TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR 2008 Trips! Download the flyers here!

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed up as in "check's in the mail" or signed up as in "I actually have their deposit"?

I actually have deposits from 42 people for Europe, at least 20 more I know of on the way.

30 for East Coast with at least eight on the way.

I actually have deposits from 42 people for Europe, at least 20 more I know of on the way.

30 for East Coast with at least eight on the way.

And you have a Sept.28th cut-off date, still ahead???

My, my.

Word gets around, huh?

That's what's so great about using ING Direct or Emigrant Direct. They're totally separate from your regular bank. You have to login and manually transfer the money back to your checking. And it takes a few days for the transaction to go through.

LOL that's what i'm kinda doing now... without the initial deposit... i have online access to three accounts that i transfer money into... i guess i need an account that is offline, where i have to physically go in to withdraw money...

Terrance

Elissa, I have a question even though it's probably months before you make a decision.

Are you thinking about one particular pickup time for the bus or several like the midwest trip on the 22nd? I asking because I will most likely go to europe a week early for a "See my brother/40th birthday/whore's holiday" (yep that's the goal...especially when my brother is gay too) mini trip and I want to get the logistics down of what time of day I need to be in Paris. I'm thinking I'll be partying in Berlin or Prague and catch a early flight into Paris to meet the group. But if I gotta party in Paris, I won't lose sleep either... they got cute house music there too!

Terry "trying to remember his 6 years of french from high school and college" Weaver

Hey...

I've been a member on the site since 2005, but haven't really posted much .

I'm interested in the East Coast trip, and will be bringing a 17 year old friend.

At the time of the trip, i'll be 18 and he'll be 17. Will I count as a 'guardian'?

We've both been active memebers of 'Coasterforce' for years.

Thanks, Jake.

I still regret having to back out of the Midwest trip this year due to our new baby (don't regret the baby, however!).

I don't think schedule wise I can make any of the longer trips, but the Texas mini-trip should be golden despite the fact they're all the parks I go to normally anyways. I know the locations of several of the Carrabas between my house and Kemah, which has to be on the itinerary (too bad there isn't much else to do in Houston these days).

Matt

edit: by the way, due to a new law Texas public schools are starting much later than they used to this school year, which means school won't be out until the beginning of June (they used to be out the beginning/middle of May). This means that any non-weekend days around Memorial Day the parks are open should be relatively empty. The SF parks tend to open daily a week before Memorial Day, however I wouldn't be surprised if they altered their schedule due to school being out later. Kemah is open year-round, however.

Hey...

I'm interested in the East Coast trip, and will be bringing a 17 year old friend.

At the time of the trip, i'll be 18 and he'll be 17. Will I count as a 'guardian'?

Thanks, Jake.

If your 17 you can go without a parent or guardian, but you have to be preapproved by TPR.

Straight from the flyer...

Participants

aged 16 – 17 will be allowed to travel on their own but must have a signed medical release and waiver from their

parent or guardian as well as be personally approved by Theme Park Review.

Terry, it hasn't been officially decided yet, but there may not even be a pickup at the airport. At this point it's looking like participants will take a shuttle to a local hotel, then they are welcome to crash there, sightsee Paris, or go to a bonus park with the group early afternoon.

We'll keep you updated.

^Cool. Not sure how I phrased my post but I guess I meant getting to the hotel that morning. I guess by that time I better brush up on the French well enough so I can get to where I need to be! It will definitely be a toss up between sight seeing and the bonus park!

Still excited!

Terry

Hey...

Thanks, Jake.

If your 17 you can go without a parent or guardian, but you have to be preapproved by TPR.

Straight from the flyer...

Participants

aged 16 – 17 will be allowed to travel on their own but must have a signed medical release and waiver from their

parent or guardian as well as be personally approved by Theme Park Review.

I read that... but wasn't sure.

How do we / does he get this approvement?

Jake x.

^Cool. Not sure how I phrased my post but I guess I meant getting to the hotel that morning. I guess by that time I better brush up on the French well enough so I can get to where I need to be! It will definitely be a toss up between sight seeing and the bonus park!

Still excited!

Terry

Don't worry about your french, i was there 5 weeks ago (Paris, Disney and Asterix) and i was really amazed by the number of french people that actually could help me out in english. Last year is was like zero and this time i even could get around using english alone.

Bas "I guess the french finally came to their senses" Houben