TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark 2008 - 'Lost meets the Maverick thread'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I call BS on the video. If Nantimi were a real HP client, they would have:

a) The actual video

b) Wouldn't be stupid enough to release it simply because you don't piss of your clients like that.

Besides, the ride was far too huge for HP, and let's not forget they ALREADY have a rocket coaster. My bet is something from Intamin without a launch (or, if they do, something smaller and more like Maverick). I could be wrong, but my gut says that it at least will be nothing like that video.

Ummm how do you know its going to BE a rocket coaster?

DATman wrote:

Wes messing with you

How dare you insinuate I would spend 20 seconds in Photoshop creating an obviously fake tile just to see if people would think it's real and get confused by it. I'm insulted.

Haha, wow, this thread is getting spicy hot. And about the video even though it is a beta you wouldnt release a video of some of the ideas early, because it can show you what type of ride there leaning toward and many other things. Anyone catch my drift here?

Hey, bye the way. I know I'm a new poster here, but I've been active on other forums. There is ANOTHER coaster like this one being built and soon to be open. It is in the SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE, like brazil or something. (not sure though) Their off season is now, so it should be opening soon. Everyone please keep an eye on the international scene and watch new releases and report back here. We may get an actual lift hill shot

You are both right. The domed building is the Christian Science Center, but the tall building in the center of the frame turns out to be their administration building.

A little searching shows that it is 370' tall. I can't imagine that height would be relevant to the new coaster, as someone somewhere suggested. However, the two different angles that the pictures are rotated might tell us something about the slope of the lift or drop.

Any more straws to grasp at?

Good find, nat. Here's a link I found listing all the buildings in the surrouding area.

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/st/?id=huntingtonavenuenue-boston

111 Huntington Ave. looks like the building with the writing next to it.

Can't help but notice the resemblance between the pic on the left for Schindler and the pic on the Nantimi home page.

Just throwing all this out.

^^ Maybe. I think it was taken from the Prudential Tower. But I dunno. I could be wrong. I've never been to Boston, so I don't know where the buildings are positioned in relation to one another.

EDIT: I've been corrected:

"The photo was taken from the roof of some building on the south side of Huntington Avenue, near but not inside the Prudential Center. You are looking southwest."

EDIT: "I think it was taken from the Hood Blimp"

(side note: Boston enthusiasts seem to have just as much time on their hands as roller coaster enthusiasts.)

im gonna jump in here... the hieght of the photo taken could possible be the hieght of whatever it is. It does not appear to be to unrealistic ( but i can not tell for sure). the second pic posted looks like a digital "Badnitrus" background or something youd see recreated in the distance of their videos.

Im going with a BM flyer. we need our Tatsu here on the East Coast.

Here's the mirror image of the pic from the blog.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7505/ncthnr4.jpg

Hotels in that area are a Westin and a Marriott. I was tooling around on google earth to see what might pop out. I couldn't figure it out for anything. I was thinking at 6 AM, the sun is to the east and shadows are to the west, so you're looking north, which made no sense at all. Looking SW, the view could be from the Westin. Telling us... what?