TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR 2008 Trips! Download the flyers here!

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will send a big email out right before we leave with everyones deposits I've received. Then I will do the same when we return from Japan. Sorry, but I'd rather not have someone go through our mail while we're away, it's just safer to have it held.

All the trips and pricing is based on double occupancy. All rooms will have two beds. If you want to cram a third person in your room, and leave their roommate with a room to themselves that's your right. We had one group do this on the Midwest Trip. There is no discount or anything for this. The only exception would be if the 3rd person was a child.

Robb/Elissa,

I'm trying to get onto the East Coast trip (I would love to experience the parks in "TPR Fashion" while still staying close to home), and to do that I need to convince my mother that I'll be fine with the TPR gang.

So, anyways, she wants to know about the rooming situation. How are the rooms assigned? Is it the participant's choice who they room with, or are rooms just assigned to keep things simple?

Thanks for any help you can give me, I've got to convince her to let me go!

If you do not know someone on the trip, you will be matched with a roommate. We have Trip Boards on the TPR Forum where you can get to know people before the rooming situation and see if there's someone you want to room with. If you still feel unsure, when we do the questionnaire you put in stuff about yourself and we match you with someone similar. Minors are matched with other minors and will not be put with older participants. (Usually 19 and younger are all matched together)

Hey R&E i need a bit of advise i want to go on this east coast trip but im not real sure on how im gonna get this all done by the deadline. Any info i could get would be great take care and have a safe trip. You can email me direct at matthewmetmatt@aol.com

Get all of what done by the deadline. You have to mail in a check for 250 dollars. That is all. The reason it is a deadline is because that is when they have to have it by. If they extended it for you they would have to extend it for everyone, then it would no longer be a deadline. It would be a suggestion.

Hey R&E i need a bit of advise i want to go on this east coast trip but im not real sure on how im gonna get this all done by the deadline. Any info i could get would be great take care and have a safe trip. You can email me direct at matthewmetmatt@aol.com

Get all of what done by the deadline. You have to mail in a check for 250 dollars. That is all. The reason it is a deadline is because that is when they have to have it by. If they extended it for you they would have to extend it for everyone, then it would no longer be a deadline. It would be a suggestion.

Exactly. If you can't make the deposit before the deadline...too bad, so sad, you don't go on the trip, you go on the waiting list. It's the simple.

If a spot opens up after the deadline and you are first on the waiting list and can pay the deposit in full, then you're in!

Otherwise, please do not waste our time by sending in a partial deposit. You will only find it sent back to you.

--Robb

All the trips and pricing is based on double occupancy. All rooms will have two beds. If you want to cram a third person in your room, and leave their roommate with a room to themselves that's your right. We had one group do this on the Midwest Trip.

I've got no clue who you're talking about.

To the person who asked about Canadians on the Europe trip, I'm not too sure about Europe, but there should be atleast 2 of us on the East Coast trip, myself included. Both of us hail from Toronto as well.

I thought your brothers were getting 1.7 million?

^I'm getting images of Cinderella! Or is it Cinderfella?

You better sell those glass slippers to get that $250, otherwise you're gonna have to continue to scrub that floor!

Like it's been said before, $250 secures the spot... period. If you don't have it, then you take your chances later. But then there's always a chance that someone drops out... that's how I made the trip last year.

Terry

I'm sorry if I'm an annoying nOOb for asking this, but since the deadline is September 28, all depositors with no prior trip experience (like me) are all treated as equal in the case of any lotteries or waiting lists no matter if the deposit comes in September 1 or Septermber 27, right?

Yes, but the sooner you send in the deposit the better it is for everyone. That way R&E have a better idea earlier on of the true demand for the trip, and won't have to do last minute scrambling in October. My guess is that Europe at least is going to be a 100 person trip.

^At MOST 100 people!

We will NOT go over 100 people!!!!

Elissa, i think ginzo is talking about the fact that the deposits will go over 100.

RANDOM QUESTION ALERT

I was just thinking while going tru the parks list or the East Coast (yes i can do 2 things at a time). And i was wondering about the crowds. Let's take GADV, it has 8 big coasters (KKa, ElT, Nitro, Medusa, B&R:TC, B:TR and GASM). Is it possible to get a ride on all 8 in one day?

/RANDOM QUESTION ALERT

I'm sorry if I'm an annoying nOOb for asking this, but since the deadline is September 28, all depositors with no prior trip experience (like me) are all treated as equal in the case of any lotteries or waiting lists no matter if the deposit comes in September 1 or Septermber 27, right?

I had the same concerns last year about the Mid-West trip. In my experience - just get the deposit in. The people on the UK trip had first dibs on spots for this summers trips, but there were more trips available so it wasn't a problem getting a spot. Also - things happen and people have to drop out, or decide on another trip. R & E do their best so they don't have to turn anyone away. I don't recall hearing anything about a waiting list for the Mid-West trip this summer, and If I'm not mistaken - the final two spots on the trip were filled at the last minute.

Yes, technically someone's deposit received on the 1st has the same chance as one received on the 27th if we do a lottery. But it helps to have all of the deposits as early as possible so we can plan for 1 or 2 buses and do the lottery a lot sooner.

For example if we have 55 deposits in for a trip on the 28th, we'd plan for a lottery for 50 spots and one bus. But if 30 people wait till the last minute and their deposits come in one of the last days, then we need to scramble and look into 2 bus options, or 1 big and 1 short bus options, etc. This will delay the lottery and people will have to wait longer to see if they made it or not.

Hope you all understand!