TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark 2008 - 'Lost meets the Maverick thread'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like there's several photos in there. This is looking good. The bad new is since it's going to be hot Saturday, I might not go until Halloween in Hershey.

Well, at least I'm going.

^ Yeah, I think we've determined that it's four separate pictures divided into quadrants. Who knowns, maybe the four pictures will make one picture when rearranged, but we don't have enough pieces yet to figure that much out, I don't think. So we wait...

-Natalie "I'm going to name my first child 'Nantimi'" Visage

How is that braging? I'm excited! If we get to be among the first to ride the ride, that would be pretty dang exciting! See I'm using exclamation points! I know that it's far to early to say if this is real or not, but either way it's fun to see you speculate, and with the 25 people game thing it's even more exciting!

^I responded before you edited your post to eliminate your 392nd exclamation that you already know what the ride is going to be. I'm not trying to be rude or sound jealous, but yes, we know that you know what Hershey'sTopCkretRideOMG is. So you don't have to keep repeating yourself, okay?

This has to be a hoax. Why?

Domain Name: NANTIMI.COM

Created on: 14-Aug-07

Expires on: 15-Aug-08

Last Updated on: 14-Aug-07

Do you think Hershey would hire someone who's only been in business online for 6 days? According to their site, they announced the Hershey gig on August 20, but the domain was only created on the 14th.

The administrator isn't even on their employee list:

Smith, Brian

iTICKETS.COM

Itickets in a Christian concert promoter. Brian Smith claims to be ...

Smith, Brian

Golden Pear Web Management

Dunno, just smells all fishy to me. As having my own little production company, I think it would look pretty sucky if I contracted someone to do my own website administration.

I withheld all the personal info, but it is public record.

The only thing I'm worried about is that the picture in the lower left is CLEARLY modeled in NoLimits, which anyone can do. Granted, Hershey's StormRunner preview animation was pretty much shite, and NL would be a step up, but still, it lends an air of home-made-ness to the photos that is making me have serious doubts about the validity of this for the first time...

How long did it take all of you to recieve your clue? I replied tonight, and I assumed it would be an automated response. If it was legit. Hershey, wouldn't they make it an auto response? It just seems inefficient for a large corporation.

Why would they make an auto-response if each response had a different picture in it?

How long did it take all of you to recieve your clue? I replied tonight, and I assumed it would be an automated response. If it was legit. Hershey, wouldn't they make it an auto response? It just seems inefficient for a large corporation.

Why would they make an auto-response if each response had a different picture in it?

To throw us off and make us thing it's an intamin. When it's really Zonga!

Anyways this whole thing is pretty cool. Everything is coming together (I guess) just like a movie or something.

^^ There's always the chance that they already have their 25 people chosen by the time you e-mailed them. They probably sent the initial message out to more than just 25 in case someone didn't respond or want to participate, and the first people to e-mail them back with their info got picked. I don't think those of us who got the clues were "special," we were just the first 25 to respond.

The only thing I'm worried about is that the picture in the lower left is CLEARLY modeled in NoLimits, which anyone can do. Granted, Hershey's StormRunner preview animation was pretty much shite, and NL would be a step up, but still, it lends an air of home-made-ness to the photos that is making me have serious doubts about the validity of this for the first time...

But remember the first picture they had us unscramble? I'm pretty sure that wasn't made with NL.

I'd be very surprised if this wasn't the work of HP.

Haha, try to imagine if Cedar Point had pulled this stunt before Maverick... that thread would be 2,000+ posts long...

What would REALLY be funny is if Cedar Point WAS behind all this so that everyone would be terribly disappointed at Hershey. LOL