TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR 2008 Trips! Download the flyers here!

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno about anyone else, but I'd *much* rather take a train than deal with the nightmare of air travel.

Yeah, especially with how easy the trains were to use over there, and with how rough London airports can be...

btw asking questions that can be answered by reading the flyer are probably not the best way to say "please approve me!" if you are under age

I am terrified that who to address the envelope to has become a problem. You realize that the address is really all that matters and the post office will deliver the mail to the location even if you put down Satan.

It's not a matter of hoping it will get sent to the right place, but sending in a deposit for something like this is exciting, and I can see where people would want to make sure things are done perfectly.

-Nick

^You are missing my point the name on the outside of the envelope means NOTHING. Hence why I still get mail from the people who lived here before me. The post office only cares about the address.

I know the name means nothing, I'm just saying some people want to make sure things are just right.

I know the name means nothing, I'm just saying some people want to make sure things are just right.

Slickdeals.com advertised a free subscription to Playboy back around 2001. I figured it was a hoax so I signed up using my real address and the name "Willy TheJackass". Lo and behold a few months later Mr. TheJackass started getting Playboy in the mail.

I'm sure people would like to go on both trips, but if noth "sell out" and a lottery is held, I don't think it would be fair for someone to go on both trips and another person zero, Robb & Elissa's regular trippers aside.

Yea because that scenario is realllly going to happen.

I'm sure people would like to go on both trips, but if noth "sell out" and a lottery is held, I don't think it would be fair for someone to go on both trips and another person zero, Robb & Elissa's regular trippers aside.

I really wouldn't worry about this. For 2007, I'm pretty sure that everyone with the means got to go on the trip they wanted to go on. Remember - the list of participants for each trip does change between deposit dates and the actual trip dates. The list of people who were on the Mid-West trip boards in October last year was nothing like the list of actual participants. People drop out due to things like money, life... they switch from one trip to another, they get married, have babies, whatever. If you get your deposits in on time, don't stress on it. You'll be fine.

Also - you will have a BLAST! Seriously - the Mid-West trip was the best vacation I've ever been on and I'm eagerly anticipating the East Coast tour next year. I'm also meeting up with several friends I made this summer for Thanksgiving in Orlando!

Oh yeah - the deposit for Eli and I will be in next week. Gotta get paid.

Take care all!

David

I was wondering how they crowds were during these trips. I was interested in the East Coast trip, but it seems like it is during the peak of attendance at most parks. Was it ever an issue to get all credits during a park visit?

Second, what kind of hotels/motels did you stay in during the Mid-West trip? I thought they would be most similar to the East Coast accommodations.

Last, what kind of food is included? More than continental breakfast?

Any input from TPR trip alumni would be appreciated.

^ During the midwest trip, we really didn't have any trouble getting all our credits in, especially with ERT. Also, Robb and Elissa hook us up with fast pass options wherever they're offered. Most of the parks weren't very crowded.

The hotels we stayed in were Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn, Comfort Suites and some on-site hotels. All quite nice.

Most of the hotels offered continental breakfast, and the other meals included were a variety of different things, pizza, burgers, bbq, sub sandwiches, buffets... etc

Everything was awesome, to say the least!!!

R&E are awesome planners and work everything out the best way possible!

I was wondering how they crowds were during these trips. I was interested in the East Coast trip, but it seems like it is during the peak of attendance at most parks. Was it ever an issue to get all credits during a park visit?

Second, what kind of hotels/motels did you stay in during the Mid-West trip? I thought they would be most similar to the East Coast accommodations.

Last, what kind of food is included? More than continental breakfast?

Any input from TPR trip alumni would be appreciated.

The crowds really weren't a problem. Robb and Elissa plan these things down to the Nth degree. We had Q-bots at SFGA, would be at some parks in morning when the crowds were light, then drive during the middle of the day (when crowds were heavier) to arrive at the next park that evening (night ERT rocks!) At Cedar Point - we had Hotel ERT both mornings (even if one morning got rained out) but we also had TWO days there which was necessary due to the size of the park along with crowds. Everyone (I think) got pretty much every credit that they wanted.

All of the hotels we stayed at were nice. I know I received great service at them all. Comfortable beds, coffee, the works.

Food was a great perk. There were several days where we had all three meals included. We had catered lunches and/or dinners at the parks; breakfasts at alot of the hotels; meal tickets at other places. I will tell you, however; that although the food was great, it wasn't "diet friendly " Luckily we walked ALOT during the trip and worked off some of those oh so delicious empty calories.

Hope this helped. I have to say (again) that the Mid-West Trip was the BEST VACATION EVER!! I totally look forward to next years trip.

David