TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Maverick - Is it worth the wait?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Just watch out for the spiders which haunt its queue and like to drop onto unsuspecting coaster enthusiast.

Seriously we counted more spiders in that line than any other place on the entire Midwest trip.

The ride itself is pretty good and the speed of the LIM lift hill is cool and very surprising on your first ride.

It's so worth the wait. 95 degrees down is awesome, all the quick transitions feel so powerful, and the air time is just amazing! Then there's the launch with a lot of special effects, the horseshoe roll which is perfectly heartlined, and the turn around and final 90 degree banked turn and the stengel dive. Hint: Ride in front and then back, if you can. Also, night rides are way better and increase your ride by about 50%!

Yes, Maverick is definitely worth waiting for. It really just depends on how much patience you have while waiting in a long line.

Yes. Just watch out for the spiders which haunt its queue and like to drop onto unsuspecting coaster enthusiast.

Seriously we counted more spiders in that line than any other place on the entire Midwest trip.

The ride itself is pretty good and the speed of the LIM lift hill is cool and very surprising on your first ride.

I saw spiders all over CP when I went. They were freaking everywhere!

^Spiders everywhere at CP? I take it you haven't been to Indiana Beach yet.

Anyways, Maverick worth a several hour wait? I'd say 90 minutes for me. However, you could be hardcore and wait 8 hours like some people did on the Midwest trip.

I personally liked Maverick so much that it became my 3rd favorite coaster. Like fitness said, if you have patience, wait.

Hint: Ride in front and then back, if you can. Also, night rides are way better and increase your ride by about 50%!

Wouldn't closing your eyes have the same effect?

I don't know, but the everything after the S-bend at night comes really unexpectedly. It would probably work, even though they have a couple lights shining on it (at night) .

I haven't been on many rides, but there was just something special that I liked about this ride, like the perfect mix of a whole range of elements. I don't know, but it seemed more than good to me.

If I would wait in normal lines for it, I'd only wait for the full queue probably once or twice. My opinion is probably different than a lot of others because I got over an hour of night ERT (seperate from Midwest Trip) .

Maverick's Single Rider Line is the most pathetic excuse for a single rider line I've ever seen.

Basially after you've waited 98% of the line, it let's you split off into a single rider line, and the few people in our group that tried it waited longer than those of us who didn't!

LAME!!!

Maverick was definately worth the wait. I rode it in June and waited 2 hours for front row. The line moved quickly, but we had to wait through two breakdowns. Maverick has everything a good coaster needs in my opinion, besides height, a big drop, a zero g-roll, and a cobra roll. The ride was very forcefull in all directions. I have it rated as my #2 steel coaster out of the 200+ steel coasters I've been on.

^what event was it for...and when was it?

I think waiting in the normal que would be long enough for me. But if it was your ONLY chance to ride it then you shouldn't be mad waiting for then 4+ hours for it.

It was a special privelige for Joe Cool Club members. It was one night last summer, and they do others things different nights with other coasters as well, but our vacation landed right over Maverick ERT. It was pretty cool!

Maverick's Single Rider Line is the most pathetic excuse for a single rider line I've ever seen.

Basially after you've waited 98% of the line, it let's you split off into a single rider line, and the few people in our group that tried it waited longer than those of us who didn't!

LAME!!!

So it is indeed a Sad and Pathetic Line!

LAME!!!

So it is indeed a Sad and Pathetic Line!

The saddest and most pathetic. Although the lady yelled for single riders and motioned for me to come up...I skipped about.....four switchbacks to get up there....so it was kind of helpful.

-J "Yeah, sad and pathetic line" Z

Worth about an hour and a half wait.

Not much longer.

Also, last time I was there, they were pulling single riders from the end of the line to the single rider line.

I was mad because I waited a whole hour and people were passing me, and I was a single rider!

I've only been on it once and it was easily worth the approx. two hour wait. We were in the back seat which was by far one of the more intense rides I've been on.

In my opinion it is an absolutely amazing ride, but I was also not willing to wait the hour and a half to go on it again since I only had a day to do everything in CP. If you have more than one day, I'd probably go on it again if the wait is 1 - 1.5 hours.