC'd version of it, though.

Also, I'm probably stuck with my credit of just one half of Gwazi, since it's been SBNO for a while. I forget which side I did get, but this was back in the Spring of 2010. Maybe someone who knew how it operated could explain things to me.

2 more since my last post in here:

-Boomerang, Six Flags St. Louis - Closed

-Ninja, Six Flags St. Louis - Broke down when I was next to ride it, went back the next day and it was down for weather

And I'll probably miss another wacky worm credit once local 4th of July carnivals start popping up...

So far...

CGA took out Invertigo before I was tall enough

Knott's: Boomerang, Coast Rider, Sierra Sidewinder

SFDK: My first few visits missed Zonga, then Big Spin by a year or so :/

SFMM: Deja Vu (sigh!), Apocalypse

BGW: Went the year before Tempesto...and then we drove right by KD

USO: Revenge of the Mummy...we decided to go back to the hotel instead! Figures.

Edited by The49er

Most of my missed credits were pre-2007 when I was still afraid of inversions. Nowadays I usually don't do small kiddie coasters unless I want to extend my credit count.

But out of the larger coasters I've missed in chronological order:

The Dragon (Legoland Billund)

Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (then Leathal Weapon: The Ride)

Hot Wheels SideWinder (then Cyclone)

Rock n' Rollercoaster (Paris version)

Space Mountain (Paris version)

Don't count Limit at Heide-Park since it was closed so I couldn't ride it regardless.

Over a year later and still:

Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod