TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark 2008 - 'Lost meets the Maverick thread'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I'm worried about is that the picture in the lower left is CLEARLY modeled in NoLimits, which anyone can do. Granted, Hershey's StormRunner preview animation was pretty much shite, and NL would be a step up, but still, it lends an air of home-made-ness to the photos that is making me have serious doubts about the validity of this for the first time...

How long did it take all of you to recieve your clue? I replied tonight, and I assumed it would be an automated response. If it was legit. Hershey, wouldn't they make it an auto response? It just seems inefficient for a large corporation.

Why would they make an auto-response if each response had a different picture in it?

How long did it take all of you to recieve your clue? I replied tonight, and I assumed it would be an automated response. If it was legit. Hershey, wouldn't they make it an auto response? It just seems inefficient for a large corporation.

Why would they make an auto-response if each response had a different picture in it?

To throw us off and make us thing it's an intamin. When it's really Zonga!

Anyways this whole thing is pretty cool. Everything is coming together (I guess) just like a movie or something.

^^ There's always the chance that they already have their 25 people chosen by the time you e-mailed them. They probably sent the initial message out to more than just 25 in case someone didn't respond or want to participate, and the first people to e-mail them back with their info got picked. I don't think those of us who got the clues were "special," we were just the first 25 to respond.

The only thing I'm worried about is that the picture in the lower left is CLEARLY modeled in NoLimits, which anyone can do. Granted, Hershey's StormRunner preview animation was pretty much shite, and NL would be a step up, but still, it lends an air of home-made-ness to the photos that is making me have serious doubts about the validity of this for the first time...

But remember the first picture they had us unscramble? I'm pretty sure that wasn't made with NL.

I'd be very surprised if this wasn't the work of HP.

The top left one looks like the first tower of the ride. Vertical lift on right side and drop on the left. The bottom left looks like a close up of the drop, and it looks a lot more than 90*. The two pictures on the right look to be going through elements. The top right upside down, and very twisted layout in background. The bottom right possibly an overbank or turn. Sorry, I have been following this closely now, and I think its my first post in this thread - just my thoughts in my head now!