TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

High School Trips to Theme Parks

School Groups at Theme Parks and Resorts . . .  

60 members have voted

1. 1. School Groups at Theme Parks and Resorts . . .

• Where's the harm in some school age fun?
    • Ban them!!
    • They just need some adult supervision.
    • I never notice.

The reason why teenagers behave at Grad Nite is that they're on a very tight leash! I worked Guest Relations one time during one at the Magic Kingdom and we were told: if you see a teen breaking ANY rules, the cops are there to haul them out and they can kiss their prom goodbye! I did it once actually, when a group of them litterally stumbled in, being drunk.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It just depends on the people on the trip. I went to Cedar Point last year with my schools Music Department and the people in my group were very be haved. It is great when a school does something like that and most of the time the Students pay for them selves to go so it don't costthe school anything. And it is nice to get a break from the boring class rooms to spend the day having fun.

As a teacher I voted to let them have fun. I have went on field trips with kids of all ages for the last ten years. My students have never gotten into trouble, never been annoying, heck they have never even been late. They range in age from 5th to 8th grade and I let them go thru the park without adult supervision. They just have to have a buddy with them. However you have to realize the type of teacher I am and the amount of mutual respect my students and I have for each other. Because of that trust level I am confident they will behave better then 95% of the park crowd.

I don't really care actually. It's good for the themepark earnings that they have huge school groups in their park, so that's also good for us.

I however avoid going to themeparks on weekdays in June (in Europe that's THE season for schools going to themeparks, especially second half of June).

As a teacher I voted to let them have fun. I have went on field trips with kids of all ages for the last ten years. My students have never gotten into trouble, never been annoying, heck they have never even been late. They range in age from 5th to 8th grade and I let them go thru the park without adult supervision. They just have to have a buddy with them. However you have to realize the type of teacher I am and the amount of mutual respect my students and I have for each other. Because of that trust level I am confident they will behave better then 95% of the park crowd.

I'm glad that you are able to pull your class trips off well. I think most of the school days go OK. But I've seen them go horribly, horribly wrong, and watched park police put up with some straight BS that should have resulted in ejection for a few kids.