TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Scale Coaster trains! Griffon and Alpengeist

Hey guys, sincere thanks for the early look at these models. Yes, we all have a million questions, but deep down, many of us are most excited and really appreciate this.

Will these trains be available online for $20? If they already are I didn't see a link on Coaster Dynamix, and if they're going to be any idea when?

No official release date yet, but park stores/websites will carry the models and sell them along with the CD website. This info is from earlier in the thread. Pretty cool huh?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those trains are really awesome! I wish I had something like that when I was a kid. Unfortunately, I'm in "space is a premium" Miami and there's no room for something like that.

Bad enough I have to take my bowflex to storage to get more room!

Terry

The trains are on a base that is only 4"x11". Not too big. Get more shelves! LOL.

We don't DO shelves in Miami. Besides it would take away from the flat screen TV I need to put up!

Terry "still love the trains though, but can't let the geekiness show to prospective boyfriends" Weaver

Awesome awesome awesome!

I love coasterdynamix!

I have a scorpion set right now. I might get the Griffon train just for the heck of it. I remember that the separate scorpion trains we're fairly expensive, so $20 is amazing!

We will be doing Raptor, Talon, Hydra, Griffon, Alpengeist, Apollo's Chariot, Scream, Superman, and 4 Batmans.

Now that you mention it, I'll probably wait for the Raptor train to come out to get an inverted design, Raptor looks awesome.

And Hydra is probably one of the best looking B&Ms out there (IMO). Nice choice!

*I removed the IMG tags to save space*

WOW

I'm especially impressed with the track that it comes packaged with. The supports, as well as the parts of track that are connected to the supports are very detailed and realistic. Obviously this couldn't be done with the changable models (because the supports could not be put in other spots) but I think it's awesome that you guys added this detail for the statix models.

If I were to dissasemble my scorpion train, could I put the wheels in a griffon or hydra model if I wanted to run that on the track?

I'm sure that the wheels are all the same size, but I just was checking.

And you said that you sell functional unthemed trains on your site. In the future, will this include unthemed floorless or dive machine trains?

If you choose to not comment on anything I asked, I understand.

w t !

They look really awesome, i'll leave some room in by suitcase this summer

(btw, i was browing the specs on the scorpion and dragon models, but i was wondering how many feet of track is included in the packs?)

^^ There is 24 feet of track in a Scorpion kit (6 - 4 foot sections of track plus a 2 foot lift hill) while the Dragon has 40 feet of track (10 - 4 foot sections of track plus a 4 foot lift hill). 26 total feet for the Scorpion, 44 total feet for the Dragon.