TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR 2008 Trips! Download the flyers here!

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just sent in my deposit for the East Coast US trip, so I should be set! Glad to finally have some notion from my parents that I will get to do a TPR trip!

WOW, just curious how you spent the 3 hours between the time they agreed to send a check and the check actually being sent.

WooHooo im so in on the mini uk i have my passport forms and picture all set to go to the office my little bros will fund it cause they love their big brother so much honestly what could 2 18yr olds do with 1.8 million split between them

Why are your brothers grtting $1.8 million and not you?

Did I miss something, what is the mini UK trip?

Hey guys i just spoke to the younger brothers and they will have to look at discount airfares as far as me going they get the full transfer of their $$$ in sept so if anyone knows a good reliable site let me know thanx

If your brothers are loaded, why are you worrying about saving a few bucks on airfare?

My payment should be sent out on Friday, still not sure which trip...most likely East Coast.

Does the lottery start once over 100 people have sent in their deposit?

no,

if the lottery would start once there're over 100 people (101), only one person would be 'lotteried' out. The lottery will be in Oktober (after the deposit deadline), and there have be more than 100 people signed up.

I just sent in my deposit for the East Coast US trip, so I should be set! Glad to finally have some notion from my parents that I will get to do a TPR trip!

WOW, just curious how you spent the 3 hours between the time they agreed to send a check and the check actually being sent.

I did three hours worth of AP US History Research Homework...

I did three hours worth of AP US History Research Homework...

My ability to push through my AP American Government class might determine whether my parents help pay for my trip. So far I have $1200 saved for it and I plan to get some sort of job this year to earn the rest of the money. I am ready to send in the deposit, but my parents are holding me back from it.

Hey Everybody!!

I am just getting caught up on this thread (last week was crazy with back to school and a flu-sick husband), but I wanted to put my two-cents worth in as someone who had the priviledge of getting to join up with Robb, Elissa and the gang as a "day guest" (or whatever you want to call it) on the MidWest trip.

I appreciate what a lot of you are saying about wishing for the "ala cart" options, etc, as I am in the same boat as many of you with regards to finances, time away from home, etc. However, I completely "get" and respect Robb and Elissa's position on why they don't want to do it. I have planned group events for different things in the past, and it can be a headache. Trying to accomodate "splinter" groups at each park along the way, while still maintaining your "official" tour group, would be way too much for a couple of people to do, and as Robb indicated, this is just something he and Elissa "DO". This is not being put together by an official tour group or anything, and I was really impressed in talking with Elissa how much effort she went to just arranging a variety of meals at each park (when clearly the typical "offerings" are pretty much the same from one to the next).

That said, I want to say how much I enjoyed the two days (the first day of the trip at Holiday World and the last day at Kings Island/Strickers) we got to spend with the group. Since I was among the first couple hundred people who joined the forum when it started, it was great to finally get to meet Robb and Elissa in person. It was also a lot of fun to meet others I had seen pictured on the board over the past couple of years. I am not always great at introducing myself, but I found myself doing it more and more and asking people where they were from etc. Since almost everyone in the group (including most of us who were at the parks on our own) had a TPR shirt or something on, it was easy to figure out who was a TPR member. I really did find that if you just said to somebody "Hey... I'm ____ and my screen name is _____" you would strike up a conversation.

My daughter and I divided our time between doing things on our own and spending time with Elissa and some of the other members. My daughter absolutely fell in love with Elissa, so I had to try to remind her that they had other people they needed to spend time with. No matter where we went in the parks, we would find ourselves in line with or passing by other members of the group. I really enjoyed getting to talk to some of the "international visitors" and Samantha now has a few favorite people of her own (Ryan!! )

I have realized since everyone's posted their trip reports and pictures, justs how many different people we got to meet. It really didn't matter if we got extra "perks" or not, we still felt very much a part of the TPR group. I definitely feel like I am aquainted with so many more people on here now since meeting up with the group!

So....I guess if you want the perks but not the long trip, then, like Robb said, watch for some of the shorter trips or other events they may do in the future. But, if you just want the experience of getting to meet up with other members and meet people in person that you have gotten to know here on the boards, by all means, plan your own day or two and just head to the parks.

Shari "hoping to make it to Virginia next August" Shoufler

WooHooo im so in on the mini uk i have my passport forms and picture all set to go to the office my little bros will fund it cause they love their big brother so much honestly what could 2 18yr olds do with 1.8 million split between them

Hey guys i just spoke to the younger brothers and they will have to look at discount airfares as far as me going they get the full transfer of their $$$ in sept so if anyone knows a good reliable site let me know thanx

If your brothers are loaded, why are you worrying about saving a few bucks on airfare?

well they are each getting 850,000 each and they said they want to look at low cost airfair they will each front half the cost

well they are each getting 850,000 each and they said they want to look at low cost airfair they will each front half the cost

They just got $850k and the first thing they do is look for low-cost airfare! That's rich.

does any one know how many spots there is on the different trips?

I hope to get a spot on Mainland Europe! Sound so cool, can't wait...

the lottery is in october, and then every one knows who's on the trips?

René "one of a kind" Karlend

^Hey Rene,

The spots will depend on how many people sign up initially before October. If 50 or less sign up, then we will do one bus and 50 people will be on the trip, if more than that sign up we will look into other options and there may be more spots available.

In about 6 weeks we'll know a lot more!

Everyone who's interested make sure to get your deposits in by the September deadline so we know how many people are interested!

^www.southwest.com

If you're planning on the Mainland Europe trip, Southwest will not get you there. They don't yet fly internationally.

Flights have just become available for the dates of the Europe trip (airlines schedule flights 331 days from now), and I've priced them out for travel from San Francisco. I've been seeing fares around the high $1200's and low $1300's. I will say that it is still really early, and fares tend to drop some around mid September. Last year for Spain, however, the fares never dropped below $1150 (from SFO), and I paid slightly more than that. Because of the mess American made of my flights last year they credited my account with enough miles for a free ticket to Europe. Bonus!

Summer is high season, and Europe is a popular travel destination. It is not likely that there will be any super bargain fares over there. As long as people are willing to pay the high fares, the airlines will charge them.

I would suggest you sign up for a flight tracker option on one of the travel sites. I know American has it on their website, but I think it's available on Orbitz and Travelocity. You put in a destination, and you're notified when there is a special, or fare sale. If you're willing to pay a service fee, a travel agent may be able to find you a Consolidator Air ticket below market prices. Air Consolidators buy seats in large amounts from their preferred airlines, so they often get them at a discount.

Hope that helps.

Ron

Just you personally or can they tell the whole site.

Again, and not just for the above poster, but can someone please tell me what the F$%k the point is to post in this thread and say you are NOT coming. Did these people used to raise their hand in school to say "I don't know". I'm sorry I just have no idea why there are 50 posts in this thread telling people what you are not going to do.

Rich "wondering why" Bitner

Just you personally or can they tell the whole site.

Again, and not just for the above poster, but can someone please tell me what the F$%k the point is to post in this thread and say you are NOT coming. Did these people used to raise their hand in school to say "I don't know". I'm sorry I just have no idea why there are 50 posts in this thread telling people what you are not going to do.

Rich "wondering why" Bitner

(giggle) Love the post.

My eyes rolled when I read that too. Drop-out, boo, let me direct you to this if you haven't seen it: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31454&start=120

So it was written, and it shall be done. Amen.

Terry "Religiously tired but gotta go to the gym" Weaver

PS Gotta figure out some way to take more time off in europe! Is saving enough to quit my tired job an option? The owner came to my desk to explain why they are taking IM off our desks and replacing it with an internal version... Told him to keep it off my desk.. the IM is how I talk to the consultant in virginia. That little company isn't on anyone's radar to be a security risks... besides, those sillies don't know all the major IMs have web versions that I can get around their ban! Sheesh.