TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR- Carowinds

Ok, this is my first TR, so hang with me. Also, my camera isn't the highest of quality so some of the pictures may seem blurry and distorted.

I decided that I should go spend my last day of summer vacation at Carowinds. I got there at 9:50 and used my season pass to duck the rope. I immediately grabbed a locker for the first ride of the day on Borg. I know, smart, right? It amazingly didn't break down, and it gave a pretty good ride, no headache. Then, to pass off time until my friend Ben was supposed to meet me, I pretty much got ERT on everything. This is one of the best days I ever came to this park. I fist rode vortex. The ride ops actually worked fast for a change so i was on and off in 15 minutes. Then, I went and rode Cyclone twice, once in the front, once in the back. After that I hit Drop Zone for a couple of rides. Then I went and rode Top Gun, front seat. By this time, one hour had passed since I got there and Ben had arrived at the park. Poor Ben got stuck with his little brother, who me and him ended up babysitting until 2:00. Well, I know this is very boring and nobody reads anymore, so I just have one more thing to say. Thunder road is open again, front only, and the refurb did it well. It is much smoother than it has been in the past. Well, now photos.

img_0020.jpg.91089bf654c3bb3caaa921afa767fee9.jpg

This is the only problem I have with it still. Get better trains! You have to be tiny to fit in with the lap bar down where it needs to be.

img_0019.jpg.114d3fb7ef42ff8a96d13a4356e85abc.jpg

Train full of happy people returning to the station. I'm glad that it has been fixed. I was missing my third favorite coaster at the park. You can tell where they worked when you ride it. They replaced the entire support structure on the turnaround.

img_0015.jpg.120af48df9f79df75e70f47ea3bfd1ea.jpg

Now, the moment you've been waiting for. Thunder Road!

img_0032.jpg.2b14eb5625edf643250855712508305c.jpg

We all credit whore a little bit, but truly, this is one insane junior woodie. Sit in the back and see what I mean.

img_0041.jpg.fe02ee4675c4a5f76beaf7e19ce7fe4e.jpg

Now this is how i like my days. Also, bad camera, or did I find the bionic woman?

img_0039.jpg.392ed0419db5670299cb61d2a7d201e6.jpg

Guess what's next?

img_0014.jpg.a69027789a592589fd1254cdedbfb631.jpg

I like Frenzoid in its new location. You can finally tell it's there. (Yes I called it Frenzoid on purpose. Southern Star isn't that cool of a name, especially not for an Intamin)

img_0010.jpg.f92892a8a698559a508a0666d3162aa1.jpg

Time for the awesomeness that is an Arrow. My second favorite coaster in the park. Sit either in the front or back seat. In the front, you get ejector air going into the turn over the midway, and in the back you get nice floater air on the first drop.

img_007.jpg.56f8d57f7373a93b951e378ae59f7060.jpg

I took this picture like this to try to make it look bigger, but it didn't work. Oh, well. At least it's still fun. hooray Intamin drop towers!

img_008.jpg.c5a035573d57d02c7b3c2953fa531f21.jpg

Woohoo, Jackhammer: The Ride. The Hurler is actually more tolerable in the back though, and the airtime makes up for the jackhammering.

img_0011.jpg.5c707ff7ac347962df44ceae795d60fa.jpg

Sorry, don't think that inflamed ears are fun. Your big brother behind you gave me enough of a headache after two consecutive rides. Ben's little brother sat on the inside his first time, and thought the Borg was fun. Line was so short, didn't even leave the station to get back on again. Me and Grant switched places, he didn't think it was fun.

img_0012.jpg.f36a2a73931980dd6a92d30e1b90e276.jpg

I'm the Borg. I'm big, green, mediocre, and painful. In other words, I'm a Vekoma who the park thought they could pass off as being new by just painting over the old paint job.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live 20 mins away from Carowinds and I haven't been at all this summer. However I managed to drive 500 miles to spend two days at Cedar Point.

Other than Top Gun, I have no reason to go to Carowinds at all until they purchase a steel airtime monster. We should all stop going to the park and when they see the attendance dip, maybe they'll catch a hint and install a hyper.

I live 20 mins away from Carowinds and I haven't been at all this summer. However I managed to drive 500 miles to spend two days at Cedar Point.

Other than Top Gun, I have no reason to go to Carowinds at all until they purchase a steel airtime monster. We should all stop going to the park and when they see the attendance dip, maybe they'll catch a hint and install a hyper.

Maybe Valleyfair can give you guys the Wild Thing. You know continue the trend of giving each others rides.