TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR 2008 Trips! Download the flyers here!

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^Tell me about the diet-unfriendly food.

I was expanding during the trip and it's captured on film! It took a month (and a bottle of fat cutting pills) to get the belly back down! Still enjoyed the trip though and that's what vacation is all about.

Tip #6: Wear bigger shirts towards the end of the trip. You'll know what I mean when you look into the mirror!

Terry

^ On the Midwest Trip we were able to visit the waterparks at most parks if we wanted to.

At Cedar Point we even had specific tickets for Soak City.

Pretty much if the waterpark is included in the admission you are free to visit it as long as you have your swimming stuff. I suppose you could even pay to visit if you had to. As long as you make the bus!

What is an advisable sum of money to take on a trip of this scale for snacks and must have merchandise?

(V My apologies, never again shall I contribute nothing.)

That varies from person to person depending on how much "stuff" you "must have." For the basics like water/soda's at the parks, unscheduled meals and MINIMAL souvenirs - I found around $20 - $30 U.S. to be plenty each day. If you are the kind of person who likes to do add-ons like Sky-Coasters, Bungee Jumps, etc... you'd want to bring more. Also - if you like to collect park t-shirts and fuzzies - you'd want to bring more as well.

Hope this helped.

David

David you are spot on with the spending money for the trip. Over all for the 13 days of the midwest trip I spent $450 U.S. but that included the hotel on the night before the trip, SCAD tower x2, Skyscraper x2, Slingshot x1, meals/snacks, a few t-shirts, and a couple of souvenir photos.

What is an advisable sum of money to take on a trip of this scale for snacks and must have merchandise?

(V My apologies, never again shall I contribute nothing.)

Another thing to keep in mind is how much you eat/drink at parks. I generally don't eat a lot, so some days I would get by with just breakfast, a snack, then dinner. Also on the midwest trip a few of the parks had unlimited soft drinks/water available, either out in the park (Holiday World), or in the TPR picnic shelter (Mt. Olympus).

- Andrew

I didn't spend money until the end of the trip really. Most of it was on food and anytime we found a bar . I spent a total of about $350 on the trip. That included cigs, beer, water, snacks, add on attractions, etc..

Oh, and the scad tower! I wish one of those was closer to my house. That was much better than sky diving.

My wife and I spent about $700-$800 between the both of us. That included snacks/drinks at the parks, tips, lots of shirts (I think we ended up buying like 12 or 13), a few gifts for family, and a Fraggle from Kennywood.

For the first couple of days I think we only spent about $30, and that included eating at Bob Evans on the first nite.

For the midwest trip, I brought $600 in cash, and just about spent all of it, although I didn't really spend much until we ended up spending so much time at TGIF at Cedar Point, and spent so much time at the bar. I also spent a bit drinking the last day at the Dells, so the motto is clear. Most of your money will go to alcohol. If you don't drink, you'll be fine.

i don't see a question, more of a statement, but it is right, lemme explain in detail

let's say 10 ppl from previous trips sign up.

and another 80 sign up as regular members.

all 90 members will go on the trip

let's say 30 ppl from previous trips sign up.

and another 90 sign up as regular members.

the 30 from previous trips don't lottery so

70 of the regulars will pass onto the trip:

100 (30/70) pll on the trip. 20 on the waiting list

if from the 100 travelers 15 or so drop out, 15 from the

waiting list will still go on the trip

Another question. This is hard to explain.

When October comes around and people have sent in their deposits, and if there are more people signed up than spots available, and the "lottery" is held, will those not selected be put on a waiting list in case people drop out?

Not a difficult question. The answer is YES. and has been stated before everyone (for UK, Spain, MidWest) that had been on a waiting list at the 1st deadline was bumped up to the being accepted due to the number of dropouts. This might not have been the case with Japan since it is a much smaller group of participants.

Another question. This is hard to explain.

When October comes around and people have sent in their deposits, and if there are more people signed up than spots available, and the "lottery" is held, will those not selected be put on a waiting list in case people drop out?

Depends on what kind of lottery R&E decide to go with.

If it's a Russian roulette lottery ... well let's just say you don't want to lose at that one.

Does your payment for the trip also subsidize Robb and Elissa's cost of the trip? Basically when you pay your fee, are you also paying for part of Robb and Elissa's trip?

I'm not saying it's a bad thing to do that, I'm just curious if there's any profit on the part of Theme Park Review.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing to do that, I'm just curious if there's any profit on the part of Theme Park Review.

I don't know many people who would organize one of these trips, yet alone three or four, for free. The amount of planning is INSANE!! Yet the trips are still a great value.. go figure!