TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR 2008 Trips! Download the flyers here!

This is one thing I noticed on the Europe flyer, it doesn't mention Holiday Park at all.

I know you would definitely go there, but I guess if someone is looking at the flyer without knowing much about TPR they may get the impression you are not going there.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one thing I noticed on the Europe flyer, it doesn't mention Holiday Park at all.

I know you would definitely go there, but I guess if someone is looking at the flyer without knowing much about TPR they may get the impression you are not going there.

I asked that earlier in the thread. Holiday Park is definitely on the itinerary, and it says so on the events page.

Theme Park Review's Mainland Europe 2008 Trip:

- June 22nd to July 6th 2008

- Parks include: Disneyland Paris, Europa Park, Phantasialand, Holiday Park, Heide Park, Walibi World,

Walibi Belgium, Bobbejaanland, Efteling, Parc Asterix, Toverland and MORE - at least 17 parks in total!

I've been to happy valley (Beijing) if anyone has any questions I may be able to help out, I have visited Beijing twice now too, so can possibly help with other related things

Cheers

Chrystal wings has some of the best near misses I have ever experienced btw

I know of an 'all you can eat' AND DRINK sushi place for £5..... 10 dollars

I am asking this as a serious question: What do you think the odds are that I could convince my college to give me a few credits for one of the overseas trips? It would be exposure to a new culture and customs and such and we would see some historic sites- just curious if anyone could bend this more for me to even consider submitting for consideration.

Thanks!

I am asking this as a serious question: What do you think the odds are that I could convince my college to give me a few credits for one of the overseas trips? It would be exposure to a new culture and customs and such and we would see some historic sites- just curious if anyone could bend this more for me to even consider submitting for consideration.

Thanks!

I would say that if you planned to register for independent study credits and produced a scholarly paper based on your trip and submitted it to a journal for publication, you could negotiate it. This would be easier if you're in a masters or phd program than if you're an undergrad, but it's not out of the question for an undergraduate. Annals of Tourism Research is the kind of journal you could aim for, or even a sociology or consumer behavior journal. The idea is to convince your professor/dept chair/dean that you're taking on a scholarly project that you'll follow through on. They may reject your proposal, but it could be worth a try if you want the credits that badly. My guess is that you'll still have to pay tuition on the credits, so figure that into your trip cost.

Good luck,

Martin "former professor who had an interest in leisure studies" Lewison

Thanks!

In all seriousness, it's just a vacation. Having been on a few trips overseas with TPR, the "culture" credit is minimal at best. The most amount of "culture" I've ever encountered would have to do with the various meals. (The Brits would say the bars, but that's another story.) It's been well documented that Elissa is a picky eater, so that didn't happen too often.

We try and stay in "western" style hotels, with "western" style meals. Yes, you can venture off on your own (and many do/have), but don't miss the bus, train or plane, or you will be left behind.

It is a vacation to visit amusement parks, with minimal sightseeing on the side. That "minimal" being whatever we have time to do in the evening AFTER we've been to said parks. Sometimes, we'd get back from parks at 11pm with a 6am departure time.

It's hardly a cultural experience.

JJ

• 2 weeks later...

Just to give everyone a little update -

We DO still have spots open for East Coast USA, Mainland Europe, and Tokyo. At the moment China is full, but you can still get on a waitlist.

If you are interested in these trips, download the flyers here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/trips/

(they have been updated recently)

And then email us if you're interested so we can pencil you in!

--Robb

The single supplement for the East Coast trip at the moment looks to be about $800.

Remember that we do a good job matching roommates and you have plenty of time to get on the trip board and get to know some people and maybe pick your own roommate!

• 5 weeks later...

I'd like to know if there is still room for the East Coast Trip. My extended family decided to have the family reunion during the Europe Trip, meaning there could be a possibility I might switch to the East Coast Trip. I'm currently not planning on dropping from the Europe Trip, but I would like to see what my options are.

Yes, Tokyo still has some spots open. But be warned we are keeping that trip VERY small!

China and Tokyo participants are guaranteed a spot in Korea if they want one, then if there are spots still open it will be open to anyone!

Where will the Korea potentially trip be starting from?

Since we will be flying out of Hong Kong on Thursday 9/11, and probably flying into Inchon (ICN) like we did last September....

You have figure that we'll be checking into a hotel that night, then hitting either Everland or Lotte World on Friday (the other on Saturday). This may be flexible as to which day we go to which park due to the elements (i.e. rain).

Then probably flying out on Sunday, some going home, some on to Japan.

^ Interesting, since Elissa posted:
September 13 - 16. Two park days (14th and 15th).

Email me for more details!

in the T-Express thread (http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=488872#488872)

If you look at the "Official" flyers for the trips' date=' the China trip ends on Sept. 11 as I had posted, and the Japan trip starts in Tokyo on Monday Sept 14.

From the "official" flyer for the China trip:

The tour will conclude at the Hong Kong Airport, Thursday, September 11, 2008. Feel free to add on days to your trip either before or after! There will be an official add on to Korea the three days following China, where we will visit Lotte World and Everland!

From the "official" flyer for the Tokyo trip:

You should plan to arrive at either Narita or Haneda Tokyo Airport on Sunday, September 14, 2008. There you will have the choice to take a train or bus to the first hotel. The tour will end on Monday, September 22, 2008. There will be an official add on to Korea the three days prior to the Japan Tour where we will visit Lotte World and Everland!

I hope that clears things up.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...