TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Trip 8/25 (River Battle construction pictures)

Just got back from Dollywood. Don't have as many pictures because my camera battery died.

I got there around 9:00 and went strait to Thunderhead. It had no wait so I ended up riding it 16 times up till 10:30. I went to see what Mystery Mines wait was but it looked longer than I wanted to wait so I went to the Bakery and got a big Sticky Bun! After that I rode The Smoky Wilderness Tor or what ever its called because I had never ridden it before. Then went to the Dolly museum because I was waiting for the Dreamland Drive In show. WOW I wish I hadn't gone in the museum most boring thing a Dollywood. I went to The Dream Drive In show then headed to the train to see some construction.

On the train to the right heading up you can get some good veiws of River Battle construction. They are now talking about the ride on the train.

They say little bits of info on the ride and about the connection path. All thats been done is level ing the land and it looks like real construction will start any time now. I Don't have a clear picture of the site because of trees and plants but if you ride the train its very easy to see. The loop at the top of the track is completely cleared and flattened. All they said about that area is

"Every year Dollywood expands like you can see with River Battle. This site is for something a little farther out."

Thats all the news about construction.

I went and rode Blazing Fury. I sat in the back because if you pull the restraint loose you can jet some air back there. Then went to Tennessee Tornado nothin much to say there. I headed down the valley. We went to Country Crossroads and was supprised it was pretty good.

I headed back to Timber canyon. I was going to get more rides to boost my Thunderhead count but it had a 20 minute wait. I went to see how Mystery Mines wait was and it was WALK-ON. I couldn't belive it. But there is some sad news it lost its Single Rider line because they rerouted the wait in the station so more people can fit in it. I got front and its not as rough as people have said. That outside turn is bumpy but thats the only place that hurt because i'm becoming to tall for the restraints. You can get good veiws of path and river battle construction from the Mystery Mine Tressel part. The last part was as awsome as ever. I rode 5 more times and got the fron every time but one and the back was aLOT smoother than the front. i'm a little sore from riding so many times but it was worth it.

Overall I had a geat day it was really hot but the lack of crowds made up for it. I ask some employees of what they though of River Battle and the path. Two asked me how I found out! But all of them were excited for the path expecialy ones in Timber Canyon because they said it will be easier to get good lunch on break in Craftmans Valley. Thats all pictures of construction coming soon.

910539262_IMG_1166(Medium).JPG.36454d612db2f5b6f2b19792ffa2a2d7.JPG

At the bottom of the loop heading back down.

1165695840_IMG_1165(Medium).JPG.cfa0063d358086cdf9cf35f6c09434b6.JPG

The loop is cleared and flattened.

487397452_IMG_1164(Medium).JPG.8318eaecbb5368c89b42a9fc2acdf88b.JPG

Construction in loop.

56546861_IMG_1163(Medium).JPG.f54b71528f08807a4452c084c5808ebd.JPG

The cleared land at in the loop of the train.

202796566_IMG_1162(Medium).JPG.2b92f4783f9de2dd8e9cb28d6e0e2dae.JPG

More Construction.

697564992_IMG_1160(Medium).JPG.4f4c7de66f8eb2e0f05b8596cf071cc4.JPG

Hard to see but this is the site of River Battle behind the trees.

66927491_IMG_1159(Medium).JPG.7c25456bc4e8e5aa2191eec82797ce3c.JPG

Where the connection path will be.

2066744031_IMG_1158(Medium).JPG.39a81a237e287b2375d36093b73c07d8.JPG

First signs of construction.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I personally hope they don't build anything up there...it would ruin the train ride. There are other places around the property that could be utilized before heading up in that direction.

Thanks for taking all these pics kraken613!

• 5 months later...

It does not surprise me that you did not enjoy the museum considering your age. When me and my family went through, we really enjoyed it. My parents are the same age as Dolly, so they were able to relate and connect to her, as well as think about their own experiences. I enjoyed seeing what life was like back when my parents were growing up as well as all the hardships Dolly went through and overcame. One day you will appreciate it...

• 3 weeks later...

I know that Blazing Fury is listed as an attraction on the map, but why is it not shown? (You can kind of make out the building, but it is pretty much the only major ride that isn't labeled...)

Isn't BF supposed to be getting some improvements done over the off season?