TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR 2008 Trips! Download the flyers here!

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Not as bad as the depression some of us got! The going back to work thing totally sucked, but at least I get to see some of the MidWest peeps in about a month! Here's to meeting more awesome people on the trips next year!

I'm wondering how this will affect me with me going off to my first year of college only five days after I get back from East Coast 2008.

I've got a couple of questions:

Does the priority treatment (if you went on a trip in 2006 or 2007), stay with you forever (like the mark of cain), what I mean is you can't lose that status if you don't go on a trip one year (I'm just curious)?

Will there be an announcement on an East Coast add on before the deposit deadline?

Will there be an announcement on an East Coast add on before the deposit deadline?

Most likely NOT before the deadline. Usually we do add-ons as part of the forum group. So once we get everyone together and the forum is open we'll post something about it, or even take a vote if there are several options.

For example, how the Mini-Europe trip ended up being what it is was that we all decided we wanted to do Phantasialand and Toverland for Black Mamba and Troy. And then of course some people said "if we're going to be in Germany, why not stop by GeForce (you know, stop by...just 3 hours away!) and then the flights that worked the best got us in early enough to do a small park, but not a major park the first day, so we added Klotten! And then when we realized we didn't need a full day at Holiday Park since we were getting GeForce ERT we added Tripsdrill!

So what originally started as a two-day add-on like the Liseberg/TusenFryd add-on iin 2006 became nearly a full TPR trip!

--Robb

For example, how the Mini-Europe trip ended up being what it is was that we all decided we wanted to do Phantasialand and Toverland for Black Mamba and Troy. And then of course some people said "if we're going to be in Germany, why not stop by GeForce (you know, stop by...just 3 hours away!) and then the flights that worked the best got us in early enough to do a small park, but not a major park the first day, so we added Klotten! And then when we realized we didn't need a full day at Holiday Park since we were getting GeForce ERT we added Tripsdrill!

So what originally started as a two-day add-on like the Liseberg/TusenFryd add-on iin 2006 became nearly a full TPR trip!

--Robb

And there was much rejoicing

I am seriously considering the Japan 2007 trip, I will know for sure by the end of this week. I do have a question...I've been looking at airfare and half the sights don't have anything available this early and others are around $2,000 traveling from CT to Tokyo. Is there a better approach to booking airfare if I in fact do go on the trip, maybe other bargain sights or better times of the year to book. I do travel alot, but this would be the farthest. If anyone has any tips or insight on this I would greatly appriciate any help. Thanks, Dave.

I am seriously considering the Japan 2007 trip, I will know for sure by the end of this week. I do have a question...I've been looking at airfare and half the sights don't have anything available this early and others are around $2,000 traveling from CT to Tokyo. Is there a better approach to booking airfare if I in fact do go on the trip, maybe other bargain sights or better times of the year to book. I do travel alot, but this would be the farthest. If anyone has any tips or insight on this I would greatly appriciate any help. Thanks, Dave.

I hope you mean mini Japan 2008 because Japan 2007 was last month.

As for airfare, it is a little early to be looking. I just checked United for next September and it is $1000 from the west coast and $1200 from the East coast. Prices will flucuate but that should give you some idea what to expect. I paid just over $900 from the West coast for Japan 2007.

What I usually do to book a ticket is go to the discount sites like travelocity and see what is available and when. I then go directly to the airlines web site and book. I like to choose my seat and if there are any changes to be made to the ticket I find it easier. Others have no problem booking form the discount places

I only found this site yesterday, after finding a link to the flyers on an Alton Towers forum. I was searching around the internet for sites with advice on planning trips, and then found the TPR flyer! It was like a dream come true. I seriously considered the China trip, but I'm not sure if I can afford it. So I have decided to pay a deposit for me and a friend to try to get a spot on the East Coast trip!

One problem I have though is I think I am too late to pay a deposit via e-cheque on Paypal, their FAQ said it could take 9 days to clear

How would I go about paying by bank wire transfer? And is it okay to pay the two deposits at once?

Thanks so much for taking time to read my question!

Oh no, when I try to pay there is no e-cheque option anywhere! I have searched around various FAQs and sites to see if I can figure out why, and I'm pretty sure it's because my new bank account hasn't been verified. I've now started the verification process, but apparently it could take 5 days for Paypal to deposit the amounts that will let me verify my account.

Sorry to be cluttering up this thread but could I arrange a bank transfer? I don't want to risk missing out because my account isn't verified in time!

Hello elissa ! I'm interested in the bank data for an international bank transfer too, since I paid the initial deposit through paypal (without E-check option, not available here) You told me my deposit was taken into account so it's ok right now, but if more convenient for you and me, I'll pay through the bank next time. If it's not that easy to proceed, I'll go on with paypal, paying the extra fees to cover the no pay check possibility. (that's what you kindly proposed). Keeping my fingers crossed to fill a spot, hopefully... May be a dream come true...

By the way, any news on the number of potential trip-members for East coast ?

Greetings from Walibi's homeland