TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR 2008 Trips! Download the flyers here!

Robb, please don't forget that 5pm PST is 1am in the UK/Ireland and worse on the continent - in other words, not a runner on a work night. I'll be there in spirit though

1am?

Damn, looks like I won't be in the chat either then.

Also, putting back the deadline sucks, because now they'll be even less chance of me going on the trip, and now I'll be getting more anxious.

Dude, Chill out.

EDIT: Darn you Peter for typing faster then me!

As far as I know no one has been turned away from a trip that has had their deposit in by the deadline. There are always drops during the year as people figure out there vacation time and money situation. I know it is tough to wait but R&E will do everything they can to get you on the trip.

I'm sure Robb will post a transcript of the chat. Read it the next day and then ask any questions that weren't answered.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robb, please don't forget that 5pm PST is 1am in the UK/Ireland and worse on the continent - in other words, not a runner on a work night. I'll be there in spirit though

1am?

Also, putting back the deadline sucks, because now they'll be even less chance of me going on the trip, and now I'll be getting more anxious.

So when should R&E have a chat that fits EVERYONE'S schedule?

Second by postponing the deadline they are trying to see if there is enough interest for 2 buses, which would make your odds greater to go. This is not exactly rocket science.

As far as no Texas you do realize they have a kid, jobs, website, and other trips to plan, so try cutting them some slack.

Some of you will be joining a trip for the first time, do you really want the first thing that people remember about you to be some selfish comment?

Yegads, who peed in your coffee then?

All I noted was that the chosen time eliminates everyone in Europe with a job, and given that some 40% of those in Korea were from that part of the world (including myself) then perhaps there might be a better time of day. There's no need to be so aggressive about it.

Having said that, earlier in the day would eliminate all Australians, so perhaps it was a case of which is the lesser of two evils...!

If someone hadn't of told me unofficially earlier that the texas trip wasn't going to happen, I might have been upset too, because from all accounts of R and E's posts, it seemed like it was going to happen. I was excited to about this trip because it was the most affordable of all thier trips they do, and to me that is a plus. I am now trying to decide if I want to go there on my own next spring or wait for tpr's trip. My plan now is to spend a good 3 days at cedar point while staying at breakers in the spring. Along with a weekend stay at cribbean cove in Indy (indoor water park) this spring. My advice to all of those who are upset, get over it, things change, your plans change.

R and E, even though it isn't a 08 trip, I sure hope you do it in 09.

Stick around long enough, and you know how many self centered posts like this pop up when it comes to the trips. Some of us get a bit defensive, as R &E do their best to accomodate everyone here, and we get sick of them having to defend the way they run their website and trip planning.

Stick around long enough, and you know how many self centered posts like this pop up when it comes to the trips.

Oh give me a break.

It's hardly self centered to point out (not complain, point out) that a chosen time is in the middle of the night for an entire continent.

I said I'd be there in spirit, and indeed I will be.

All I noted was that the chosen time eliminates everyone in Europe with a job, and given that some 40% of those in Korea were from that part of the world (including myself) then perhaps there might be a better time of day. There's no need to be so aggressive about it.

Having said that, earlier in the day would eliminate all Australians, so perhaps it was a case of which is the lesser of two evils...!

If you have any specific questions, feel free to send them to me and I will make sure they are covered in chat. With the globalization that this site has, it would be hard to accommodate everyone as far as the time goes, however, your questions could still be answered.

You didn't answer the question, when do you think would be a good time to have the chat?

Instead of whining, take some responsibility and come up with a solution.

My solution would be to inconvenience a majority of the people who are likely to go on the trips so a few whiners can get their beauty sleep from across the pond or they could just read the chat transcript and e-mail any questions they have to R&E.

1. I don't drink coffee so that is not my problem.

2. There is obviously no time for EVERYONE to be able to make the chat. Hence why I was making reference to that.

I am just looking back to when I was a first time tripper and never felt the need to address my questions in this manner. Hey maybe it is just me.

1am?

So when should R&E have a chat that fits EVERYONE'S schedule??

I never said or asked about resheduling anything.

I was just pointing out the fact that there's a more than likely chance that I'll be missing the chat, and so the unhappy smiley was showing that, well, I am unhappy, as I generally don't like missing things, especially if they've got something to do with what I may be doing.

Second by postponing the deadline they are trying to see if there is enough interest for 2 buses, which would make you odds greater to go. This is not exactly rocket science.

Well sorry, but unlike you, I've never been on a TPR trip before and so don't really know what goes on with planning, travel and so on. It may not be "rocket science" to you, but for those who are unexperience and don't really know what's going on, like myself, hence the questions, it is.

The last comment, which I'm not entirely sure was directed at me or not, but if it was:

Some of you will be joining a trip for the first time, do you really want the first thing that people remember about you to be some selfish comment?

I don't know what your exact definitions of "selfish" are, but I found your comments to me kind of selfish...

Hopefully this post hasn't hindered my chances of going on the trip, it's just that when people come out patronisingly, I get pretty annoyed.

The vast majority of the questions people ask in the chat are either already included in the flyers or information that R&E are not able to release yet.

If you can't make chat and have a valid question you have two options:

1 - Send ParkTrips your question so he can queue it up for you

2 - Read the transcript after it is posted, if your question is not addressed either PM it to Robb or Elissa or post it in a thread. R&E will let everyone know the preferred method.

As far as purposefully excluding Europeans from the chat, while including Aussies. That is delusional thinking. This is clearly a matter of R&E holding the chat when it is most convenient for them and not an exclusionary practice.

I've got a question and I don't think it has been asked before, but if it has, please call me a Donkey all you want and tell me which page it was on, okay?

Well, I am an 18 year old from the US, and as you can see, have not posted a whole lot on this site.

My plan was to do a TPR trip next year for a couple reasons: To meat other cool enthusiasts, and enjoy a stress free trip (which I can't seem to accomplish when I have to plan my own trips).

I sort of decided to do the Texas one, but now that it is cancelled, it looks like the next best possibility is the Euro one (which has better coasters anyway) considering I live on the east coast and have been to most of those parks.

My question is, as a 19 year old next year, will it probably be hard for me to fit in with the general demographics of the group? Basically, do any people my age do the Europe trips? I have seen young lots of pics of young people on the Midwest, but few and far between in Spain and UK.

So thanks, and again, if I am just asking a repeated question, just guide me to where the answer is!!

Chris

Hey everyone! Here is a bit of news about our 2008 trips!

First off, we want to thank everyone who has sent in their deposits so far. At the moment we are about 20 spots away from filling the 2 busses for the Europe trip and we are at one full bus for the East Coast trip.

Since there has been a lot of interest in our 2008 China & Tokyo trips we have decided to extend the deposit deadline for ALL TRIPS until October 28th, 2007 to give people enough time to decide between Europe, East Coast, China, and Tokyo once we have announced the details of the China & Tokyo trips.

Having said that, please expect an announcement within the next two weeks about the following trips:

- China 2008

- Tokyo 2008

- Mini-South Korea 2008 (2-Day add-on to visit Lotte World and the new Intamin woodie at Everland)

We have decided not to do a Texas trip in 2008 but look for that trip to happen sometime in the near future.

To help answer all your questions we will host a "TPR 2008 Trips Chat" on Sunday, September 30th at 5pm PST (8pm EST). Elissa and I will be available live in the chat room to discuss next year's TPR trips.

Although the deadlines have been extended, please be sure to get your deposits in ASAP! It really helps us decide how many busses and what kind of perks we can get once we know how many people are serious about joining a trip.

So if you haven't gotten your deposit in, please do it soon!

Thanks again and we hope to see you on a TPR trip in 2008!

--Robb Alvey

See the part about 20 more spots to fill a second bus. Hence my comment that extending the deadline gives more people a chance to go. If they don't have enough for 2 buses then 30 people will not make it. I have never been on a 2 bus trip so I know nothing more than anyone else does. I am just using some common sense.

I never knew my comments would cause such an outpouring of emotion from certain people.

My comments were my opinion and by no means are meant to represent anyone else. I guess I just get frustrated by the massive amounts of pages that go up, when I know from fact, that ALL of your questions will be answered in time. The deposit is refundable so if you want to go send it in, and if something comes up ask for it back. I don't see the problem and I don't understand all the "spot" on the trip confusion. NO ONE wo wanted to go on a TPR trip has EVER been excluded, why would this year be any different.

I've got a question and I don't think it has been asked before, but if it has, please call me a Donkey all you want and tell me which page it was on, okay?

Well, I am an 18 year old from the US, and as you can see, have not posted a whole lot on this site.

My plan was to do a TPR trip next year for a couple reasons: To meat other cool enthusiasts, and enjoy a stress free trip (which I can't seem to accomplish when I have to plan my own trips).

My question is, as a 19 year old next year, will it probably be hard for me to fit in with the general demographics of the group? Basically, do any people my age do the Europe trips? I have seen young lots of pics of young people on the Midwest, but few and far between in Spain and UK.

So thanks, and again, if I am just asking a repeated question, just guide me to where the answer is!!

Chris

I just got back from Japan with TPR and there was 6 in the little group that I hung around most of the time with. 3 were in their early 20's and 3 were in their 40's. We got along fine.

Elissa will also try and match a room mate to you that is close to your age if possible. If you get along with them, then there you go.

On the 2 trips I have been on, people always seemed to have others to hang around with unless they wanted to be alone.

I wouldn't worry about it and just get your deposit in. You will have an awesome time.

I sort of decided to do the Texas one, but now that it is cancelled, it looks like the next best possibility is the Euro one (which has better coasters anyway) considering I live on the east coast and have been to most of those parks.

Chris

I too went on the Japan trip not initially knowing anyone and everyone was extremely friendly. I had an awesome roommate and met a lot of super people. It seemed that people floated between groups but everyone was responsive and open too hanging out with new TPR trip people. I would not hesitate to sign up because it will be the time of your life.

Ok, everyone CALM DOWN!!!

How about this. We host two chats on Sunday!

There will now be one chat at 11am and the other chat at 5pm PACIFIC TIME. Now this should cover most areas of the world!

All this being said though, to be completely honest, we usually don't have as many questions from the European contingent which is why we don't tailor the chats to their time zone.

If you can't make either of these chats, like I posted in the calendar item, please just PM, IM, Email, or Post your question and we will address it in the chat and post the transcript!

You didn't answer the question, when do you think would be a good time to have the chat?

Well, we need to look at the demographic of trips. All I've got to work on was Korea but I put that at a broad guess of 60% USA, 40% European. On that basis I'd suggest 2:00pm PST, which is I think 9:00pm in the UK, 10:00pm in France/Scandi, and 7:00am in Australia so those should be able to join too if they want to.

Instead of whining, take some responsibility and come up with a solution.

I've yet to whine; if you read my posts you'll see that.

My solution would be to inconvenience a majority of the people who are likely to go on the trips so a few whiners can get their beauty sleep from across the pond

If you consider going to bed before 1:00am on a work night to be beauty sleep, well, I guess there's nothing more I can say to that.

I don't think there's much to be gained by continuing this debate so this will be my last post on the topic. I'll just conclude by repeating what I've already said - I'll be there in spirit!

Age shouldn't be a factor. You'll be be able to fit in wether you're 19 or 50.

I'm sure there will be a number of people your age, or in their 20s on the trip.