TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Missed Credits: Coasters you COULD have...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just traveled halfway across the US (basically the TPR Midwest tour in reverse) through Missouri to Texas to ride all 3 RMCs, and the night before I left, the NTAG accident occurred. I only got to hit Outlaw Run, and even it went down before Moonlight Madness and didn't reopen the next day. It was so painful to be at SFOT and SFFT and look up at NTAG and IRat in stillness . I can't imagine the next time I'll be able to make it back to Texas to ride em.

When I was fairly young, in late '01, my family and I took a trip to the Northeast and went to BGW as part of it. I was too scared and didn't go on any of the coasters there, and I still regret it, since I was over 54" tall at the time and could have done all of them.

On my trip to Cedar Point I was planning on being a credit whore and riding the Little Dipper at Memphis Kiddie Park in Cleveland while we were there, but when we went to rent our car we were told that my mom's drivers license had expired two days earlier and we wouldn't be allowed to get the car that we rented. We ended up having to call a car service to drive us up to Cedar Point and back to the airport a couple days later. Maybe next time, Little Dipper...

^^Yeah, but Colorado more known for its Ski Resorts and mountains than its coasters. Don't feel too bad if you got to go skiing or snowboarding or got to go to the mountains. Now if you went to Ohio twice and didn't ride any coasters that would be sad.

Last time I was at SFMM Apocalyse was down for the count, so I have yet to ride it. It's not a coaster credit, but last time I was at DCA, Toy Story Midway Mania was closed, so I also have yet to ride it as well. At least these parks are driving distance from me.

^^Yeah, but Colorado more known for its Ski Resorts and mountains than its coasters. Don't feel too bad if you got to go skiing or snowboarding or got to go to the mountains. Now if you went to Ohio twice and didn't ride any coasters that would be sad.

Good point. I spent all of my time in the mountains hiking and exploring. I think we'll go back in 2015 so I'll make sure I hit up some coasters then.

Hm none really.

There were a few I missed for various reasons but eventually I did get them all.

Only ones I'll ever skip are boomerangs, vekoma SLC, or just something I know sucks like Shockwave at KD. Short wait and I still didn't ride it.

Quality over quantity cred earner

Edit: I took this as creds we just skipped but if any miss counts: Drachen Fire. It was SBNO at the time, and it looked so cool and twisted. We road the train past it and watched in sadness at it mocking us. I later learned how it was a torture device, someone I later met said it broke his glasses, and of course I came to learn the joy of arrow anyway... still I wish I could've ridden it just to say.

Same note: Predator at Darien Lake. Was closed that day and I've never been back since. It looked really sweet but again, I've heard negative things. At least that one is still there....for now!

• 3 months later...

This rendition will be a wish list of sorts, containing only coasters that are currently operating and freely allow grown-ups. I managed to knock out nine of my missed credits this year, mostly in California.

Boomerang, La Ronde

Dragon, Lakeside Amusement Park

Flitzer, Playland's Castaway Cove

Roller Coaster, Country Mercantile

Runaway Train, Gillian's Wonderland Pier

Screamin' Demon, Castle Amusement Park

Thunder Road (right), Carowinds

Wow, I'm shocked that only 7 made the list, and nothing to make any park visit-worthy for just the credit (though that may not stop me). I do have several new coasters to catch up on at parks I've visited, though.

Updated the list a bit:

- Pandemonium at SFNE

- Wild Mouse (forget the name) at SFNE

- Kosmo's Kurves at Knoebels

- The Boomerang and SLC at Morey's

- Puff the Little Fire Dragon at Lagoon

- Most of the Jersey Shore coasters

- Kiddie Coasters at SFNE, Elitches, and SFA

*EVERYTHING at KD that wasn't I-305, Volcano, Flight of Fear, or Anaconda because it rained. I really need to go back.

*Big Bad Wolf at BGW because I was too young to go off alone in the park and my parents didn't want to ride it and would have rather waited in a 2-hour line for DarKastle. I'm still a bit bitter about it.

*Disaster Transport and Wildcat at Cedar Point because I ran out of time that day.

*Woodstock Express at Carowinds because it didn't occur to me at the time.

*I finally got it because I stopped being chicken and did it, but I actually put the TTD cred off for three years because I'm afraid of heights and had never done anything that tall. I honestly regret it, though, it's one of my favorites now.

*Air Grover at BGT because I had limited time at the park and would probably never visit again and would rather have taken another spin on Cheetah Hunt.

*All of the Opryland credits because I was 3 years old.

*Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom because we didn't get to it.

*Georgia Cyclone at SFOG because we ran out of time (I really need to manage my time better! )

At least I learn from all these experiences because I'm MERCILESS with creds now! I make sure to get every major cred possible as quickly as possible; Kings Dominion is what taught me that lesson.

Mantis at Cedar Point because by the time I got off Millennium Force at night the park was closed.

Same with El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure because of Nitro's night line.

El toro: first time I went to Great Adventure I just didn't have time, on the second one it was not operating. So...

Anyone who misses El Toro because they chose Nitro or because they "ran out of time" deserves not to experience El Toro!

Usually, I'll skip kiddie coasters unless I'm with a group that wants to ride them. I passed on Nighthawk at Kings Island a few years ago because 1) it had a really long line and 2) I'm not a huge fan of Vekoma Flying Dutchman coasters (they're OK, at best). I imagine I'll finally snag the Nighthawk credit during the Mini New Hotness Trip.

Mantis at Cedar Point because by the time I got off Millennium Force at night the park was closed.

Same with El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure because of Nitro's night line.

El toro: first time I went to Great Adventure I just didn't have time, on the second one it was not operating. So...

Anyone who misses El Toro because they chose Nitro or because they "ran out of time" deserves not to experience El Toro!

I know what you mean, now I realize it was a colossal error but the first time I went to SFGAdv I hadn't really realized how well rated el toro was and I hadn't had particularly nice experiences with wooden coasters. Not only that but my parents decided we had to leave earlier than expected because of the rented car. This year I returned to the US and went back to great adventure JUST to ride it and it was closed.

I will also never forgive myself for that.

There's a few rides from Kings Dominion I wish I had hit, like Avalanche, Anaconda, and Ricochet (only because I want the credits on the latter two. I'm still 2 coasters short of 100 ). For Cedar Point, I'd happily go back in time and trade my experience on Mean Streak for Blue Streak instead.

There's a few rides from Kings Dominion I wish I had hit, like Avalanche, Anaconda, and Ricochet (only because I want the credits on the latter two. I'm still 2 coasters short of 100 ). For Cedar Point, I'd happily go back in time and trade my experience on Mean Streak for Blue Streak instead.

Avalanche and Ricochet are OK; Anaconda is horrible. Blue Steak is a pleasant surprise; Mean Streak is the unpleasant expectation that turns out to be true.

^^^

I still want to like Mean Streak.

Back in the day (about 1996), my then-gf and I did a weekend trip from Pittsburgh to Cedar Point. On the way, we visited SeaWorld Ohio. I'm not certain whether or not I'd actually ever been to a SeaWorld before, but I thought it was amazing. My gf had done her B.A. in Landscape Architecture, so she was pointing out a lot of the detail at Sea World and I was duly impressed. It was one of the most beautiful spots I'd ever seen.

Meanwhile, we could hear and see Geauga Lake across the lake. I had heard about the Raging Wolf Bobs, but for some reason, we never got into the car and over to the other park. I wasn't really a coaster counter back then, so it didn't seem important. We also couldn't figure out how to pronounce Geauga, so we kept making Goo-Goo Lake jokes all day. Then we continued on to Sandusky.

I did become more of an enthusiast during that time period, but then I checked out for a decade or so, and missed the whole Six Flags World of Adventure debacle. I think Cedar Fair closed GL right around the time I joined TPR. I never got back there, so I missed everything that hasn't been moved.

Which reminds me...that same gf also showed me on a visit how well landscaped Paramount's Kings Island was. Is it just me, or have the parks lowered the bar on landscaping since Paramount and Anheuser-Busch left the industry?

When i went to SFOG it was raining so I had to skip Dare Devil Dive, Georgia Scorcher, Batman ,MindBender and the Cyclone. I rode everything else. Also when I went to SFGAdventure for the first time when I was younger I didn't go on any big coasters because I was to afraid. Thankfully I went back two years ago and I went on all there rides except Superman but I rode that at SFOG.