TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Scale Coaster trains! Griffon and Alpengeist

Hello guys and gals,

We are about to release our new line of scale B&M style static models and thought we would post to get some buzz in the coaster community. This new line, Statix, will be available soon starting with Busch Gardens Europe, with more parks to follow. Griffon and Alpengeist models will be the initial models available for about $20! These coasters will be compatible with our Scorpion and Dragon modeling kits, so now you will be able to recreate some of your favorite coaster models with accurately represented trains. The Statix line will be available in the park(s) as well as through their websites ASAP. Check out some shots of both the Griffon and Alpengeist models!

Griffon

Alpengeist

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have decided to move this topic into the main forum since the guys from Coaster Dynamix were nice enough to share this news with us. And I felt that some people who may normally not be interested in "modeling" may be interested in these trains.

I know for me personally, these would be a great addition to our "coaster toys"

--Robb "That kind of sounded dirty, didn't it?" Alvey

We are indeed going to release a floorless model. The pic below is just a prototype and not in any coaster specific colors, but we thought we would go ahead and let you guys see them!

The selection of B&M style trains was decided as it is the style of our current roller coaster modeling system, the Scorpion!

Will these trains work with the Scorpion track flipped upsidedown?

Or, can you use these trains in a custom layout?

You will be able to invert the scorpion track for the dive/floorless trains, however the Statix line will be sold as just that, static models. We will however offer a metal wheel kit that will allow them to be used on the scorpion system. We are also working on a new floorless/dive kit that will be easier to assemble and less expensive than our scorpion system!

We have a novel idea for the holding break that will work quite nicely. The dive and floorless will sell for $20 and the inverteds for $25. We will set a price for the metal wheel sets soon. It won't be too expensive.

These models will only be available at the parks or through their online stores.

^I don't have a set either, but the train would look good as a desktop decoration or something like that. I WILL buy one. I'm going to look on the site now.

**Goes to Busch Gardens website**

Dammit! Not yet. Oh well, I guess I could wait a little bit. CD, could you tell me exactly when you are releasing them? I'm very anxious for these!

Right now we are currently boxing/assembling/shipping these to Busch Gardens and they should be there soon! Don't want to say a specific date b/c personally we don't want to get flamed for not meeting it for something that is out of our hands!

As for the term static, we just mean that this model, while it will have plastic wheels and will roll, will not have steel wheels, thus won't have the same coefficient of friction as our steel wheels. Thus, if you wanted them to run on your Coaster Dynamix kit, you would need to buy a wheel replacement kit. We are really marketing this as a desktop collectable sorta thing!

^^YAY!!! I was hoping for a desktop kinda thing since I don't have a CD inverted coaster set. I would have got one, but my model Six Flags is HO scale instead of O. Anyway, I'm planning on buying two of the model trains. One Griffon, and then I think I'll paint one SheiKra. These things are so awesome, especially for $20. That is one hell of a deal!