TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shoes on rides

In this year's trips I had noticed that alot of people would remove their shoes (besides flip flops) on rides without footing. Only two years ago it would be a few people here and there. My friends barked at me to do so on drop zone and I cant figure that compulsiveness.

Is this really becoming more common?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to be getting more common to me, too. I don't know why people worry so much about losing their shoes and then leave their cell phone in their pocket.....meh.

It is generally required that you wear shoes on all rides at SFOT with the exception of the floorless rides, though. Health code and safety reasons.

I've seen this happen mostly on SLC's, usually its the younger riders who do it. I'm guessing some people are afraid their trainers might end up coming off during the ride, all I do is tie up my laces before I go on.

Flip flops - take em off

Otherwise - leave em on.

Although, I wouldn't wear flip flops unless I planned on getting wet. I totally agree that people should be required to wear shoes whenever they contact any kind of floor. Coming from someone with disgusting feet, I can safely say that feet are disgusting.

Hmm....odd.... I guess people don't consider that at any time they may need to walk down a long metal staircase that's been baking in the sun all day?

And the peeps who left their flip flops in the station are screwed...

Wouldn't wanna walk down that even in just socks!

I don't understand why people even wear like flip flops to amusement parks. Sure maybe at a water park, but outside of that, why would you want to walk around in them for a long time. I've never done that, but I'm guessing that would get really uncomfortable, and it would probably hurt too.

I don't understand why people even wear like flip flops to amusement parks. Sure maybe at a water park, but outside of that, why would you want to walk around in them for a long time. I've never done that, but I'm guessing that would get really uncomfortable, and it would probably hurt too.

They really don't. They're more comfortable than shoes, imo.

Besides, who doesn't love a good sandal tan?

I think there has been a thread about this before.. but let me once again state that I do NOT condone, or like, people dumping their smelly flip flops before they ride a floorless/inverted/SLC/whatever.

I mean, come on:

a)You KNOW you might lose your shoes. So, yeah, SURE, kick them off on top of my backpack and let Tatsu eat your Razr instead.

b) People with skate shoes and Adidas fare nearly the same. YOU HAVE SHOELACES, USE THEM ACCORDINGLY. Your shoes will NOT show up on the onride photo so tying them for 2 minutes will not instantly deem you a nerd.

c) Don't people have the common sense that when they wake up in the morning, "Hey, I'm going to a place where I'm going to be whipped upside down and sideways and to hell and back, I'd better wear tennis shoes so I don't lose them"? Or, "OK, I really want to wear flip flops so that hot guy can see my $50 pedicure, but I know if I'm kicking sandals on and off all day my feet will end up bacteria laden and black, so yeah, I'd better wear sneakers"... or is that just me? Enough said.

-Amanda "This rant is brought to you by 1 pile of stinky cheerleader flip flops on top of my bag on SFMM's Batman 1 year ago" V.

It seems to be getting more common to me, too. I don't know why people worry so much about losing their shoes and then leave their cell phone in their pocket.....meh.

It is generally required that you wear shoes on all rides at SFOT with the exception of the floorless rides, though. Health code and safety reasons.

At least Iam not going crazy. My friends are all acting like its normal to do so. People can do what they want I guess.The only time I have seen a staff member ask someone to do so is when people just simply dont tie them or they are slip ons. but heres what gets me. If you convenient enough to drop your shoes before a ride why not a your cellphone and other stuff too? I would be worried about losing those too.

If you remove your shoes on these rides is it because your concerned for the safety of others or comfort or the fact alot of people do it?