TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR 2008 Trips! Download the flyers here!

Quick question, if you hve been on a trip previously do you get excluded from the lottery and get to go no matter what? i keep hearing people talk about it, so i was just curious if this were true or if everyone will be in the lottery, if there is a lottery. Thank You!

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Participants who have been on a previous TPR Trip are automatically in if they get their deposit in by the deadline and there's space. After the deadline they have priority on the Wait List (if there is one).

For example, right now out of 50 people signed up for Europe, 37 have been on a previous trip and will get priority over the 13 who have not been on a trip.

^At MOST 100 people!

We will NOT go over 100 people!!!!

Elissa, i think ginzo is talking about the fact that the deposits will go over 100.

RANDOM QUESTION ALERT

I was just thinking while going tru the parks list or the East Coast (yes i can do 2 things at a time). And i was wondering about the crowds. Let's take GADV, it has 8 big coasters (KKa, ElT, Nitro, Medusa, B&R:TC, B:TR and GASM). Is it possible to get a ride on all 8 in one day?

/RANDOM QUESTION ALERT

KK has been doing awesome and has had 30-hour wait all summer, Nitro, Medusa, B:TR have never been more than 30 minutes on most summer days, Gasm is a walk on, Toro is about an hour wait, and Chiller, well lets hope its open by then. From someone who goes to GADV ALOT you will be able to get on ALL coasters in one full day from 10:30am-10:00pm.

-I forgot Superman, This is the only ride that gets HUGE lines up to two hours all day.

-Anyway I am still talking it over with my mom and the only thing holding her back is how much money the trip is even for a graduation present. I was supposed to go to England (mostly theme parks) with my uncle in June 2008 as a grad present but im reconsidering and asking him to split the trip with my mother.

^ Do England as well - that way you won't have to fly across the atlantic twice!

Also I know the price for the Europe trip is high but trust me - the hotels at Disney, Phantasialand and Europa Park are soooo worth the extra cost.

I'm trying to work out whether I can afford to do the same thing for the East Coast trip - what else can I fit in before and after.......

^if you already sent your deposit in you will not miss anything except a lot of the same questions repeated over and over in this thread. R&E will probably dedicate an hour in chat to Trip questions, but again it will likely be a couple of intelligent questions and a multitude of people asking questions that were already answered or addressed in the flyers.

If a dedicated chat session occurs when you are away, don't worry they post the transcript for those that missed the live chat to read.

^I guess the itinerary is so packed with real theme parks that it would be crazy to hit Amsterdam just for this small credit. It may be a nice side-attraction if you are on a sightseeing tour in Amsterdam, but coasterwise, this thing has little to offer.

Really, it's more like a ghost train with some light coaster elements.

Since the wohle trip is about theme parks and not about city tours, I guess the group is better off skipping it.

I have a stupid question? These trips don't include airfare correct? Cause I did the math for the Europe one and it's like 4,500-5,000 with airfare just to go. Flights are like 1500.00 bucks alone round trip, unless someone has the hook up on airfare? I think it's not a lot but at the same time it is on the pricey side!

I have a stupid question? These trips don't include airfare correct? Cause I did the math for the Europe one and it's like 4,500-5,000 with airfare just to go. Flights are like 1500.00 bucks alone round trip, unless someone has the hook up on airfare? I think it's not a lot but at the same time it is on the pricey side!

airfare will probably go down a little, but I did pay $1400 for the flight to Dusseldorf this past year. It is a pretty big part of the total cost. It's a bit too early to actually book the flight, but it is good to start watching fares I guess

I'm hoping to get most of the money for this trip done by the end of this year. Really hoping. And with the airfare as much as it is, I'm planning on staying more than two weeks over there; maybe a month. Most likely I will be turning in my resignation at whatever job I'm working at to do it, unless I find an consulting gig.

My job has gotten on my last nerve; so if they've gotta go by that time.

So my goal is to do two weeks of sight seeing and then the coaster tour. That way I can get my coasters and partying out of the way, then come back to states, unless I decide to move to europe. That's part of my european goal too.

Terry

1. When sending in the deposit and the additional information, should I write it up in a "letter" form or just list the necessary information?

2. Should I address the deposit to "Theme Park Review" or "Robb & Elissa Alvey" ?

I have never done one of these trips before so I don't want to screw it up.

-Sam

1. When sending in the deposit and the additional information, should I write it up in a "letter" form or just list the necessary information?

If it is something private you want to tell them than yeah include a letter or an email. If it is just stuff like age and passport information (if you are planning on attending the Europe trip) they will give you a form to fill out for all that stuff usually after you send in the second non-refundable deposit in February.

From the flyer

Payment Instructions – All deposits and payments should be payable to “Theme Park Review” and sent to:

24502 Montevista Circle, Valencia, CA 91354 USA

Check or Money Order is preferred. Bank Wire Transfer can also be arranged.

Edited by robbalvey