TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark 2008 - 'Lost meets the Maverick thread'

I'm also thinking against B&M at this point based on price. As much as the park and guests love Great Bear, I can't see them adding another B&M major investment right after their 100 years waterpark expansion.

I looked up some of the prices for some of the B&M coasters.

SheiKra: $12,000,000

Goliath at SFOG: $20,000,000

Griffon: $15,600,000

Hydra The Revenge: $13,000,000

Medusa at SFGAdv: $15,000,000

Also, don't forget that the landscape it's on matters too. Since SheiKra, Goliath and Medusa seem to be on flat land, their cost is lower than other coasters like Griffon and Hydra which seem to be on hillsides.

^I don't know, I still don't beleive it because since when would there be an Intamin that drops (refrencing that ad at that baseball stadium)?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, last time I checked, Maverick, Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, Kingda Ka, Xcelerator, Stealth, and Storm Runner all have pretty significant drops. Not to mention all the impulses.

Obviously it isn't a rocket coaster, though.

But we do know that Intamin loves to try new things, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were Intamin's version of a dive machine.

I've changed my mind, and am now thinking that it will indeed be a 10-looper; not only is there the "Perfect 10" line, but they're saying it will be open in 10 months and will be making the announcement at the beginning of October (the 10th month).

At first I thought it might just be a reference to the amount of coasters they have now, but they definitely seem to be playing up the number "10".

Disney is currently doing something similar to this with a fake website.

The Tsunami logos look good, but they do kinda look a little fake. Hershey puts a little more detail into their logos like adding shadowing below lettering and objects, those logos have nothing like it. They just look like their drawn up on Paint.

I'm thinking its gonna be a rocket water coaster from Pro Slide technologies. Its consider a coaster which would make HP have a perfect 11 (which is better than a perfect 10). June would be a better month to open a water attraction than early may when the offical season starts. The water lines are already there from the soon to be gone chutes, which would make it easier to construct. I prefer a dry coaster, but another water coaster would be fine with me. Have to wait til October to find out.

I can't access this area, so perhaps they found out about the glitch and corrected it. Looks like we have a name now for the ride (haha to Clementon for changing theirs to J2!! ). From what I've seen in the teaser, I could really see Tsunami being a nice name for a ride with blue track and a major wave of a first drop ala Maverick.

The Boardwalk does have a wavepool, but it doesn't contain major waves of any sort, just gentle stuff. I wouldn't bet on seeing a bigger wavepool coming next season to Hersheypark, that area just doesn't work with the other waterpark attractions. Though the Boardwalk did show that the public really loves waterparks (duh, you're breaking new ground there, Hershey) I still don't think next season will focus on expanding it.

It's a coaster.

Me and some guys over at another site did a little research an found this: http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIsVerify.aspx?do...prog_id=godaddy (you need to type in the code to see the info).

Apparently it is for Nantimi and it gave an address. I went to google maps and found that it's in the middle of a field with no buildings execpt for a small farm.

I'm pretty sure that the link is broken. I clicked it then entered the code, but I don't see anything even remotly related to Hersheypark or their 2008 attraction

You have to enter the first code, type in "nantimi," and enter the second code. That will take you to the page with Nantimi's "address."

I doubt it would be a water coaster of sorts nor will I think Hershey would go with Vekoma for their next coaster. Besides, that 10 looper is launched, and Hershey already has a similar ride (Storm Runner).

They're plopping down some decent dough for this addition and a B&M or Intamin seems to be the most realistic possibilities at the moment. What type of coaster is still a ballpark figure.

What does that leave?

Intamin mini-hyper?

B&M mini-hyper?

B&M Floorless?

Intamin looper (possibly too similar to Sooperdooper Looper)?

B&M sit-down?

B&M dive machine (please, God, please)?

B&M flyer?

S&S Screamin' Squirrel?

S&S launched?

Premier LIM coaster?

In other words, I think they'll get one of those things.

You forget the Vekoma launched 10-looper