TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Maverick - Is it worth the wait?

I have a hard time deciding what to ride in the mornings when I go to CP. I always get in at 9am, and usually end up getting few rides on Raptor and MF before the park opens. I did wait for Maverick on the Friday of the Midwest trip, but it was not open right away and the wait was about 45 min to an hour (after it started operating) and it was worth it for that wait, but I do not think I would wait anymore. Same goes for TTD, great ride, but worth the line? To many others, yes, but I would prefer to ride something else over and over if it has no line. Well, except Mean Streak.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Maverick quite a bit, but it was the only line that was over half an hour long so it really didn't seem worth it at first. I'm glad I rode it though.

The first half almost reminded me of like a mini Millennium Force, but with more force in the turns and banks. Also, the Air-time was probably the strongest in the park, but like MF, there were only a few good spots.

The tunnel launch was fun, but I wish I didn't know it was coming. Everyone else in my group thought the ride was over and were totally suprised by it.

The inversions were decent too, but I didn't notice some of the effects while I was on the ride (Like the spraying water).

Still, Millennium Force and Raptor had much shorter lines for the early entry thing last tuesday, so I went with them, and I walked right onto the front seat of Raptor.

It's worth an hour wait ONCE. After that I would probably wait 30 minutes max for it. This of course is my opinion. It was a fun ride, but not as amazing as some are saying.

Couldn't have said it better. Maverick is one of those rides that is incredible the first time, but goes down on the excitement scale the more you ride it.

I would wait 2 hours any day for it...in fact I did (twice)

Best ride at Cedar Point and best ride I have been on.

Speed, airtime, inversions, sharp turns, launches, and a little bit of water

Couldn't have said it better. Maverick is one of those rides that is incredible the first time, but goes down on the excitement scale the more you ride it.

Every ride seems like that to me. EVERY ride.

My question is if you were on a Cedar Point trip would you not even ride Maverick once just because it had a long line???

I admit I was skeptical at first when I seen it had a 2 hour wait spilling into the midway because I truly underestimated Mavericks "fun" level.

I (Along with some buddies on the Midwest Trip) probably waited longer than anyone on the boards for it...

8 1/2 Hours.

Through freezing rain, overcast, high winds, and an annoying kid who would ask the ride op the same question 76 times (We counted).

Was it worth it?

We all said Yes.

Yes. Just watch out for the spiders which haunt its queue and like to drop onto unsuspecting coaster enthusiast.

Seriously we counted more spiders in that line than any other place on the entire Midwest trip.

The ride itself is pretty good and the speed of the LIM lift hill is cool and very surprising on your first ride.

You obviously didn't see the deadly spiders at Canada's Wonderland!

cwdeadlyspiders.jpg.797ceb41486bd095b294e32533264746.jpg

Here's Shelob

I'll echo what a lot of people have said - Yes, but once and once only.

I waited about an hour the first time I went on it, but always a bit less each time after next.

It's a fun ride and probably the best coaster at the park, but I can't help thinking that it could have been just that little bit better.

I think every new coaster is worth at least an hour wait just so you can legitimately come back in here years down the road and complain about how it's gotten:

A) trimmed to death

B) rough as hell

C) neglected by park management

D) relocated to a better park

E) all of the above

Yes. Just watch out for the spiders which haunt its queue and like to drop onto unsuspecting coaster enthusiast.

Seriously we counted more spiders in that line than any other place on the entire Midwest trip.

I brought my friend who's deathly afraid of spiders on Maverick yesterday. Needless to say he was a lot more tense about the queue than the ride itself.

Answering the question, it most certainly is worth the wait. Any seat's great, but be sure to ask for the front or back whenever you go.

I would definitely say it's worth the wait if you've never been on it before. Why? Because I'm waiting in the line no matter how long it is when we go next week, because I've never been on it before.

But if waiting in a smaller line is more important to you than actually riding what could be an "amazing" coaster, then no, I would say don't bother waiting.

I was just wondering if Maverick at Cedar Point was worth the wait as I have heard people say it is not. To me it looks good but I couldn't really say as I hvae not ridden it.

Compared to everything else there...yea, its worth the wait. I wont wait anything more than 20 minutes for MF and 30 for Dragster. Ill wait 45 for Raptor and an hour for Maverick. Those are normally my cut offs. If the waits are all longer - out comes the tripod/camera and off I go to photography.

Maverick's Single Rider Line is the most pathetic excuse for a single rider line I've ever seen.

Basially after you've waited 98% of the line, it let's you split off into a single rider line, and the few people in our group that tried it waited longer than those of us who didn't!

LAME!!!

very odd, Elissa. I split off each time I waited for Maverick this summer and got an immediate boarding pass on. It might just of been the times you went on it, I was there the 2nd day the Midwest Trip was at CP and the one time I went on it that day. I just walked up those stairs and jumped on immediately courtesy of the nice Ride Operators.

I find this tidbit, a bit odd. Say the least.

Maverick's Single Rider Line is the most pathetic excuse for a single rider line I've ever seen.

Basially after you've waited 98% of the line, it let's you split off into a single rider line, and the few people in our group that tried it waited longer than those of us who didn't!

LAME!!!

very odd, Elissa. I split off each time I waited for Maverick this summer and got an immediate boarding pass on. It might just of been the times you went on it, I was there the 2nd day the Midwest Trip was at CP and the one time I went on it that day. I just walked up those stairs and jumped on immediately courtesy of the nice Ride Operators.

I find this tidbit, a bit odd. Say the least.

The point is that they aren't doing single rider correctly. It's supposed to be a separate queue, not something that branches off at the end of the line.

Here's something else to consider. I like to call it the Nirvana theory. If there's something you really want to experience, and you have the opportunity to do it (time, money, location, etc.), then by all means DO IT. You never know what lies beyond today, and you may never get the same chance to do something again. If riding a brand new popular coaster at least once is worth an 8 hour wait, and that's important to you, I see nothing wrong with it.

At the height of Nirvana's fame I had the opportunity to see 'em in Miami. I passed, thinking "eh, I'll catch 'em next time they're in town." Yeah. Since then, I've learned to capitalize on every opportunity I'm presented with, no matter what it may be.

Anyway, just a thought.